Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

The uses of cho gaths e?

Creator: Crows foot August 31, 2011 12:10am
1 2
Whitehouse34
<Member>
Whitehouse34's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2011 6:14pm | Report
The main reason you wouldn't want to max e first would be due to it pushing your lane really fast.. something u don't necessarily want to do early game.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the awesome Olaf sig.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2011 8:06pm | Report
@Whitehouse34:

Actually, with Cho'Gath, you'd want to be able to kill the minions fast to abuse your passive, Carnivore.

If you can outpush your solo lane opponent, they lose last-hits to the turret and you can recall more frequently without losing out on much exp.

Thinking pushing is universally a bad thing is a sad misconception.
Adapting to your lane and controlling how your opponent can behave is far better then maintaining a fragile status-quo where either side could initiate.

Basically, Outplaying your enemy > Playing safe.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2011 8:46pm | Report
I've maxed out spikes against extremely passive opponents that let me steal their wraiths sometimes.

I generally max scream first though.
Tri lane for life.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2011 5:09am | Report
I will try out different ways. I am fond of my spikes. Those and spellvamp.. Mmmm ;)
I think I will try AS cho with wits, malady, nashors and WotA/HTGB
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2011 8:42am | Report
You should pretty much always max scream first because it's your most reliable and powerful source of harass. One rank in E early on serves to help last hit and to add some great damage on. General skill order is QWEWWWWWWWWWWWWW or something

Maxing spikes first is only useful when jungling because your E does the most damage out of any of your spells against jungle creeps, where you can just autoattack. However, it's not really worth it because you still want more levels in scream for the raw damage and silence when ganking.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2011 11:02pm | Report
Thanks for your answer Jebus, and I am a noobish cho (or any other champ so far really) but wouldn't skill order be at least situational? What I am aiming at the experience I have had that I somehow rarely get my lane ganked by my team. I thus don't need the nuke in the same way. But I get ganked so I need the less expensive way to clear a minionwave and regain health.

When it comes to sustainable damage, e outshines w. On any comparable level you need 5 E-hits (not counting AP but that tends to come post-6 for me) to match a w. I don't ever think that the cooldown is short enough for me to NOT being able to hit E 5 times.

I am not calling w useless, far from, I just find it expensive before getting any good reliable amount of mana.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide