Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Starting items for every hero?

Creator: Ninja_techies December 23, 2010 6:40pm
1 2
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2010 9:23am | Report
Generally, my feelings towards Doran's items is that I should be good enough on my own that I shouldn't need to rely on an extra early-game advantage from those items - if I can't dominate with Anivia getting a Sapphire Crystal+2 health pots, the solution is to play a better Anivia, not to switch to Doran's Ring. I don't like compromising my item builds to compensate for my poor playstyle.

However, in some games, this is unrealistic as the flat bonuses from runes, masteries, and the Doran's items become too much for any advantage in skill to hold. So really, it's a matter of preference - if you think it's worth it to lose the gold later but to make up for it early-game, then go ahead. For a lot of physical carries, stacking Doran's Blades is a very viable tactic. Recently I was in a game with a Pantheon on my team who rushed Sword of the Occult, Boots of Swiftness, then got four Doran's Blades. He got two quadra kills over the course of the game and peaked at 16 stacks before he was being focused down.
Iratesniper
<Member>
Iratesniper's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2010 11:11am | Report
my starting item are just a type of boot, i have never gotten potions, i feel no need, just be more careful :)
Speicial Thanks To Scrax and TRUeLM For Creating My Signatures

Check Out My Builds

In Progress
ZeroRacer
<Member>
ZeroRacer's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2010 6:09am | Report
Not even potions? Pretty ballsy, how do you avoid premature recalling after getting harassed?
TheGluttony
<Member>
TheGluttony's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2010 10:06am | Report
Getting potions is a must imho for a lot of characters.
I guess some chars could go without but those would be limited to healers with enough Mr/5 or the few chars with selfheals or other forms of health regen. ( Plank, Yi, Mundo, Garen )

For me it really depends on the char and ofcourse the role of the char in the team.
Most of the time that would be a Doran's, except the chars i feel they can do without or the chars that need to rush a specific item. ( Poppy rushing Sheen or something like that )

So no, i don't think having one starting item and sticking to that is viable if you play more then 3/4 heroes.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide