Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official QQ Thread

Creator: jhoijhoi June 6, 2011 7:25am
17992 posts - page 1503 of 1800
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2015 7:54pm | Report
I'm working on that.

That's great! Baby steps, my friend.
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2015 8:15pm | Report
I need coaching so badly, I have no clue what separates me from someone like DoubleLift, Sneaky, or Piglet aside from farm.

From my experience, if you're too good for your division, then you'll climb. I'm not trying to say you don't belong in a higher division, because even I won't deny that you've been improving, but I'm just saying that there has to be something holding you back that's preventing you from climbing, and please don't just say it's the teams you're getting, because that's the wrong mentality.

It's definitely more intangible things, such as decision making and reactionary play. I'd recommend watching Trick2G's older "My Way" videos for mentality. His newer stuff is pretty *****, it's just him bagging silly plays and stuff, but his older videos were fantastic regarding decision making. He teaches you things like map awareness and how to react to opportunities the map gives you, as well decision making in not only the sense of making right wrong decisions, but in the sense of making better decisions i.e right decisions and more right decisions. His old videos are honestly fantastic and they've really helped me out on improving.

The one tip that I learnt that drastically improved my game, and this is going to sound like I'm taking the piss but it honestly has improved my game substantially, is to try and die as little as possible. Sometimes you just can't help it, the enemy outplays you and there's no way you'll get out. But if there's an opportunity where you have the decision to get something but die in the process or just back off and be safe, I generally take the safe option now and that little thing that seems like common sense is what improved my game dramatically. The best thing to do in lower elos, in my opinion, is to just not take incredibly high risks. If you take the option where you die, there's always the chance that you don't even benefit from it and you just die. Where as backing off ensures that you're safe and that no possible bad outcome can come off it. Of course, you could just abuse the lower skill that the people around you have in lower elos, but if you stuff up, even stupid players can carry a game. Just following that little rule made me play much better, and I could probably attribute that little tip I learnt two years ago to me climbing out of bronze.

The other thing to note is that the enemy team always knows something you don't. There's a reason in their mind for doing the things they do. If you're playing top and a lower health enemy starts becoming more aggressive, don't just assume they're ******ed and you've got easy food off this. The enemy probably sees his jungler coming towards top, and he's trying to bait you in for a gank. There's a reason for everything someone does, and chances are, you can never 100% know what that reason is until the reason reveals itself. Before that though, you can make educated guesses and see what is the most likely option for what they're doing.

The key to climbing low elos is not to be a flashy player that always goes for the risky Protatomonster's Top 5 Plays, it's the player that's consistently making the right decisions and continues to iron out the mistakes he has. Be reliable and consistent. The higher you climb, the more risks you'll need to take, because the people around you will be making less mistakes that you can easily capitalise off of.

EDIT: I'd just like to add that I haven't actually seen you play, so I really don't know what you're doing right and wrong. I'm just giving some general tidbits.
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 12:26am | Report
SO BORED
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 1:25am | Report
What happened to the "Ezreal is a **** champion" post?

Basically MOBAFire.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 1:30am | Report
I never posted that.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 1:31am | Report
Oh boy I must have been hallucinating or something.

Basically MOBAFire.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 1:33am | Report
Must have been.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 1:40am | Report
I need coaching so badly, I have no clue what separates me from someone like DoubleLift, Sneaky, or Piglet aside from farm.

ahaaahahahahahsdauhsjeyh73hwqe4y7asdhahahahawhahsdasd

The better question is what you have in common with them, aside from the obvious arrogant mindset with DL and Piglet.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 2:50am | Report
I play ADC?
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 2:51am | Report
Quite sure you can remove the "C" part

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide