Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Similar champ to Singed?

Creator: NicknameMy April 20, 2013 1:26pm
1 2 3
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2013 5:33am | Report
Joshified wrote:
I would personally try to play someone with the complete opposite gamestyle, see what it is like on the other side of the fence so you can further improve your respect for the mighty overlord Singed..

qft.

I like playing very different champions. Miss Fortune games are just to get more IPs and up my win ratio. Gragas games are hella fun. Olaf games are an atempt to learn an UP character. Twitch games are for ADC'ing when team has tons of CC. Udyr/ Dr. Mundo games are for learning jungle. So on and so forth.

As for a banned Singed, I think he's unique enough in a way that no champion can be played similarly. That being said, Olaf, Volibear and Udyr are probably the closest.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2013 8:54am | Report
Hey, just little thoughts about AP Udyr. He is very similar to Singed in terms of damage (AoE+Proc), tankyness (turtle spam), mobility (bear+passive), pushing and coming back into the game. Of course, his basic tankyness is lower, but his Iron Mantle makes up for that. And in the lane, he can be even stronger than Singed. His cc is worse, but a stun to everyone slapping is usefull aswell. I got this idea for the build:
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2013 9:06am | Report
That build is seriously lacking in tank power. If you wanted to go to a more damage oriented build, I think Lich Bane instead of one of the last 2 would be more worthwhile.

The main thing here is that Singed doesn't need to go into a different mode like Udyr. When he goes turtle he does **** damage. So I guess he needs a more defensive-oriented build in order to play similarly.

Even so, I have no idea right now how to make it work, honestly.
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2013 9:07am | Report
I wouldn't buy rod of ages on udyr, it seems pointless. He has huge mana problems in early game, but later on he's fine. Don't build him that much focused on ap, you should try more hybrid so it's harder to counter you. For example, Nashor's Tooth and Sheen upgrade (trinity force or frozen fist). He doesn't need many damage items to be strong, just outlevel your opponents and you will be fine. Also botrk makes him much more fearsome duelist

Resistances are excellent on him, his shield prevents 220 damage on lv 5 with 5 seconds duration, so it's basicly free health that scales with all resistances.
Boots should be swiftness or ninja tabi (depending on enemy team), or maybe mercury against fiddle or long tenacity affected cc like that.

For runes, try hybrid penetration or attack speed marks (and quints, but less important).
In conclusion: build him less ap oriented and more tanky.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2013 9:36am | Report
Vaan99 wrote:

I wouldn't buy rod of ages on udyr, it seems pointless. He has huge mana problems in early game, but later on he's fine. Don't build him that much focused on ap, you should try more hybrid so it's harder to counter you. For example, Nashor's Tooth and Sheen upgrade (trinity force or frozen fist). He doesn't need many damage items to be strong, just outlevel your opponents and you will be fine. Also botrk makes him much more fearsome duelist

Resistances are excellent on him, his shield prevents 220 damage on lv 5 with 5 seconds duration, so it's basicly free health that scales with all resistances.
Boots should be swiftness or ninja tabi (depending on enemy team), or maybe mercury against fiddle or long tenacity affected cc like that.

For runes, try hybrid penetration or attack speed marks (and quints, but less important).
In conclusion: build him less ap oriented and more tanky.

But that build is neither AP nor anything near Singed. What you just showed is more like Wilding Claw Udyr...

Udyr still does high damage in turtle as the phoenix waves are still doing damage. It has also 420 strength with 400 AP.

And a catalyst is a must in the lane.
He is gonna kill you!!!
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2013 9:41am | Report
Sorcerer's Shoes
Nashor's Tooth
Abyssal Mask
Sunfire Aegis
Lich Bane
Liandry's Torment

HP, AS, 265 AP, 30 MPen, MRes, Armor, spellbalde, Sunfire damage ticks. If this isn't tanky enough, take out Lich Bane for a more defensive item.

Meh. Could work.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2013 9:48am | Report
As you see, without RoA and Zhonya's you really lack AP, as this puts you up to 400. And AP = Shield Strength = Tankyness.

And that 150 AP more makes up for the Sunfire Aegis passive, it adds up 35 damage more onto phoenix waves without the passive proc.

The only thing that brings the difference here is the Lich Bane proc, but that one also lowers your tankyness by a big amount.

Hmm, maybe this: Get Athene's Unholy Grail for CDR, AP and MR instead of Nashor's Tooth and Abyssal Mask, then get Rylai's Crystal Scepter instead of Rod of Ages and get Lich Bane on top of it. So it would look like this:

Sorcerer's Shoes
Athene's Unholy Grail
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Liandry's Torment
Lich Bane
Zhonya's Hourglass

This way we still have all the stats but now also have a slow and the sheen proc. AS isn't really that needed as your damage and especially your survivability more relies onto CDR.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide