Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Non-Viable Champions?

Creator: Slaak January 25, 2012 9:46am
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 10:53am | Report
AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 10:53am | Report
Because I'm too lazy to quote, Guardsman Bob got stomped by jungle Twitch. He's making a light comeback but it's still not 100% competitive.

1900 ELO ranked game iirc too.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 10:58am | Report
Twitch still does great damage....But his kit relies on close range surprise attacks. That's what makes him so weak right now, most people get rather tanky and can focus Twitch before he even gets 2 shots of his ulti off. IF I had to choose between Eve or Twitch for being competatively, I'd choose Twitch.

But that doesn't make him THE best.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 11:05am | Report
Vampyro is a high elo player who mains twitch.

High elo is hardly competitive.

But, I will say that Twitch -might- be competitively viable, even in the face of Riot's efforts to underpower him. I've always defended Twitch and I've never thought he was as bad as everyone made him out to be.

We'll have to wait and see. Right now we have to assume he is not because literally zero players are using him competitively.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 11:07am | Report
Oracles can just be problematic. If they EVER get to fixing stealth....Twitch and Eve might just make their way into competitive play.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 11:27am | Report
Yeah, I occasionally play Twitch. He's only good when fed. He only gets fed by using stealth to get kills. His stealth is canceled by just ONE person getting Oracle's Elixir. = Not being too good in competitive play.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 11:39am | Report
Forcing your opponents to buy sight wards and oracles and **** can be high impact in it's own right.

That's actually not why he's not competitive if you ask me.
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 11:43am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Forcing your opponents to buy sight wards and oracles and **** can be high impact in it's own right.

That's actually not why he's not competitive if you ask me.

In a sense, yes, since it makes the opponent use gold that could be towards getting more items, giving your team a little bit of an advantage item/gold wise. But if it also shuts down one of your team's character's abilities in terms of positioning around an enemy team without them knowing, it can also make every team fight a 4v5 or make your stealth character [in this sense, Twitch] having to fight from the back, where he might not have the range to be decent.
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 11:46am | Report
You'll learn that questions about viability will really stir people up ^_^

That said...

All champions are viable given the right conditions.

There are a few champions that are viable pretty much no matter what, but meh.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 11:55am | Report
Diesel wrote:

In a sense, yes, since it makes the opponent use gold that could be towards getting more items, giving your team a little bit of an advantage item/gold wise. But if it also shuts down one of your team's character's abilities in terms of positioning around an enemy team without them knowing, it can also make every team fight a 4v5 or make your stealth character [in this sense, Twitch] having to fight from the back, where he might not have the range to be decent.

Granted, if the other team isn't crippled from automatically not having map control because Twitch "Might" be there, if they can pull out and make it to late game, and if they can deal with the fact that end game Twitch is the highest teamfight damage output champion in the game, then sure, they might win. There's always a way to win.

But, oracles doesn't counter twitch early, every lane has to pink ward if they plan to play aggressively at all. Otherwise, Twitch just being on the map GUARANTEES that all of your lanes free farm or the opposition risks dying, even in LOSING lane match ups for your team.

That's strong.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide