Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Observer/replay mode...

Creator: Zeprido January 10, 2011 2:38pm
1 2
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 2:38pm | Report
I don't know about other players but honestly I learn best by either visual(watching others play) or teaching myself with trial and error. I'd honestly like Riot to implement the observer/replay mode that's been talked about and teased so players like myself can watch a game live or semi live. Watching a video only gives 1 player's perspective. I'd prefer free reign to view the map how I want to (FoW on/off) be able to either lock in on a player or self movement, and change views between allied and enemy team. If its an observer mode perhaps limit view to one team so as not to allow "cheating" over voice chat, and of course in game chat would be limited to observers only.

Is there anything else you would like to see in an observer/replay mode?
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 3:12pm | Report
Once they get Magma Chamber out.

Which'll probably be next year knowing Riot's work ethic. =\
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 3:20pm | Report
"hey guys we need to get a map and graphics updates up"

"BUT FIRST LET'S WORK ON THIS BLOOPER REEL"
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 4:42pm | Report

"hey guys we need to get a map and graphics updates up"

"BUT FIRST LET'S WORK ON THIS BLOOPER REEL"

That's implying that everyone works on the same thing. That's like saying that the people who wrote, designed and animated the commercial for WoW's newest expansion should instead be working on the the coding of the game. They are two different departments, yes they may share input, they are doing their jobs.

I'm personally anticipating a Spring release on some of this new content.

/end off topic discussion

So in observer/replay mode how about allowing the observers to interact with each other, perhaps drawing lines displaying a different path that would have been more optimal, or indicate who they would have targeted with X champion indicated by different colors.
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Shak3y
<Member>
Shak3y's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 4:44pm | Report
Lol jebus..

"So, shall we fix the server reliablility?"
"Hmm, what about working on magma chamber?"
"I've got it; a new champ?"
"Naa, let's make a video about dave"
"you mean?"
"yess.....BROO LAF."

I think us student's work harder and on more relivent things than riot. Who seem to spend their time procrastinating and making stupid videos on nothing important. ^^
Think. analysis. and improve you game. Always
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 5:08pm | Report
It's not a balanced feature. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this but think of all the cheating that would go on. Hop on vent/skype with the people in the game, give positioning, gank attempts, etc.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Visfarix
<Member>
Visfarix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 5:24pm | Report
Adonikam wrote:

It's not a balanced feature. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this but think of all the cheating that would go on. Hop on vent/skype with the people in the game, give positioning, gank attempts, etc.

^ This. Although I suppose if they put a lag between what is happening in real time in game and the observer, it could mitigate this problem.

I really hope they come out with replay mode soon though. That would be so nice. I would love to see how my friends play and it would be a really great learning/teaching tool for players.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 5:27pm | Report
I say at least have replays. Therefore you can't change the outcome and you can still critique people (if they allow replays to be hosted for multiple people to watch).

Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 5:29pm | Report
You would rather watch than play?
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 5:30pm | Report
Adonikam wrote:

That's assuming ranked/premade custom's matches would have the same observer mode. Perhaps allow observers to vote on a side to observe and all observers can only observe that side. I'd love to be able to hit a button and see a list of games about to start only showing the team comps (or something like that). However in replay mode you can go back and watch it from the other perspective.

Shrillex wrote:

You would rather watch than play?

Not the way you said it, no. I'd like to see how other people play (playstyle/decision wise) to improve my own gameplay, while good, is not at the level that I know I am capable of.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide