Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Non-Viable Champions?

Creator: Slaak January 25, 2012 9:46am
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 12:34pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

But, oracles doesn't counter twitch early, every lane has to pink ward if they plan to play aggressively at all. Otherwise, Twitch just being on the map GUARANTEES that all of your lanes free farm or the opposition risks dying, even in LOSING lane match ups for your team.

That's strong.

Very true, it also goes with the same effect as Jungle Shaco, just the knowledge of a stealth character being any where on the map at any time is enough to pinch some nerves on the opposing team, which means gold has to be dumped into safety wards to invoke any aggressive play, like you said. It is strong when the stealth character can understand the fact that the power of just being there is a strong deterrent to any aggressive ganking or harassing, if the Twitch can use this, then his team is golden.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 12:37pm | Report
Sometimes they legitimately don't even have to use it well.

The simple threat created when you picked a stealther can cause a loss of hundreds if not even over 1k of gold to an enemy team.
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 12:44pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Sometimes they legitimately don't even have to use it well.

The simple threat created when you picked a stealther can cause a loss of hundreds if not even over 1k of gold to an enemy team.

But can also promote the fundamentals of ward placing for the enemy team. Could be a win/win for both teams. haha
Slaak
<Member>
Slaak's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 1:12pm | Report

You'll learn that questions about viability will really stir people up ^_^

That said...

All champions are viable given the right conditions.

There are a few champions that are viable pretty much no matter what, but meh.

Tell me about it .-. I had no idea this would bring up so much debate xD
Also its funny how this has totally skewed into being about twitch lol my friend plays twitch and this is all really amussing to read! thx duff
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 2:00pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Forcing your opponents to buy sight wards and oracles and **** can be high impact in it's own right.

That's actually not why he's not competitive if you ask me.

Dunno about you, but I don't notice the difference when a support champion is 400 gold short. Other than not being able to faceroll with stealth, of course.

Though I'm talking in the experience of someone who has used Twitch as an AD carry. Jungle Twitch is probably a whole different story, considering more than just one lane has to buy Oracle's / Sight wards to counter you.

Hmm... I have the sudden urge to try out jungle Twitch.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 2:21pm | Report
Diesel wrote:

But can also promote the fundamentals of ward placing for the enemy team. Could be a win/win for both teams. haha

Here's the catch, the pink ward has to be smack dab in the middle of your lane or it's useless/evadable. If they know your pink ward is out in river or tribush, twitch can just stealth and walk right down the middle of a lane, giving zero ****s :P

Green wards -also- need to be placed for sight.

That's why properly warding vrs Twitch is expensive.

Slaak wrote:

thx duff

xP

Dunno about you, but I don't notice the difference when a support champion is 400 gold short. Other than not being able to faceroll with stealth, of course.

Though I'm talking in the experience of someone who has used Twitch as an AD carry. Jungle Twitch is probably a whole different story, considering more than just one lane has to buy Oracle's / Sight wards to counter you.

Hmm... I have the sudden urge to try out jungle Twitch.

I notice it when both Mid lane and top lane are down 300-400 gold because of the pink wards they bought in lane phase.

That's a huge pain in the ***.

AD carry twitch is good at farming but jungle Twitch is good at changing the way the enemy team approaches the game.

Aggressive play is too dangerous, you have to ward a lot...

It's a pain.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 2:28pm | Report
Same reason why Eve was considered so game-destroying when she had her stun.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 2:35pm | Report
Yee.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 2:44pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Same reason why Eve was considered so game-destroying when she had her stun.

...She had both stealth and a stun? OP...

DuffTime wrote:
I notice it when both Mid lane and top lane are down 300-400 gold because of the pink wards they bought in lane phase.

That's a huge pain in the ***.

AD carry twitch is good at farming but jungle Twitch is good at changing the way the enemy team approaches the game.

Aggressive play is too dangerous, you have to ward a lot...

It's a pain.

Yeah, I was thinking of AD Carry Twitch, where the support buys an oracle's and there's your OP'ness gone. Gonna try out jungle Twitch whenever I can. Why haven't I done it before?????
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 2:55pm | Report

...She had both stealth and a stun? OP...

Pretty much, yeah. At least it was in solo queue.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide