Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Possible Chalice upgrade?

Creator: Lugignaf April 24, 2012 7:44pm
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2012 11:13pm | Report
He had a short run and he is now forever dead.
LONG LIVE THE NINJA!
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2012 11:18pm | Report
hes already dead.

he just hasnt caught up yet.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2012 11:20pm | Report
Dat Shen nerf will completely break solo top Shen.

AP Mid Shen next big thing.

And I think most Yis will start Q now because of bonus damage in jungling.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2012 11:23pm | Report
Btw, posted a new thread with link to the RoG in GD so there's no confusion for new readers about the Chalice change. inb4 SHEN SHOULD START BUILDING CHALICE, BIG MANA ITEM =P

Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2012 11:46pm | Report
Xaioli wrote:

Btw, posted a new thread with link to the RoG in GD so there's no confusion for new readers about the Chalice change. inb4 SHEN SHOULD START BUILDING CHALICE, BIG MANA ITEM =P

You should include item changes then since you don't have them there.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 12:03am | Report
Zeprido wrote:

You should include item changes then since you don't have them there.

Done and updated, giving you credit for your post. If you want me to edit in credit for source (if you got it from one), let me know.

Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 1:44am | Report
the sunfire buff isn't enough to make it viable, it's still grossly overpriced and pretty terrible late game
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 1:47am | Report
seriously they should of just made it unique. and buff the damage to 60. thats all they should of ****ing done.

but instead they had to raise the price and nerf the damage.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Yagamoth
<Member>
Yagamoth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 4:10am | Report
As I read this thread - many here don't seem to realize how incredibly powerful Chalice actually is for how little it costs. Reason why many who actually know how strong it is didn't build it anyway, is because it's an earlygame item (doesn't build into anything) and is replaceable through other means with good mana management (e.g. 2 Dorans Ring, Philo Stone).

Why I mention it being "incredibly powerful"? I'm mostly talking about midlaners playing against AP mids. The early magic resist let's you survive burst combos you normally wouldn't survive. The early mana regen let's you harass/sustain in lane for so much longer and gives you the power to gank other lanes while starting to run towards these lanes with 0 mana (as in, it regenerates enough mana on the way for you to get off a good combo).

Further, it's not only for mages.
- If you get a Chalice on an Udyr, you can easily keep up 3 stacks of his passive all the time (!).
- If you get Chalice on WW, he will be an immovable object in lane as soon as he also gets a mana crystal.
- If you get Chalice on a Jungle Alistar, you will be able to "stay out and gank" for an extremely long time (Mobility Boots + Chalice results in a ridiculous gank-galore. Often you have to decide between ganking and farming some jungle camps, because mana wouldn't be enough for both).
- If you get Chalice on an Anivia it works like a consistent Blue Buff.

"But you just said it's replaceable through other means, so it's worthless"
- Point is, "with good mana management", this does not only mean that you have to be efficient, but mostly also, that you have to cut down on harass/sustain. Being efficient AND having Chalice can reasonably fast result in zoning an enemy.

In short, if they bring this item live, I expect a Chalice nerf. The complete item seems fine to me because of it's cost. It was a niche item for a few Champions/matchups that could profit from it enough to justify buying it, despite not giving any damage output. Now, that it also builds into a reasonable item it's much easier to considergetting it.
"I'd love to write a guide about 'getting out of elo hell', but I can't find a way to get in there.."
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 5:50am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Did someone say chalice of discord? I'm building that **** on all of my champions now.

lololol ;D

Sounds like a great item which I will build on some AP Carries, such as Lux, Orianna and other champs with mana problems. Don't know if it will work but I will surely test =)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide