Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Nidalee, nidalee everywhere.

Creator: Larrious July 10, 2011 6:18pm
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 9:05am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

AP alistar was a trend, Nidalee is just plain annoying in games. Also, HotshotGG this is all your fault and you should feel ****ing terrible about yourself.

Haters gunna hate.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 10:07am | Report
Xenasis wrote:

Alistar's Heal is boarderline OP.

Not in team fights, but in laning.

In a lane, it costs like 20 mana to recover like 100 health? No thanks.

It's 60 heal at level 1 and only half that to anyone else, unless you keep putting points into it, but then you'll have no damage on your other abilities. Only time you max out heal first is if you're roaming

But seriously, Nidalee's early game is waaaaaay too strong and her heal (which also gives attack speed if you forget) is ridiculous late game. She's pretty much ungankable since she can use her traps to ward bushes, and if she's in a bush she runs ridiculously fast. And don't get me started about when she hits 6. Chasing that ****ing cougar is nigh impossible (talk about chasin cougars, amirite or amirite?). I've tried exhausting her, slowing her, stunning her. Nothing. She just hops away, heals, and does whatever the **** she wants. And if there's one troll ability in the game, it's that stupid spear. Half health from one thing, she just snipes you and then when you have to b because of that ridicilous damage the rest of her team goes in for a team fight. Or she can just chase you down herself when she's in cougar mode and rip you to pieces. /isomad
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 11:20am | Report
theBMB wrote:

It's 60 heal at level 1 and only half that to anyone else, unless you keep putting points into it, but then you'll have no damage on your other abilities.

Taking into account the AP you will have, don't forget.

Alistars normally focus on LOTS of early AP in runes and stuff, and can have ~30 AP at level 1, add in a Doran's Ring and you're on 45 already.

Pre-nerf, it was a 0.4 ratio. That meant that with that initial 45 AP, you would be healing just short of 100 health each heal. Yup.
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 11:58am | Report
on yourself ya, it's 50 heal to everything else. Also I don't know how many alistar's focused on AP runes or bought a doran's ring before AP Alistar became FotM.
Also, your math is off, 0.4 of 45 is a mere 18 extra health on each heal. That's one or two auto attacks from a minion.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 12:05pm | Report
DONT NERF NIDALEE. SHES PERFECTLY FINE.
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 12:07pm | Report
Xaioli wrote:

DONT NERF NIDALEE. SHES PERFECTLY FINE.

Obviously this man is not biased in any way, shape, or form.

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 12:08pm | Report
theBMB wrote:

on yourself ya, it's 50 heal to everything else. Also I don't know how many alistar's focused on AP runes or bought a doran's ring before AP Alistar became FotM.
Also, your math is off, 0.4 of 45 is a mere 18 extra health on each heal. That's one or two auto attacks from a minion.

That really doesn't matter, all that matters is that he can easily heal 80-100 on HIMSELF every 5-6 seconds because it goes down in CD whenever a minion dies.

The fact that he can use it EVERY cooldown due to it's 20 mana cost is unacceptable really...

I didn't say it healed anything else much, why would he want to heal minions? The fact of the matter is, that's way out of line when it comes to healing. All I was addressing was somebody saying that Alistar's heal wasn't OP (which it clearly was, 20 mana on a 80-100 heal with 5-6s CD... at rank 1).
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 12:11pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

That really doesn't matter, all that matters is that he can easily heal 80-100 on HIMSELF every 5-6 seconds because it goes down in CD whenever a minion dies.

The fact that he can use it EVERY cooldown due to it's 20 mana cost is unacceptable really...

I didn't say it healed anything else much, why would he want to heal minions? The fact of the matter is, that's way out of line when it comes to healing. All I was addressing was somebody saying that Alistar's heal wasn't OP (which it clearly was, 20 mana on a 80-100 heal with 5-6s CD...).

I do not deny that it gives him strong laning power, but you're point about him with early on AP is somewhat moot. It's not like there aren't other champs who are capable of the same amount of healing (read any other support). It's just that his natural tankiness makes it a little too strong.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 12:23pm | Report
theBMB wrote:

I do not deny that it gives him strong laning power, but you're point about him with early on AP is somewhat moot. It's not like there aren't other champs who are capable of the same amount of healing (read any other support). It's just that his natural tankiness makes it a little too strong.

Comparing Alistar's heal to, say, Soraka's (rank 1) -
Alistar -
60 heal, 20 mana, 0.4 ratio, 12s (-2 every minion) CD (so roughly 5-6, 1-2 if you time it right.)
Soraka -
60 heal, 90 mana, 0.9 ratio, 10s CD.

That's way out of line for a rank 1 spell, especially when Soraka isn't exactly the AP powerhouse that Alistar is. When was the last time you saw someone get bursted down by Soraka?

He simply shouldn't be able to do that. Even SWAIN got his healing nerfed last patch...
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 12:50pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

Comparing Alistar's heal to, say, Soraka's (rank 1) -
Alistar -
60 heal, 20 mana, 0.4 ratio, 12s (-2 every minion) CD (so roughly 5-6, 1-2 if you time it right.)
Soraka -
60 heal, 90 mana, 0.9 ratio, 10s CD.

That's way out of line for a rank 1 spell, especially when Soraka isn't exactly the AP powerhouse that Alistar is. When was the last time you saw someone get bursted down by Soraka?

He simply shouldn't be able to do that. Even SWAIN got his healing nerfed last patch...

that's why they nerfed him, he can't do that anymore. Unfortunately it also means that his heal is pretty much worthless late game

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide