Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Starting items for every hero?

Creator: Ninja_techies December 23, 2010 6:40pm
1 2
Ninja_techies
<Member>
Ninja_techies's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2010 6:40pm | Report
Do you get the same starting items for every hero?

i usually get philosophers stone and either Ninja or Mercury boots first depending on hero...do u think this is a good idea or a bad idea and what items are a must have for you?

Reasoning the stone pays for itself over time and the boots either help me when i dont have teleport or help survivability.
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2010 7:15pm | Report
Depends on the character really.

But if I had to pick one item that I would get on annnny character.

Probably Boots of Speed + HP Pots.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2010 7:19pm | Report
Diesel wrote:

Depends on the character really.

But if I had to pick one item that I would get on annnny character.

Probably Boots of Speed + HP Pots.

What he said.

Really character dependent. If I'm playing mundo I'd want a Doran's shield but if I were to play a similar offtank that's annoying (Singed) I'd start off with a blue crystal cause it works with his passive but a great general item is going to be boots of speed (basic boots) with health or mana pots (just get as many as whatever you feel fit. Your character use a lot of mana? Get mana potions. Your character use a lot of mana but is easily harassed? get 2 mana potions and a health potion.)

Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2010 9:00am | Report
Yeah, it really depends on the character. A lot of mages are fine with a Meki Pendant, Sapphire Crystal, or a Doran's Ring starting out. Most ranged carries will get a Doran's Sword. Melee characters get Doran's Shield, Boots of Speed, or for the mana-less champions, sometimes a Rejuvenation Pendant.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2010 10:22am | Report
on a lot of the characters i play i start with a meki pendant and 2 health pots. lol i play casters or people with spam spells/mana problems.

unless i'm jungling of course. then i obviously get cloth armor and 5 pots.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
JACN
<Member>
JACN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2010 3:43am | Report
Can't go wrong with a Ruby Crystal...

Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2010 3:56am | Report
I think I'll always start with the Doran's items, (unless I'm jungling) they are simply the best items early game, be patient you don't need to have the first part of your -insert item name here-. I also think starting with boots is a real bad choice, get your first item then get tier 1 boots then build whatever, but that's just me.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
JACN
<Member>
JACN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2010 1:14am | Report
Adonikam wrote:

I think I'll always start with the Doran's items, (unless I'm jungling) they are simply the best items early game, be patient you don't need to have the first part of your -insert item name here-. I also think starting with boots is a real bad choice, get your first item then get tier 1 boots then build whatever, but that's just me.

I have this voice in the back of my head that screams at me when I buy any item that can't be upgraded. Maybe it's a noobish thing I haven't gotten over yet, or maybe it's me knowing they really aren't that great in the long run.

Doran's items to me is good for people who NEED to initial boost early game, who can't function proper without it. If you can start with an item that moves on to a better item later, it is in the long run a better choice. If you can't get a FB with an upgradeable item I can see why Doran's items are usefull.

On the other end, if you are good without them, techincally you can be even better with them.

I personally believe Doran's items are only usefull on champions that farm extremely well.

TLDR; Doran's items are good on farmers, not so much on the others.

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2010 1:48am | Report
hah i kinda feel the same way jacn. except i never get dorans. ever.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2010 1:55am | Report
caucheka wrote:

hah i kinda feel the same way jacn. except i never get dorans. ever.

Same here.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide