Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Topic of the Week - 1 Month Assessment of Karma

Creator: Mowen April 23, 2013 4:36pm
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2013 1:06am | Report
What if they just cut her mantra cooldown down to like 30 seconds?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2013 1:15am | Report
Mooninites wrote:

I have to say I was pretty disappointed with the rework. Most problems weren't fixed and some new problems arose.

As was I.

I would like if she still had her old passive, and her current passive merged with her ult.
Mantra'd W is useful, and it embodies the "bait possibilities" from old Karma, although it's not instant like Heavenly Wave was.
The AoE shield is nice, and the speed boost tied to it is good as well. I do not like how you have to expend 2 skills to get the teamwide slow/speed boost though, and you can't even do it as well, or as frequently, as old Karma either. She does a lot more damage now, but can be easily outclassed by most other "utility" mid laners, like Moon said. She doesn't have the hard CC like most midlaners, and her only good CC is a short ranged tether.

The speed boost not needing another target helps her midlane roaming, but you sacrifice a shield for it. She's even less of a support, since you can't heal your ADC anymore. The impact of Mantra is still really low, even though that was the purpose of the rework.

Overall, I'd rather play the old Karma, with W being changed to the new kit version.
True love is found only in yourself.
PexiLexi
<Member>
PexiLexi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2013 1:54am | Report
I have loved Karma since i first set eyes on her and i feel that the only thing her rework has done is to stop her being that much of a support but rather a more offensive player. However i still like her and i do my supporting fine even if you can use mantra once only.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2013 2:00am | Report
I've played her for a bit, can't see why I would pick her over any other common ap mid pick.

Imo she should get some decent scalings, while minimally nerfing her base damages so she can be a legit mid.
She just doesn't have the kit to be a good support, old Karma did but the old W was completely useless.

Despite that I still think the old Karma is better than the new one atm...

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2013 2:44am | Report
i think im the only person that actually liked the old W more than the new W, even though i think a good thing to do would be to merge them both into a newer W, like make it so she can use it on minions and teammates and still clothesline people (cuz that was probably the most fun and unique thing about any champion ive ever played although difficult to use) but keep the MS buff on E, and make the tether longer its just too short for me

i agree with lugignaf that her current passive should be a passive on her ult and that she should have a completely different passive, i didnt like her old passive much even though it gave you amazing baiting potential but it was only free stats and i dont think it would work that great with her new kit even though its just free stats but some other passive for her would be amazing

her shield needs to be changed though, i know before it was just a damage soaking shield unless you used mantra on it so it could be really big unlike other shields that gave bonus effects (like jannas or lulus or oris) but the bonus MS from this shield doesnt mean it should be as terrible as it is now, i used to love shielding people as old karma but if i do it now the shield is just...weak especially if you do compare it to other shields in this game (thresh and lux both have better AoE shields without having to use two cooldowns for it)

i honestly have no idea why they made her mantra cooldowns even longer and give her only 1 mantra, they said they wanted to have more choices for mantra but now youre going to be using mantra Q 99% of the time because you have one less mantra to use(assuming youre ap mid as a support i guess youd mantra shield more due to another person actually being near you but most teams have a locket anyways so why waste mantra when you can just locket?) at least before her rework you had two abilities that you would want to use mantra on any given time now you only have one ability you would want to mantra and only one mantra

i understand the reasoning for making her mantra cooldowns longer, "make her empowered abilities feel more rewarding but give her one less mantra to make up for it" but it feels like they arnt rewarding enough, this is going to be a weird comparison but imagine if youre playing khazix BUT the only time you can use an evolved ability is after you get out of your stealth from your ult and only that one time, it will be normal until you cast void assault again, that sounds extremely weak and thats exactly how it feels playing karma with her new mantra it just doesnt feel like an ultimate

tl;dr
-mix the old and new W so its more fun to use
-current passive should be on her ult and she should get a new passive
-make her shield match or be stronger than the shields of others because its supposed to be like an ultimate when she mantras
-either make her empowered abilities stronger or let her have a lower cooldown on mantra or store multiple charges
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
obiboy
<Member>
obiboy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2013 4:37am | Report
even when her rework came out i have never seen her played i didnt she before that either i havent even played where is she played now
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2013 5:11am | Report
I like the new W, but her Q and ult are honestly underwhelming.

Mid~Late game her Q is seriously a joke without mantra. Early game mantra takes WAY too long to charge up.

I'd propose to
buff her q's damage while increasing the cooldown
lower ult's cd
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2013 6:18am | Report
BTW: You know at PBE:

Inner Flame
Damage increased to 80/125/170/215/260 from 60/110/160/210/260
Focused Resolve
Cooldown lowered to 16/15/14/13/12 from 16/15.5/15/14.5/14.
Inspire
Cooldown lowered to 10 seconds from 12.
Movement speed increased to 40/45/50/55/60 % from 20/30/40/50/60 %.
Mantra
Cooldown lowered to 45/42/39/36 seconds from 45 at all ranks.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2013 6:23am | Report
not sure how much that helps, tbh. have you tested that?

Sig made by Tamy
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2013 6:24am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

BTW: You know at PBE:

Inner Flame
Damage increased to 80/125/170/215/260 from 60/110/160/210/260
Focused Resolve
Cooldown lowered to 16/15/14/13/12 from 16/15.5/15/14.5/14.
Inspire
Cooldown lowered to 10 seconds from 12.
Movement speed increased to 40/45/50/55/60 % from 20/30/40/50/60 %.
Mantra
Cooldown lowered to 45/42/39/36 seconds from 45 at all ranks.

Still doesn't change her issues.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide