Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Rune Page Setup

Creator: Uproar February 17, 2014 6:52am
10 posts - page 1 of 1
Uproar
<Altruistic Artist>
Uproar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2014 6:52am | Report
So i've been playing for 2 years and ever since i hit level 30, i've used the same 4 pages now i'm looking for some help on set of core build in runes for an overall use.

This is what i have now, can anyone give me a new set-up (if needed) and provide some more page layouts as i'm wanting to buy more pages.

AD General.
AD Marks
Armor Seals
Scaling MR Glyphs
AD Quints

AP General
AP Marks
Armor Seals
Scaling MR Glyphs
AP Quints

Life Steal Page
AD Marks
Armor Seals
Scaling MR Glyphs
Life Steal Quints

Talon Page
AD & Armor Pen Marks
Armor Seals
Scaling Mr Glyphs
AD Quints

Now i'm looking to alter these where needed & will be removing my talon page to make it a general setup for jungle, as i jungle alot but i could do with a better layout.

I'm also wanting to add;

Jungle Offence/Defence pages
General AD Tank
General AP Tank
General Support
Attack Speed Page
Crit Page.

If anyone could give me a nice template of each page for a general overall page layout for each, that'd be really helpful :)
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2014 7:21am | Report
AP marks are bad in just about all cases. Get magic penetration instead, they give you more damage. Marks aren't even the primary runes for AP, the glyphs are better.

Probably should use flat MR or AP (or AP/lvl) glyphs for mid lane instead of MR/lvl. You'll want the stats for laning phase against other AP mids.

Your General AD and Talon pages are almost identical. You could run the talon page on pretty much any AD bruiser or assassin, so that frees up a page for you to rework.

Jungle pages are completely dependent on champion selection. Attack speed marks, armor seals, MR/lvl glyphs and AD quints work well on a lot of the current popular jungle picks.

Most supports use a particular kind of offensive mark (magic pen, hybrid pen or AD generally), armor seals, MR glyphs and health quints. Personally I run a mix of MR and MR/lvl glyphs on a lot of my non-mid pages.

Attack speed page is a bad idea, you'll never want to use it.

I don't know if you meant crit damage or crit chance, but neither rune set is a very good option either. The most you'd want is 5% crit chance from runes but people pretty much only run that on Yasuo due to his passive and standard Statikk Shiv + Infinity Edge build.

If you want more page ideas, post your champion pool. It makes a big difference for runes.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
Uproar
<Altruistic Artist>
Uproar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2014 7:41am | Report
Thank you for the reply :)

My main champion pool is;

Anivia - mid
Diana - twisted treeline / jungle
Xin zhao - jungle
Wukong - jungle
Nautilus - jungle
Talon - twisted treeline / mid / jungle
Thresh - support
Leona - support
Master yi - twisted treeline / mid / jungle
Kha'zix - jungle / twisted treeline

The reason i was hoping i could pull up a general rune page setup is because i go through every champion so it's convenience more than anything.

Just to clarify my talon page; i could run with the likes of alkali, zed, Darius, vi etc?
As for the crit page i was aiming it at the likes of yasou & gangplank.

Played with someone who made a 43% crit page apparently now I've never looked in to what you can get but according to him he totalled a 300% crit damage after an IE was added.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2014 8:46am | Report
Uproar wrote:

Anivia - mid
Diana - twisted treeline / jungle
Xin zhao - jungle
Wukong - jungle
Nautilus - jungle
Talon - twisted treeline / mid / jungle
Thresh - support
Leona - support
Master yi - twisted treeline / mid / jungle
Kha'zix - jungle / twisted treeline

I'd recommend the following (assume armor marks and MR or MR/lvl glyphs for everything):
Anivia - Mpen marks, AP quints
Diana - AS marks, AP quints
Xin - AS marks, AD quints
Wukong - Arpen marks, AD quints
Nautilus - AS marks, MS quints
Talon - Arpen marks, AD quints
Thresh - AD marks, HP quints
Leona - AD marks, HP quints
Master Yi - AS marks, AD quints
Kha'Zix - Armor pen marks, AD quints

Hope that's helpful. It's not too many different pages. If you want to conserve space, use your AP page for Diana and your AS marks / AD quints page for Nautilus. You should be able to cover your pool with only 4 rune pages. Make sure you have one for ADC though (AD marks, lifesteal quints or 2x LS and 1x AD quints). You didn't list any ADCs but it helps to have lifesteal quints in case you have to play ADC.

You can also use AD marks and HP quints for some tank top laners like Shen! :D

Uproar wrote:

Just to clarify my talon page; i could run with the likes of alkali, zed, Darius, vi etc?
As for the crit page i was aiming it at the likes of yasou & gangplank.

I wouldn't run armor pen and AD on Akali, just use your AP page. Armor pen marks and AD quints work fine on the other champions you listed though. Crit damage really isn't worth it considering the sacrifice you make by not having any really useful stats in laning phase. AD and armor pen will give you good damage throughout the game without being reliant on finishing crit chance items.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Uproar
<Altruistic Artist>
Uproar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2014 9:05am | Report
:D you've been mighty helpful thank you ^.^ hopefully can put together a nice set of pages
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2014 10:40am | Report
Imo, akali needs her own runepage. Her AP scalings are pretty terrible, so (hybrid) penetration is really the way to go;

The crit page and AS page should be the lowest on your priority list in terms of runes. Those runes are for very niche champions and circumstances, that I wouldn't worry about it until you have more important rune pages down
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Double_E
<Stalker>
Double_E's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2014 1:35pm | Report
utopus wrote:

The crit page and AS page should be the lowest on your priority list in terms of runes. Those runes are for very niche champions and circumstances

I disagree. An AS reds/MS quints page, while not completely optimal, is almost always the 2nd best choice for most jungle champions and is well worth investing in, particularly if you only have 4 pages to play with. Even then, the champions it's not good on can run a flat AD page.

But yeah, crit pages aren't worth unless you main Yasuo and Gangplank.

I'd run these 4, all with Armour yellows and MR/Level blues:

Flat AD: AD quints, AD reds (or APen reds, your choice)
Flat AP: AP quints, MPen reds
AS: MS quints, AS reds
Support: MS quints, Armour reds (except for Thresh, run your AD page with Thresh)

But yeah, ideally you need a few more pages.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2014 10:32am | Report
Not many of the current meta junglers run movement speed quints. In season two the AS/MS page was a staple for junglers but that also went with a jungle pool composed of primarily utility tanks like Nunu, Maokai, Nautilus, Amumu, Zac, Volibear, Sejuani and the like. Right now most people are playing bruiser or fighter junglers like Elise, Vi, Nocturne, Jarvan, Lee Sin, Kha'Zix, Wukong, Pantheon and Evelynn, all of whom have better pages than AS/MS

EDIT: Also worth noting that clearing the jungle was a complete joke in season 2 and it was still pretty easy in s3, so lots of other junglers could run movement speed quints even if they were AD champions. People even started Boots and 3 potions on junglers in s2 just because the camps were so easy to clear. With the s4 jungle, you benefit a lot more from running AD, armor pen, and attack speed because the jungle camps are more punishing and more rewarding, plus there are more of them to clear.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2014 2:10pm | Report
I guess that's my Talon rune page you're using. You can replace it with any other rune page, not even I use that rune page anymore lol. You can run full AD marks and you wouldn't notice any difference at all. If you want more rune pages, just replace that rune page and use the general AD one, which is basically what I usually use on Talon nowadays anyway.
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2014 11:56pm | Report
I use the following, for Reds - Yellows - Blues - Quints

AD jungler with sustain: APen - Armor - MR/lvl - AD
AD jungler w/o sustain: APen - Armor - MR/lvl - LS

Support (tanky): Hybrid Pen - Armor - MR/lvl - HP
Support (AP): MPen - Armor - MR/lvl - AP

Mid (AP): MPen - Armor - MR/lvl - AP
Bot/Mid (AD): APen - Armor - MR/lvl - AD

Top: Hybrid or AD setup

Hybrid marks on Leona are awesome.
Apparently they're also good on AP mids. Just learned that yesterday watching the LCS.

One of my AD pages has flat MR, cause I once tested it, don't think I ever changed it back.

Mebbe I should change my AP page to flat MR, can see how it can help early game.

I have AD and AP pages with both MS and G/10 quints, but they aren't used. Haven't used them in a long while now.

There's 4 pages I use atm. Good all round pages, fit for most champs. Could do some digging and create a few optimal ones, but I ain't playing high elo, so it won't matter that much.
Tbh, it has happened quite a few times where I forgot to switch masteries and runes and played either my Leona with AD masteries/runes, or my Xin Zhao/ Vi with AP masteries/runes.
And it didn't matter all that much. At my elo playstyle matters a whole lot more.
(although the self heal on Xin was pretty epic)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide