Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New Tear/AA Staff!!

Creator: Acid Reigns November 8, 2012 8:32pm
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 5:59am | Report
Not if people are lategame monsters, then they want to go those items ;)
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 6:01am | Report
Embracing wrote:

Never EVER GET ARCHANGELS OR ATTEMPT TO ON A BRUISER MAGE JSUT BECAUSE IT LOOKS NICE WITH A COMPLETED ITEM.

100% not going to be good on swain.

Item investments that force people to wait are horrible.

Think about it. Why do people not rush Archangels?
Because it takes too long to come to effect.

This goes especially for top lane, where a simple 700 gold can make or break a lane.

I'm willing to test RoA + AA on Swain. Not rushing it, but with the new passive he should be able to stack it a lot faster due to his ult. Also, mana = damage on swain so it seems promising.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 6:24am | Report
How is mana=damage on swain? Unless you mean that he can keep his ulti up longer that is.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 6:25am | Report
I'm skeptical, AAs has always been an item that feels like a big gamble. Without HP/Resists it makes you incredibly easy to kill. Even with the shield on the "final form" 600 damage is an auto attack from an AD carry; you have to farm it for 25 minutes, and invest 1k gold to upgrade it from tear. RoA is slightly more expensive in total cost, gives you a nice bit of health and mana, passive of catalyst gives you solid lane sustain. It's a much safer item and doesn't require you to use abilities to farm it. AA's AP for mana is nice, but (unless you're karthus) you cant DPS when you;re dead.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 6:27am | Report
I think you didn't read by now that resistances will be harder to get and easier to counter...

S3 will be all about HP.
He is gonna kill you!!!
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 6:28am | Report
I was pretty excited on this at first too, but GrandmasterD has some very valid points. I'm still dying to try it out on Swain though.
Psychofrench
<Member>
Psychofrench's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 6:37am | Report
That shield looks good but if you are doing it right, the shield becomes a late game tool, and at that point, you are probably going to be the last one in your team being focused, therefore, the shield, if you get to use it, will only slow your death by a fraction of second.
Psychofrench
<Member>
Psychofrench's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 6:38am | Report
I got excited for a minute but yeah, I think I'm going with GMD on this one. As good as the new AA looks, it doesn't appear to be essential on Singed. Yes, it works better and makes more sense now, but there are still better things to build on him.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 6:39am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

I think you didn't read by now that resistances will be harder to get and easier to counter...

S3 will be all about HP.

No, you see because simply building Health is inefficient without some resists to back it up. Just because they're "nerfing" durability (by making it more expensive/easier to counter) does not make health automatically better. What it does do however is make it extremely important that "tank" champions invest heavily in defensive items rather than being able to split their builds as heavily as they have been. This means no more (most likely "no more") Abyssal Scepter mid game for Malphite/Amummu type situations. Health has never been an "important" stat but "effective health" has been. Effective health is (if you didn't know) the amount of health calculated with resists. In essence if you have 2k HP with 200 MR/Armor your health is much higher than reflected BECAUSE resists reduce your damage taken meaning it takes more attacks to kill you. If you build health with no resists you can maybe take 1 or 2 more attacks. If you build health and resists you're probably capable of taking 6 or 7 (maybe more)attacks than you were before.

SO I agree health will have SLIGHTLY more importance but S3 is not going to only be about HP stacking. If anything regen will be more important over flat health for S3.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 6:41am | Report
Crows foot wrote:

How is mana=damage on swain? Unless you mean that he can keep his ulti up longer that is.

Yep all about the ult. His base damages are super high, especially because of Torment.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide