Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Possibly the next Champ?

Creator: Diesel February 16, 2012 9:14pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 10:59am | Report
Her ripost ability.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 10:59am | Report
Quoted:
W - Ripost: (Passive) Fiora's Attack Damage is increased. (Active) Fiora parries the next basic attack from a champion or monster and reflects magic damage back to the attacker.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Meow?
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 11:01am | Report
That's not a thornmail =_=
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 11:02am | Report
Jefffy the skills are like you fence in Rl. Stand and look what the enemy does an try to block it. He opens up dash to him and try to land a hit. Be fast well you can say it about everything with balads
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 11:03am | Report
sure it is Duff, it's a one use version of a better version of Thornmail :o

Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 11:07am | Report
LaronX wrote:

Jefffy the skills are like you fence in Rl. Stand and look what the enemy does an try to block it. He opens up dash to him and try to land a hit. Be fast well you can say it about everything with balads

Parry, actually. A block stops something, a parry misdirects it to going a different direction than intended. Since she has no shield, she cannot block.

However, yes, the skills are homage to real life fencing.

I'd imagine her Q will be a step lunge, as her crit animation is a real life fencing lunge.

@Nighthawk
You stop the damage completely though. If I was Tryndamere and I was going to crit you for 1k, a Thornmail might stop 500 of that, but the parry part of her Riposte ability will stop the damage completely, and the riposte part will deal (I'd imagine) a capped percentage of that.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 11:07am | Report
......ok I'm not ignoring what the abilities are....I'm telling you they are influenced by a world of warcraft rogue....but I said it doesn't matter because if you haven't played wow you wouldn't know and you'd make statements trying to tell me that this champ is totally a fencer....I know she's based on fencing I know what fencing is. But the way her abailities work especially her ultimate are all taken from a rogue.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 11:13am | Report
uhm.. shouldn't it say riposte?
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 11:13am | Report

......ok I'm not ignoring what the abilities are....I'm telling you they are influenced by a world of warcraft rogue....but I said it doesn't matter because if you haven't played wow you wouldn't know and you'd make statements trying to tell me that this champ is totally a fencer....I know she's based on fencing I know what fencing is. But the way her abailities work especially her ultimate are all taken from a rogue.

I've played WoW and I've played a rogue.

The fact that her ultimate is similar is completely irrelevant. If you had to say X is a copy of Y every time then this game wouldn't even exist.

The fact her skills are named over swordplay maneuvers like a rogue is irrelevant. They drew the same inspiration, they didn't sit down and copy the other. If I remember correctly the Rogue has an ability to do extra damage after a parry called riposte. Maybe they sound the same because that's what a riposte is in real life.

A rogue had no ability like her Q, W (his parry mechanic was largely different) or E (other than the fact they both move fast).
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 11:14am | Report
caucheka wrote:

uhm.. shouldn't it say riposte?

Should do and it's most likely a typo. If it's not I'll be angry. The word "ripost" doesn't mean anything, the word "riposte" is a translation from French that I can't remember but is relevant to what it actually is.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide