Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

They need to announce assists similar to kills?

Creator: cooper56 October 1, 2013 8:12pm
1 2 3
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2013 5:00am | Report
the main problem of supports is not recognition. Is just gold income, since you'll have practically none if your team is rather slowpaced and can't get objectives fast.

if you feel regognition is a problem, then you should teach your fellow players differently.

Sig made by Hogopogo
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2013 5:03am | Report
Joxuu wrote:

Enemy team had Aatrox, Tryndamere, Zed
Your ADC goes Vayne and we got no tanks.
*True story in ranked*

But orinarily, never Exhaust

In silver V, take Ignite on support and watch the world burn in teamchat.

I'd have no problem with taking ignite when having a Vayne. If the enemy team has Vayne that's a different story. Though, yeah, that's why I said ordinarily.
Omnislash GG
<Member>
Omnislash GG's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2013 4:53am | Report
Nope. Nope nope nope.

Do you have any idea how annoying that would be? To list the person who got the kill, and then the 4 others that helped? It would be just annoying.

Most supporters KNOW that they are influencing the game big-time, and don't need the game to tell them so.
skRose
<Member>
skRose's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2013 11:10am | Report
A think a little bonus for an assisting spree would be pretty cool. I mean people have those nice bounties for racking up kill spree's, why not a little something for the accomplice~?

As nice as the thought is, I personally find it more than enough if someone gives me a little recognition for a good save/play I made rather than hear the announcer say 'triple assist'.
Then again, need to focus more on the game rather than tying to each other so 'gj' and 'wp' are the only things that can suffice if you wanna keep the morale and momentum going.
Aye Ohhhhh ~ Listen what I sayyyy ohhhh~

but I'm not a rapper.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2013 12:27pm | Report
skRose wrote:

A think a little bonus for an assisting spree would be pretty cool. I mean people have those nice bounties for racking up kill spree's, why not a little something for the accomplice~?

You don't get gold for going on a spree, you get more gold from killing people on those sprees. It's much worse to die when you're legendary than when you're 1/3/9.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2013 3:41pm | Report
The problem I see with support, is that when your team is behind, you are the one that suffers most.
For example, if the enemy jungle picks up a couple of early free kills, he may go back and buy an oracles to destroy all of the wards you had just spent a majority of your money on the secure vision on your team.
Worse still, the enemy support now has extra gold over you with their extra assists and can now buy twice as many vision wards to completely deny your presence in games.

Support aren't all wards, but no team can win without vision and if one of supports most influential roles is vision control and they can be completely denied of this role because of their other lanes misplays.
Support are in a rough spot right now.. They suffer the most if the team is behind, which can be very demoralizing.

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2013 5:20pm | Report
If the enemy jungler gots a "couple of early free kills" to actually spend 400g on an oracle you pretty much lost the match anyway.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2013 4:22am | Report
Or he is just a real jungler that neglets some damage items and buys more utility for his team.

If you take a look at Bengi, he is sacrificing alot of his own kill potential just to get more vision for his team :p
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2013 5:13pm | Report
I know...I think they should make it so the longer the Assist streak is the more money you get but its resets if you die

so like 2% extra gold per assist or something
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide