Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official QQ Thread

Creator: jhoijhoi June 6, 2011 7:25am
17992 posts - page 1523 of 1800
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 7:46pm | Report
Re4XN wrote:
There are also these things called emulators. I have been enjoyong some pretty cool games lately like Wario Land 4 and Ratchet and Clank...

Swiss ****ing cheese, yes.

A decent emulator is amazing and, believe it or not, will also play console games, because you're basically running a console on a stronger piece of hardware.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Square won't leave the biggest percent of the market out of it's sales. the 7 remake is gonna be on PC maybe a month after. And, if you played 7 the first time, you don't really need to play it again IMO. :P

Same with 15. It looks to be coming to PC too.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo, yea. There's that.

Although, I do agree with you that you can't really emulate a WiiU, but I'm super behind on the game world so I don't know what's worth getting on there.
True love is found only in yourself.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 7:59pm | Report
Aside from the fact that neither have been announced for it, there's still games I would rather play and console and want on console.

I do not support emulation under any circumstances unless it's to preserve gaming history by getting games that can't be obtained through legal methods. Because, if it's worth playing, it's wroth buying. People work hard to make these games happen, and they can't do it on their love for the job alone. They need money to make it happen.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 8:00pm | Report
So I'm not the only person who generally dislikes pirating stuff when I can afford to buy it, that's good to know.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 8:10pm | Report
Emulation is legal actually. You're allowed a digital backup if you own the item you're emulating.

Of course, that doesn't mean I don't play a whole bunch of old games on it.

On the "pirating is super bad" argument, here's what I do for games that are mainstream/still in circulation. Pirate it, play it for an hour. If I like it, I buy it. If not, well then I don't waste money on something that I don't like. Which, uhhh, money is kinda tight for me so I can't really afford games too often. :s

Yay for being unemployed, since nobody wants to hire me. :I
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 8:17pm | Report
Well, you already own the game so that would make it legal. You own the license to use the game in which manner you see fit.

I still couldn't condone piracy even under that condition, regardless of the lack of money since pre-orders exist and games can be paid off over time. Kind of like building a PC, if want a super expensive PC but can't afford it up front. You pay for it over time as you can afford it.

I know those feels, the only thing is that I don't have a High School diploma. I dropped out for personal reasons though.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 8:27pm | Report
No... that's not really how any of that works. I can't pre-order a game if I don't have the upfront payment. And I can't actually get the game if I don't have the money to pay for it when it officially releases either.

Plus, most computer-related places don't let you pay for things over time. Unless you're only buying like, one part at a time. And even then, you have to buy the individual parts all at once. Paying over time is not a common practice here.

As for the lack of job, I do have a high school diploma. People still don't want me. :D
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 8:39pm | Report
Not to mention pre-ordering is stupid af.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 9:00pm | Report
How is pre-ordering stupid as ****? Logically explain that to me, because I didn't pay up front for any of my $80-$150 CE games so I can get the extra physical content content. If anything, you sounds stupid for saying that. And, eve after the game comes you can keep paying it off before they have to do something with it. At the end of the day, you're guaranteed your product and if something happens and it's cancelled. Your money goes right back to you. It's a fool proof system that can't possibly fail that you have nothing to lose in and everything to gain. Unless the store closes down, then the money will be at another location to be picked up, or continue to pay your pre-order. The only way your pre-order money wouldn't be secure is if you went to a local store and didn't know they were closing. Otherwise, that's pretty much your fault for trust an establishment that wasn't a secure place to do business and failed to keep up on whether it was still around, or not.

I do mean buying one part at a time, but saving up money every month, or weekend is no different than putting money down on your pre-order. The only difference is you aren't guaranteed it'll be in stock when you have all the money together.

No Jobs, No Cash, No Hope.
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 9:12pm | Report
yeah but if the product is **** then you are out however much money you dumped into it. The company already made profit off you and you didn't have to know the product was ****. If you knew the product was **** because you waited a few days after it got released before buying it, maybe you wouldn't have bought it.

You already spent the money and you have no idea if the game will be even any good. It's not like you get anything out of pre-ordering it, usually at least.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 9:20pm | Report
Then you grab your receipt, march your happy butt on into the store and request a full refund which they can't deny you. I've never really had that trouble because I'm good at knowing games I'll like and what games I won't. And, just because a game gets bad reviews doesn't mean you won't like it as I have owned plenty of games that rated in the 4's that I absolutely loved. *cough* Operation Raccoon City *cough*

Opinions of video games are in the eyes of the beholder, and the quality of the game is only determined by how much you actually enjoy it yourself. Not by how much someone who got paid to play it liked it. Although, I won't deny that it's a good benchmark. But, I've also had plenty of high rated games that I don't like, or won't even bat an eye regardless of popularity. Like, I will never spend a dollar Super Meat Boy. I just think the whole game looks stupid and there's no possible way I would ever like it.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide