Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Patch .120 notes

Creator: caucheka June 21, 2011 7:29pm
57 posts - page 4 of 6
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 1:37am | Report

This patch looks ****.. so many nerfs..

EDIT: Trolololololol Winter, that's why I stopped playing Jax ages ago :D... I knew this nerf was incoming.

I expected more of a rework, or at least a change to his E. This change is like "Oh, Jax deals huge damage early, let's nerf it and don't think of what this might trigger.".
It's just like Dyrus said:
Nerf Jax a bit and he will become unplayable, buff him a bit and he becomes a god.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 2:02am | Report
Adonikam wrote:

Yeah.. there was... It's called jumping on someone for half their health.

Yeah, then they Auto Attack you 8 times before you get out of their range.

Not to mention that the Dyrus build starts with 9 armor pen, which means that you'll be doing 203~ damage with your Leap+AA against your average 4 bar squishy, Annie/Ashe etc.

203 damage is great, but That Ashe can do the same amount of damage with that 100% Crit first shot.

Also, Jax's ult is still bad.
Tri lane for life.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 2:05am | Report
You were doing it wrong lol, you gotta jump on em, rush into brush wait for cds rinse + repeat. Also you gotta wait out that first Crit not take it to the face.

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 2:08am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Yeah, then they Auto Attack you 8 times before you get out of their range.

Not to mention that the Dyrus build starts with 9 armor pen, which means that you'll be doing 203~ damage with your Leap+AA against your average 4 bar squishy, Annie/Ashe etc.

203 damage is great, but That Ashe can do the same amount of damage with that 100% Crit first shot.

Also, Jax's ult is still bad.

The Build has 6 Arp, from the offense masteries.
Since you are usually sidelaning with Jax, you can leap on someone and go into the bush afterwards.
Harassing with Jax is more risky than with other Champions, but deals(dealt) significantly more damage.

edit:
Huehue, Adon ninja'd me now. :3

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 2:38am | Report
Nice buff on Vlad.
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 5:00am | Report
Gotta love the changes in blitzcrank and poppy. Quite useful ones.

Regarding the ward changes, it'll also affect kata's Shunpu and not only targetted as Jax as it's been mentioned before.

Overall I think it was a nice patch... I guess we'll have to see game impact.
61. When in doubt, ward.
Shaynythyryas
<Member>
Shaynythyryas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 5:02am | Report
Frakking nerf on the gold/10 items... like it wasn't hard enough sometimes to full support, now i have to behave with only 1 Philo stone + 1 HoG, with a little nerf on the philo which takes it to the level of a meki pendant.
Like stacking philo was op...

Terrible nerfs on Eve and Vayne, but i hated these two anyway.
I'm never wrong ; reality may be.
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 5:04am | Report

Frakking nerf on the gold/10 items... like it wasn't hard enough sometimes to full support, now i have to behave with only 1 Philo stone + 1 HoG, with a little nerf on the philo which takes it to the level of a meki pendant.
Like stacking philo was op...

Terrible nerfs on Eve and Vayne, but i hated these two anyway.

Yes, stacking gold/10 items was OP (you would often see people stacking 2-3 GP10 items)... doesn't matter if you were stacking HoGs or Philo's...

And on a side-note: You can also buy Philo and Kage's (for AP if you use it)
76. GLHF is code for "We are going to rape you". Not returning the favor is giving consent.
Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 7:05am | Report
Poppy

* When Poppy Heroic charges a champion, she will now attempt to attack the target immediately afterward

YES YES YES, I cannot tell you how many times I've charged someone into a wall only to stun lock myself. Good fix.

Nice nerf to Jax, if you had AD runes early game you could out lane just about anyone. I like the Irelia changes and Jarvan is still good despite what people may be thinking. That wasn't a strong nerf just like the Vladimir nerf wasn't that strong. Gold per 5 unique, you are still going to see Phil + Heart of Gold on just about every jungler/roamer/offtank.

Overall good patch I think. Nerf that Rumble!

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 8:10am | Report
JunSupport wrote:

@EvilDice:

You didn't watch the Tourney streams I'm guessing?

Malzahar's damage output was ridiculous with team coordination.
Xypherous also stated that Malzahar's suppression was overpowered compared to the other two suppression skills, having superior damage, range, and a longer duration.

The range and duration couldn't be shortens, as it was part of his flavour, so the damage had to go.

Malz walks a very fine line between op and up as you may see this next patch. He requires unique playstyle to play properly, which also requires him to push his lane with no escape mechanisms. Similar to Ashe, since he has no escape he needs a strong ult and a lot of damage to be effective, and this is why I am saying that riot needs to be very careful with him, especially since you can counter him. I have seen a balanced galio be nerfed to next to useless for months... I don't want to see that happen again with malz.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide