Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official QQ Thread

Creator: jhoijhoi June 6, 2011 7:25am
17992 posts - page 1524 of 1800
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 9:20pm | Report
So you're pre-ordering a game that you've never paid before, unsure whether you like it or not.

See, it's **** like that that pissed people off about Arkham Origins, AC anything past one, Borderlands Prequel, Aliens: Colonial Marines LMFAO... hell, any game that any gamer didn't like for glaring reasons that was pre-ordered.

Like, literally the only good reason you'd have for pre-ordering was if you spent time playing it in Alpha or Beta releases and even then it's shaky.

Let the game release, let the idiots who DID pre-order complain about it, see reviews on it and then you can be more certain it's a purchase you're going to be satisfied with. There's only two games I've pre-ordered in the last 4 years that I wasn't disappointed with in some way and that was Skyrim and Dynasty Warriors: Xtreme Legends. Everything else had bugs or problems or it was just a **** game on release that it wasn't worth pre-ordering and in some cases, was super-glad I didn't pre-order them (Assassin's Creed: Unity, lol). I don't want to waste my time being frustrated on a game because of some issue that could easily have been avoided had I just not pre-ordered, waited and see. Plus, good deals usually come AFTER the game is released and pre-order content isn't ever actually worth the extra money, lmfao.

And best of all, I don't have to waste time refunding games (plus, there's the risk of you not being able to refund it according to Steam standards).

The reason isn't solely monetary.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 9:24pm | Report
Basically, you wrote a whole lot of stuff which can basically be described into, "don't buy into the hype." Which is understandable, don't buy into the hype. Buy into what you think you want, personally I have a good sense of knowing what I want.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 9:24pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:
On the "pirating is super bad" argument, here's what I do for games that are mainstream/still in circulation. Pirate it, play it for an hour. If I like it, I buy it. If not, well then I don't waste money on something that I don't like.
The vast majority of people who pirate stuff do it so they don't have to pay period or because they're unwilling to find a free thing that functions in the same way, not because they want to try it before they buy it. Like, you can pretty much find a legal and free program to do anything one you'd pay for or pirate would do if you're willing to look and sacrifice a bit of time learning how to use it.
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 9:25pm | Report
And besides, if the company hypes the game and then cashes in on the pre-orders they may not have any incentive to give you a decent product now.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 9:26pm | Report
Basically, you wrote a whole lot of stuff which can basically be described into, "don't buy into the hype." Which is understandable, don't buy into the hype. Buy into what you think you want, personally I have a good sense of knowing what I want.

Not exactly. There are far more advantages to not pre-ordering than there are pre-ordering. There are literally no advantages to pre-ordering except to get it exactly at release and 'extra content', whilst not pre-ordering saves a whole lot more hassle, plus better deals usually come out after release in order to try and increase its sales.
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 9:28pm | Report
also i got ninjad with the don't buy into hype thing, nothing i can do there.

BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 9:30pm | Report
It may be an incentive to not trust the company again unless they can prove they've cleaned up their act. Otherwise, I avoid specifically buying into hype and I can usually tell what I'm getting into by looking at the product. If some looks great, and seems too good to be true. Chances are that it's exactly that, too good to be true. Take Watch_Dogs for example, tons of hype surrounding but after time my interest started to wear off. Because they only showed the same type of gameplay over and over, and that raised a ton of red flags for me. Although, I didn't have money I wouldn't have pre-ordered even if I did because my game designer's intuition sees something they're showing that I don't like.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 9:33pm | Report
sirell wrote:

Not exactly. There are far more advantages to not pre-ordering than there are pre-ordering. There are literally no advantages to pre-ordering except to get it exactly at release and 'extra content', whilst not pre-ordering saves a whole lot more hassle, plus better deals usually come out after release in order to try and increase its sales.

I personally disagree, I think there's more to gain from pre-ordering.
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 9:37pm | Report

I personally disagree, I think there's more to gain from pre-ordering.

like what?

BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2015 9:40pm | Report
Self-discovery above all things, gaming is about self-discovery and what you may end up liking may not be the same as everyone else likes. How can you say you're a gamer and be unwilling to discover? I mean, then again you could always be a tool and march to the same beat as the majority. No good designer got to where they are now by only playing high rated games, they played everything because self-discovery is everything in gaming. No one person can every truly have fun by only playing highly rated games. How do you think gaming got it's start? Discovery.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide