Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Strong Mid lineup

Creator: Alec_V March 13, 2013 3:44pm
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 9:50pm | Report
Yeah ryze does okay against brand, so long as ryze runs some MS quints. They help quite a bit to dodge those pesky skillshots!

While lux has some trouble against some gap closers ( Fizz and Talon) come to mind), she scales well into the mid-late game, can defend towers forever, and can rice pretty well. Lux actually does okay against a kassadin. Due to her fairly long attack range, she can totally lock kassadin out of much pre-6 farm, just with autoattacks.

My roomate paradoxoftime mains lux in ranked, and he thoroughly thinks that lux has no hardcounters. If you guys want me to ask him anything, just post your question and i'll get it to him.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2013 1:37am | Report
You can get Zed for midlane.
pokopiko
<Member>
pokopiko's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2013 8:40am | Report
learn to play an AD champ mid! :D Pantheon Jax Kha'Zix Talon Lee Sin are shredders mid laners and they can beat most of AP mid laners at early lvls where AP casters are very vulnerable!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2013 9:22am | Report

Brand stays about even with ryze tradewise, but the thing is brand pushes lanes wayyy easier and can roam hard. (You guys realize brand can get max damage combos since he just combos him back when he snares).

Ryze can just clear wave with E and keep lobbing Q's at him, Ryze doesn't have to combo him to win lane. Ryze can also dodge Brand's skillshots whereas you can't dodge E or Q from Ryze. I think it's pretty even tbh.

boythinks
<Member>
boythinks's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2013 4:01pm | Report
now i am certain that its the brands i play....

when brand pushes he does W -> E -- and pretty much insta clears waves .. and as soon as he does this he has almost no damage output because of his relatively long CDs

i (ryze) just walk in and Q->W ->E his face to drop him to half health and make him back repeatedly ... and i can clear just as well with my ult as it comes back really quickly when you spam your speells to charge your tear

as ryze i find lux to be the hardest matchup.. freaking range!
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2013 4:13pm | Report
Everything that slightly outranges ryze beats him:
Cassi, anivia, syndra and lux are properly the strongest matchups out there against him

leblanc poops on lux, but that's pretty much the only champ who can obliterate her.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2013 5:28pm | Report
Twisted Fatewould be strong against all of your mid picks.
He can push the lane better than anyone and gank a lot better to.

I believe, at least back in season 2, Morgana was a good counter to Ryze.
Since she can just shove his lane under the tower and freely gank other lanes, in the early levels that is.

Ryze is just so strong in the late game that by that stage no one can counter him. The best characters to play against him are ones who can harrass and push early and create pressure in other places of the map before he can get his levels.

Ryze with teleport is even more difficult to handle and is pretty good at stopping Twisted Fate in his tracks by following him to his lane ganks and turning it in your favour.

I have seen Syndra become massively popular in competiive play, can anyone explain to me why she is good now but was useless in season 2?

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2013 5:56pm | Report
Syndra was never actually useless it was more or less people "figured out" how to use her.
boythinks
<Member>
boythinks's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2013 6:00pm | Report
Joshified wrote:

Twisted Fatewould be strong against all of your mid picks.
He can push the lane better than anyone and gank a lot better to.

I believe, at least back in season 2, Morgana was a good counter to Ryze.
Since she can just shove his lane under the tower and freely gank other lanes, in the early levels that is.

Ryze is just so strong in the late game that by that stage no one can counter him. The best characters to play against him are ones who can harrass and push early and create pressure in other places of the map before he can get his levels.

Ryze with teleport is even more difficult to handle and is pretty good at stopping Twisted Fate in his tracks by following him to his lane ganks and turning it in your favour.

I have seen Syndra become massively popular in competiive play, can anyone explain to me why she is good now but was useless in season 2?

syndra has insane damage and range..... and is really really hard to play, i assume only the higher tier skilled people are the ones that can actually play her well.. and if you can pay her well you can completely crush
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2013 6:46pm | Report
People didn't see Syndra, they could not coordinate and understand what she does. Now people actually follow up my stuns and engages. Furthermore, she's an extremely strong laner who can poop on some favorites ( Ryze, Twisted Fate) and do well versus others ( Lux, Orianna).

From what I recall, people were "eh" about her because she wasn't either more utility focused (Ori) or damage focused (veigar). But really, she performs very well.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide