Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

's Forum Avatar

Post your Game Stats here

Creator: iGotHacks January 30, 2011 5:25am
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
6381
Joined:
Jan 10th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 4:46am | Report
Blian wrote:
good to see that amount of AP on her. I hate when ppl build her tanky.
Slappiz wrote:


I'm not a huge fan of tanky Janna builds.
Her AP ratios are kinda good and I honestly think it's the strongest build for her in SoloQ.


Don't mistake 'tanky' for 'utility'. Mikaels + Locket can be considered tanky but you build it for the utility rather than the tank stats. I personally get a mix of both (usually mejais+mikaels as first items).
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1599
Joined:
Jul 15th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 5:11am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Don't mistake 'tanky' for 'utility'. Mikaels + Locket can be considered tanky but you build it for the utility rather than the tank stats. I personally get a mix of both (usually mejais+mikaels as first items).


Locket and Mkaels I consider as support items and not as tank items. I like my Janna squishy with super strong heals and shields.

I don't consider those items bad for Janna but for that type of playstyle I've adapted on her the AP build suits me like a glove. Crucible should be considered a core item on her but I like to beef up on AP so Mikael's Blessing< Morellonomicon as core item.

The locket isn't really necessary in most games so unless it's like a super important item to have on your team, you can skip it.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
3801
Joined:
Dec 6th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 5:45am | Report
Janna's in such a strong place right now. It's unreal how much easier it is to carry with her, compared to other supports.

Quite frankly, i think excellent play with other supports like Thresh and Morgana will carry just as hard as just 'above average' Janna play.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service


Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1599
Joined:
Jul 15th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 6:12am | Report
utopus wrote:
Janna's in such a strong place right now. It's unreal how much easier it is to carry with her, compared to other supports.

Quite frankly, i think excellent play with other supports like Thresh and Morgana will carry just as hard as just 'above average' Janna play.


I feel like season 5 is her weakest season so far.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
6381
Joined:
Jan 10th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 6:30am | Report
How can you say that when in the beginning of the season she was a must-ban with a 55-57% winrate at high elo? In season 3/4 Janna actually saw next to no play. She isn't so strong as back in the very beginning of S5 because of metashifts and nerfs but she's still very, very strong.
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1599
Joined:
Jul 15th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 6:50am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
How can you say that when in the beginning of the season she was a must-ban with a 55-57% winrate at high elo? In season 3/4 Janna actually saw next to no play. She isn't so strong as back in the very beginning of S5 because of metashifts and nerfs but she's still very, very strong.


Did I say she was bad? No..

I've been playing her since S2 and this is her weakest season considering how they've nerfed her since then. She has been a lot stronger than she is now but she is still one of the best supports.

She was OP back in the days when I started to main her but she was rarely played because people are dumb and always do what pro players in LCS are doing (they play as a team and pick the champs that suits their comps and playstyles, but people don't think that way).

In season 3 she wasn't very popular either, even the first half of season 4 she was rarely picked compared to how much she was played after she made a frequent appearance in LCS.

Meta shifts has nothing do with it, she has a ridiculously potent kit for a support and she is and has always been a team fight powerhouse when it comes to supporting. This was even more true in previous seasons.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
6381
Joined:
Jan 10th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 7:22am | Report
You don't seem to understand the concept of 'relative strength'. Yes, in season 3/4 her kit was stronger than now because of all the nerfs (but that goes for about every support), but overall she wasn't as strong because she 1) didn't have as much good matchups against the other tier-1 champions and 2) the game revolved around splitpushing a lot more than teamfighting and was a lot more snowbally meaning Janna couldn't get to that lategame.

If you just look at the numbers she's weaker than ever, but if you look past numbers and at her place in the game in general she was about as strong as ever in the beginning of this season.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
5946
Joined:
Jan 18th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 8:32am | Report
FIght! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.





Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
10094
Joined:
Dec 7th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 8:38am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
How can you say that when in the beginning of the season she was a must-ban with a 55-57% winrate at high elo? In season 3/4 Janna actually saw next to no play. She isn't so strong as back in the very beginning of S5 because of metashifts and nerfs but she's still very, very strong.


Because she relies on her team a LOT more than most supports do. You can't really initiate with her, and her peel is good but that doesn't matter when you're very behind or your teammates make stupid plays. You can shield and ult them away, but that doesn't mean you've fully disengaged, and your team might just go in anyways.

With Thresh, Blitz, Leo etc you can at least initiate, and with Lulu, Morg, Nami etc you can at least do a bit of damage and catch/peel a bit better (note peel doesn't mean disengage).


Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1599
Joined:
Jul 15th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 9:41am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
You don't seem to understand the concept of 'relative strength'. Yes, in season 3/4 her kit was stronger than now because of all the nerfs (but that goes for about every support), but overall she wasn't as strong because she 1) didn't have as much good matchups against the other tier-1 champions and 2) the game revolved around splitpushing a lot more than teamfighting and was a lot more snowbally meaning Janna couldn't get to that lategame.

If you just look at the numbers she's weaker than ever, but if you look past numbers and at her place in the game in general she was about as strong as ever in the beginning of this season.


I'm not looking at numbers I'm telling you that's how it was, her lanes was a lot easier to win before with her old stats and she did a lot better overall early and mid game.

About the splitpushing... Janna is the fkn best support you can have in a 4v5 or 4v4 fight. How is that even a bad thing for her. She is super good in a splitpushing comp with her disengage and sustain for teamfights.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide