Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Normal & Draft elo binding

Creator: JMastiff June 2, 2012 7:45am
1 2
JMastiff
<Member>
JMastiff's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2012 7:45am | Report
My WL game ratio in normal is 488:432. I recently started playing draft mode more often to get more accustomed to ranked. Long story short I had really bad lose streak (around 20 with 3-4 wins in there) due to quite good plays by the other team. I felt like they outplayed me and my team in every aspect whereas in blinds it didn't generally happen that often. What happened next I got back to blinds after a while to see how it goes and I just couldn't believe how weird setups I played against (duo Ashe/Caitlyn bot, smiteless Shaco junge farming all day etc.) and how easy it was to win/carry.

Is the hidden ELO from blinds and draft the same? Cause it is just extremely stupid how levels of play on those two differ. Have you experienced similar thing?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2012 7:53am | Report
JMastiff wrote:

Is the hidden ELO from blinds and draft the same? Cause it is just extremely stupid how levels of play on those two differ. Have you experienced similar thing?

Yes.

However, in blinds, you're allowed to pick "OP" champs like Shen, Shaco and others to give you a decent advantage. It's also a lot easier to counterpick lanes in draft and then lose lane really hard.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2012 8:13am | Report
Blind Pick = Confidence Boost!

Lol, I started playing draft ever since I got enough champs for it. Blind is too boring for me and literally, the guys in Blind suck! I only play blinds early morning when I don't feel like waiting so long. It is really hard to lose a blind pick game IMO, I have only lost a 3 -5 blind pick games lol.
Thanks to Miss Maw

Check Out All These Peeps Who Make Sigs <3
LaCorpse, Jhoijhoi, Miss Maw, Arcana3
Xiron
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2012 8:48am | Report
I play draft because I'm extremely annoyed at seeing 2 Darius' and 2 Varus' in every god-forsaken game.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2012 12:06pm | Report
I find that Draft players are usually more serious, and they can actually counterpick you; whereas Blind Pick players will often just pick the champs they want and not care about team composition. In Draft if you pick a champ that doesn't fit in the team comp you will most likely get yelled at. :P
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2012 12:07pm | Report
Yeah, Draft just seems to put teams together better.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2012 1:08pm | Report
Blind pick trolling and trying out new champs.
Draft pick picking right champions for the role, generally more serious gameplay.

Ranked pick, pick the characters you're best at for the role you're best at, cuz diz **** be serious!
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Dypheus
<Member>
Dypheus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2012 3:29pm | Report
I just always do blind pick because most of the time I want to practice a champ without the risk that the other players are going to get it.
If League of Legends is gay, then I am super****.
~Feel free to add me on LoL (EUW) Omerta, or on Skype: Joniakagod
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2012 3:31pm | Report
Blind pick is gambling tbh... You have no idea what the enemy team is going to have, you have no idea what rune/masteries setup to use etc. It's just that lock in & ggogoogogogo, have fun type of gameplay.
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2012 9:29pm | Report
Blindpick is good for fighting a ton of different lane matchups that are not necessarily counters or counterpicks(Like what you would get in draft). You will fight alot of different lane enemies in blind pick. Some you may have never expected...huehuehue....

Check out my complete guide to top lane here.
Check out my Jayce guide here.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide