Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Twisted Fate

Creator: Zeprido January 21, 2011 1:26am
16 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2011 1:26am | Report
I'd like to hear the community's views of Twisted Fate.

Anything need to be changed?
How is he fitting in with the current metagame?
Any opinion on his current passive?
How do the various build styles (AP, Hybrid, AD) fair in team fights?

How would you feel about an increased range on PaC by 50 more than his AA range as opposed to an increase to his AA range?
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2011 2:02am | Report
I used to play TF a lot, but I feel he just doesn't roll with the current batch of champions. His range doesn't provide enough reward for the amount of risk that comes with even joining in a team fight. I just feel other champions go above and beyond what he can accomplish in battle.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2011 3:00am | Report
yeah hes nothing compared to what he used to be. then he just got nerfed a little too hard and forgotten. same as most champions.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2011 7:07am | Report
He got nerfed hard but he's still quite viable. He needs a team built around him (Shen <3) while he backdoors bases and such. Playind him AD allows for you to become a super carry, while playing him AP allows for you to become a utility carry.

Basically if you're good with him (I have over 200 games played with him) he is still an excellent champion and is still THE single biggest game-changing champion. I still get called OP, but in all honesty the best way to change him would be to add the slowing effect to his Destiny once again.

I just finished my new guide for an AD build, and it's quite effective (I briefly go over the differences of the three playstyles in teamfights there). I will be uploading footage from a recent match of bigfatjiji playing AD TF soon if I can get on the homepage.
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2011 12:56pm | Report
I like him but as PFP says he could do with a little buff and needs a team built around him
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
xLiqur
<Member>
xLiqur's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2011 1:45pm | Report
I love playing him in 3s with tele, and pretty much single handly win the game lol
The battleroom is ready. Liqur's hands are steady. The enemy is deadly.
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2011 11:36pm | Report
He needs two things:

Movement Speed Buff
Attack Range Buff

and I'd be happy.
xLiqur
<Member>
xLiqur's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2011 1:14am | Report
Attack range would be nice.

I can make due without the movement speed buff, have runes for that. Also if needed boots of swiftness.
The battleroom is ready. Liqur's hands are steady. The enemy is deadly.
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2011 11:10am | Report
I like his passive it helps your comarades who are getting harrased get a little extra gold for last hitting those minions. His Pick A Card can be used in many siutation, and get you out of many siuations. I often build him AS I find myself being a very effective carry. I get stacked deck rather fast and my chance to crit is decent and does more damage thanks to IE. So I often find myself going positive even if we're losing.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2011 4:37pm | Report
Assassin, Support, Stun, Pusher, Carry, Slow, Ranged, Flee, Teleport

Those are the roles that Riot currently has assigned to Twisted Fate.

I don't necessarily think that he can be categorized by these. If anything would describe him at all, it's that he is very much a "utility" champion. It is as most say it is, a Twisted Fate is as good as his items. I'll take that a little further. Twisted fate is one of the most flexible champions in the game and can be built multiple ways (AP, hybrid, AD, etc) with just about all skill orders being viable.

This brings me to his passive. He used to have a different passive from what I understand, and they changed it to the current one. I feel that his current passive is TOO utility, and too weak for what it does. Typically an average player will net 100-200 minion/creep kills throughout a game. I've seen as much as 300 by the end of the game. So with 300 kills, that's 600 gold. Practically nothing, as this amount wouldn't be seen in total until END game, and that's if you don't spend it. 36 kills nets you 76 gold enough for a sight ward. however you'd have enough for a sight ward after 4-6 minion kills. I honestly believe they should either tweak the passive, or change it completely to fit in better with his current kit.

A lot of people suggest a range increase to his auto attack. If they did this it would have to be a very small increase if anything otherwise it would be quite a buff to AD and hybrid Twisted Fate. This is why I suggest an increased range on his PaC as Riot is extremely hesitant to buff his movement speed. Twisted Fate is one of the squishiest champions in the game, and extremely vulnerable to CC. Not to mention that when you are moving in for a stun, there's a big sign over your head saying HAI GUIS! I'M GONNA STUN ON MY NEXT ATTACK! This stun is limited to his range of 510 which is quite short. An increase to the range of PaC would allow AD/Hybrid to close their distance without being extremely dependent on flash which has been badly nerfed over time and is being talked about being removed. Increasing this range to at least 550 would probably bring him more up to speed with the meta and more recent batch of champions.

Edit: I guess no one wants to talk/debate twisted fate... =(
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide