Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Things you're good at & Things you could...

Creator: Jovy March 16, 2015 2:29pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2015 3:49pm | Report
Very good: Shotcalling
Good: Teamfighting
Average: Mechanics
Bad: Last hitting

my judgement is generally good on when to go in or what to do in the game but my last hitting is utter **** and my mechanics are generally not as good as they should be

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2015 4:17pm | Report
From top to bottom, in order of roles which I feel I'm best at:

Role Strengths Meh Weaknesses
+ Farming
+ Trading & recognising windows of opportunity
+ Teamfight decision making (when to dive in, which target to focus etc.)
~ Map awareness - Roaming & Teleport ganking
ADC
+ Farming
+ Teamfight positioning
~ Maximising damage output in teamfights (proper orbwalking)
~ Trading in lane
- Map awareness
Support
+ Hitting skillshots
+ Recognising & abusing windows of opportunity in lane
+ Peeling for the ADC in teamfights
~ Mid & late game vision control - Keeping track of enemy summoner spell timers
Mid
+ Farming
+ Hitting skillshots
~ Champion diversity
~ Playstyle (bit too passive)
- Roaming
- Map awareness
Jungle
+ Keeping track of objective timers
+ Gank execution
~ Champion diversity - Actually using my timers
- Predicting what enemy jungler will do next

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2015 5:13pm | Report
Oh my god that is so beautifully organized; When I get out of chess club, I might copy your template and use that to diagnose my strengths/weaknesses for each role.

God that BBCoding. So pretty <33333
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2015 5:17pm | Report
Wayne the king of tables and walls of texts.
Stylistical
<Member>
Stylistical's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2015 6:55pm | Report
The things I'm good at tend to be very far and few between, but the things I'm good at, I'm VERY good at. I'm VERY dominant in lane. Very. When it comes to picking fights in lane, I just seem to always know when I can and can't fight. If I do pick a real duel in lane, I almost always win it. I get far ahead of my enemy laner very quickly and snowball from out of control in laning. I usually find myself taking turret at around 11-15 minutes in, even if I'm not trying to take it. I'll push to it and then back or proxy the minions while my minions do damage to the turret. But after laning is when all my short comings start. My mid game is actually pretty decent, esp when I'm playing an assassin (Oooo assassins). I find the right times to pick enemies, the right times to fight, but the wrong times to split push and the wrong times to get caught out. My late game is really bad. I'm bad in teamfights, and I always want to split, even when it's not the right time. I usually prefer minions/turrets/objectives over kills in the late game, compared to the earlier game where my main objective is killing my laner and surpassing them very quickly. I also have relatively bad map awareness, which I've been working on heavily. My reaction times are pretty bad too. When I see a ganker incoming (Warding is a strong suite of mine), I don't react fast enough and quickly find myself in trouble, even if I don't die, I take a lot more damage than I should have. I main Riven, Talon, Aatrox, and Rengar. In all honesty, my Aatrox game is so strong I barely lose lane, hell even games, with him anymore, but he's just not a strong enough champion to carry games. My Talon games is getting much much better, and I don't think I've lost lane with him in the past month, but I can't carry well with him yet, I'm working on it though. My Riven game is decent all around, but not good enough to carry yet. I used to carry every game with Rengar in s4, but this season I just can't seem to do good anymore. I'm trying to expand my champ pool, learning at least 3 champs for each role. The main reason I started playing Riven, Rengar, Talon and Aatrox is because they can any of my 3 favorite roles to some success (In order: Jungle, Mid, Top) (APtrox works, I promise (I suck, don't listen to me).) Recently I've been trying to get better at ADC as it is my worst role (By far), but my success has been pretty bad so far. I can play Vayne decently, but any other ADC is just a lost cause at this point. I can't Lucian, Graves, Jinx, Cait, Sivir, Ashe, and my worst champion in general Kog'Maw. I've played maybe 5 games with him in total and have gotten about 27 deaths in total, and less than 10 kills. Lost every game I play with him. I can play many champions to some success, but not well enough to really say I'm good with them, these include, but are not limited to, Shyvanna, Vi, Tryndamere, Xin Zhao, Zed, Hecarim, Nidalee, J4, Annie, Wukong, Fiora, Jax, and Vayne. I have a lot of things to improve on. A LOT. My weak points heavily outweigh my strong points, and my biggest strong point is very strong, but it doesn't carry through the rest of the game. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2015 7:31pm | Report
Top Lane:
Good- Farming, All Ins, Map Awareness for teleports, Understanding Trades and CDs
Bad- Map Awareness for ganks, Actually trading, I push lane like a mad man

Yeah.
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
Phil Collins
<Member>
Phil Collins's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2015 8:02pm | Report
Lmfao this thread
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2015 9:04pm | Report
Lmfao this thread

dang it's been forever since you made an appearance
Sig by Emikadon
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2015 10:38pm | Report
He was a candidate for the MOBAfire graveyard thread too!
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2015 11:27pm | Report
utopus wrote:
He was a candidate for the MOBAfire graveyard thread too!

He was going to be in the 3rd batch of judgments,

anyway lets not de-rail this thread any further and talk about Phil Collins over in the graveyard thread

I am really good at support, but I really suck at everything else,

Support, I have good map awareness, decent to excellent warding early game, but later in game around 30-40 minute mark my wards are not always in the best places. My harass is very good since I almost always do it at a good time for my ADC to react to it and not miss any of his CS. I have a decent support pool to pick from but I really should pick up Leona and Zyra, also I should practice my Thresh skills.

I have said this a lot in the QQ Thread but I will always leave a team-builder group if their ADC is a Vayne, or not bring a Vayne ADC into the group when I'm the captain. Just Because for what ever reason I can never set up a play for Vayne main's as a support. They just tend to play way more aggressive then my unique play style, so I really should practice playing with Vayne's more often, but they are without a doubt my least favorite group of players to support.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide