Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official QQ Thread

Creator: jhoijhoi June 6, 2011 7:25am
17992 posts - page 796 of 1800
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 2:48pm | Report
First rant inc!

Getting tired of jungling Shyvana in normals, people have no idea to the concept of counter jungling, just played a game against an opposition Fiddlesticks jungler, got FB on him at level 3 and proceeded to spend the entire game in his jungle hitting 6 by the time he's level 3

Top lane Jax meanwhile overextends and dies to Irelia and gets killed by a combination of her and the turret, guess who's fault it is? mine for a lack of ganks apparently... the fact I've completely locked down an opponent doesn't seem to register to these people

Interestingly, he advised me that Shyvana should get red and gank at level 2.. after advising him at level 2 top will most likely not even be near the halfway marker in lane and burnout isn't a Goku-Esque instant transmission he piped back down >.<
Thanks Xiaowiriamu for the awesome signature!
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 2:53pm | Report
Actually, Burnout is enough movement speed + red buff to execute a "good" gank to make them at least burn Flash.
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 3:23pm | Report
It's not so much burnout itself but that it lets you potentially land an E+Q combo with Shyv, early game that **** just HURTS.
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 3:37pm | Report
Team throwin games all day erryday.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 4:24pm | Report
Quoted:

Actually, Burnout is enough movement speed + red buff to execute a "good" gank to make them at least burn Flash.

Oh without doubt you CAN gank with Burnout, also running Exhaust wrecks opponents, but trust me, at level 2 there Irelia would of been impossible for even the finest of gankers

It's not so much burnout itself but that it lets you potentially land an E+Q combo with Shyv, early game that **** just HURTS.

Oh I quite agree, but he argued she should gank at level 2, so I wouldn't have E + Q... yes I could run in at level 2 and against a VERY poor opponent get a flash out of them, but in my experience with her it's much more effective to get 3 and invade, 90% of junglers can't trade with her especially with an exhaust up, and this guarantees an advantage over your opponent rather than attempting a speculative at best gank

Consequently we won the game with me carrying late game, I just find it so frustrating when every lane dying is somehow your fault
Thanks Xiaowiriamu for the awesome signature!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 4:29pm | Report
It's doable, just relies on the enemy's positioning and how you approach them.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 4:30pm | Report
Quoted:

No.

3 seconds of deteriorating movement speed won't let you get close to someone unless he's super over extended or derped hard enough to get caught.

It's as Jeffy said, the burst makes even the minor slow from red extremely lethal, but most of the time you aren't close enough to use it.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 4:35pm | Report
They don't even need to be "super" overextended. It's simply reliant on your ability cut off their escape. If you come in as they step in to CS (assuming they are melee and not someone like Jayce) that's enough time in the middle of their animation to close the distance.

The other half of the equation is the team mate in lane. If they have some sort of CC (hard or soft) you'll definitely burn their flash/ghost.

It's all about the positioning and the ability to coordinate with your team mate(s). Just my opinion.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 4:39pm | Report
It's come to my knowledge that a lot of champions now have the mobility to get away from champions like Shyvana and Udyr.

As such I based my response based on that.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 4:41pm | Report
Yet I still see those champions played in tournaments on a semi-regular basis.

I'm not saying it will always work. But Udyr Flash+Stun is scary as **** and Shyvana peeling out of the jungle like a coked up drag racer has its merits.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide