Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Topic of the Week - 1 Month Assessment of Karma

Creator: Mowen April 23, 2013 4:36pm
Kinen
<Member>
Kinen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2013 8:01am | Report
New Karma is just that. New. She feels absolutely nothing like the old Karma. Only real similarity between Q is that it damages (like the vast majority of abilities). W is a tether, but nothing like Spirit Bond, way too short and really, really boring compared to her old one. Inspire just feels weak compared to Soul Shield. It's nice that it carries over the MS boost from Spirit Bond, but its lack of power, plus the underwhelming damage from its mantra, makes it feel a world apart.

They removed Karma, and her replacement feels weaker than the old one. I've not played her a great deal, but she just feels weak. I'm certainly not playing her to her full potential, but she seems less of an asset in team fights and a great deal squishier.
Sig by Kinen|Nayaad
that's my IGN
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2013 8:03am | Report
They also are changing W to only tick three times, but proc her passive for each tick rather than only once per cast. This, combined with the base CD reduction on her ultimate, should make Mantra management a lot easier. Hitting CDR cap is still going to be basically required, though.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2013 10:08am | Report
IceCreamy wrote:

Imo she should get some decent scalings, while minimally nerfing her base damages so she can be a legit mid.

if you buff ratio's while nerfing base damages it makes her even less viable as a support.

As it stands already, when compared to AP champions with a similar role (as AP mid) she has similar base numbers or slightly lower: comparing her to Ahri, Lux, Orianna, Kayle, etc.

There's really no reason to nerf her bases, if you just increase her ratio's, it won't have a profound effect on support Karma but it will allow her to be competitive mid
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2013 10:40am | Report
^ exactly my point, at the moment her kit screams AP mid but her ratios scream support.

High bases + high ratio = OP

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2013 10:48am | Report
if they upped her ratios to say .75, I think it'd be reasonable.
SilveSoulSamurai
<Member>
SilveSoulSamurai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2013 4:53pm | Report
So, am I the only one likes the new Karma then?

'Cause I personally think that new Karma is quite good and most people just don't know how to play her properly. I have played new Karma quite a bit since she has come out and I have found that she works quite well.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2013 6:09pm | Report
i spammed new karma for about a week when she came out, and played her more games after that, trust me shes not "quite good" and how can you not know how to play her properly? they dumbed her down sooooooooooo much, Q is now a basic skill shot, W is now a basic tether, and E is now a basic MS boost+shield

her only real combo is E > W > R > Q and after that youre useless until your mantra is up because of how pathetic her Q is, that is if you dont die while your in range of everything anyone can use when you use W

she had waaaaay more burst potential before she got reworked but now she only has one real combo that provides a very high risk but low reward burst

SilveSoulSamurai can you care to explain how you think shes quite good other than saying "no one knows how to play her right"
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Seekwul
<Member>
Seekwul's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2013 7:19pm | Report
She can't carry at all.
Absolute.0
<Member>
Absolute.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2013 12:53am | Report
What i like with new Karma:

1. Better nuke, easier killing than before for me.
2. love the speed boost and spreading shield.
3. Hurt. even when supporting.

What i don't like with new Karma:

1. Too long Mantra CD, before we can cast 2 mantra charged skill in 1 clash, now...
2. No more ally healing. Self heal requires you to get close, when you're in critical HP level you risk getting killed by attempting to heal yourself.
3. mantra charged Q takes too long to explode, if you don't Focused Resolve them they can just walk out.
4. only the mantra theme is unique about her. otherwise, there's nothing she can do that other support can't fill.

All and all:

She's more fun now, but lost something (ehem heal ehem) in transition, and I feel like she's more fit in mid lane than her previous support bot role now.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2013 2:56am | Report
karma had a much better and longer ranged nuke with her mantra shield pre-rework, since it dealt more damage if i remember correctly, messed with peoples csing, had a larger AoE range, and also couldnt be blocked by a minion

her speed boost is better i agree because the numbers on her old speed boost were small, but this speed boost is only AoE if you use your ult and youre probably better off with a locket as an AoE shield

i completely agree with everything else you said other than the "She's more fun now" bit but thats an opinion type thing
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide