Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Veteran player getting back into LoL S3, what...

Creator: Searz October 30, 2013 1:01pm
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2013 3:09pm | Report
xIchi wrote:

tbh. this is as responsive as talking to NicknameMy...

I'm fine without your condescending comparisons, thank you very much.
DillButt64 wrote:

well you could just trust the people that have been playing all season and the plat+diamond players that told you it was a terrible item

Trust clouds judgement. I deal only in cold, hard logic.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2013 3:24pm | Report
so youre saying youd rather have a 2 day discussion over something after someone thats an expert at that something told you that what youre doing is wrong rather than just listen to the expert?

ok
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2013 3:50pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Trust clouds judgement. I deal only in cold, hard logic.

Says the guy who didn't take Cleanse or buy a QSS after getting caught out 5 times by Veigar and/or Thresh. Your alternative? Black Cleaver. Cos logic, right? Seriously, I'm not letting that one go.

MS items or one that saves you from stuns and you get none of them...?
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2013 4:24pm | Report
but sirell he obviously didnt trust your logic because trust would cloud your logical judgement
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2013 4:40pm | Report
I'm gonna join in the discussion for no real reason at all and get myself flamed to oblivion
HERE GOES
lots of stuff that might be boring to read but is slightly relevant

My conclusion:
On paper, hurricane may look good but in practice it isn't :3
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2013 11:53pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

so youre saying youd rather have a 2 day discussion over something after someone thats an expert at that something told you that what youre doing is wrong rather than just listen to the expert?

I'm a beautiful and special snowflake.
sirell wrote:

Says the guy who didn't take Cleanse or buy a QSS after getting caught out 5 times by Veigar and/or Thresh. Your alternative? Black Cleaver. Cos logic, right? Seriously, I'm not letting that one go.

You clearly can't be trusted. Dillbutt knows it.

On a more serious note, I've addressed this several times already. Just let it go already. There's no need to be a **** about it considering I've apologized for my performance already.
XeresAce wrote:

Why pick hurricane over shiv when all it has on shiv is (arguably, the aoe on hurricane may get stronger than the aoe on shiv but still) extra attack speed?
The question is, would you be willing to sacrifice movement speed and crit chance to get extra attack speed?
My answer would be no, but I guess the rest depends on preference.

It's not a choice between those two items. It's a choice between an AD build with Hurricane or a crit build with IE. If going AD-Hurricane build then Zephyr would be the go-to item for MS.
Quoted:
AD carries are meant to do single target damage (apart from a few, but even those deal single target damage after their ults are blown), you buy shiv or hurricane for extra waveclear mostly - doing more aoe damage in a teamfight, especially as an AD carry, usually won't help.
On paper, hurricane may look good but in practice it isn't :3

Thanks for the input but this has all been pretty much mentioned already.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
Kaggboer2012
<Member>
Kaggboer2012's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 3:15am | Report
searz, i have to thank you so much! you enlightened me, from now on i will play caitlyn with hurricane. its simply way better than stattikk shiv or phantom dancer. dont listen to everyone in the world, they really dont know what they are talking about. you are right and they are wrong and hurricane is simply the best option there is. i really dont know why you guys think you know better than searz when he is silver and you are diamond. just l2p guys, hurricane best item euw na eune.
hi i am the best

ich komm mit mehrsilbigen nomenreimen die mehrsilbig sind und sich auf nomen reimen

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/aatrox-opness-guide-pls-dont-downvote-1st-guide-349029 CHECK OUT MY AWESOME GUIDE BUT NO DOWNVOTES PLX
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 3:59am | Report
Searz you really have to consider positioning, enemy sustain, and resistances in your math.

Try doing calculations for two or three autoattacks.

Theoretical math is a good start but to reach a plausible conclusion you need to add in EVERY SINGLE FACTOR.

A build can be extremely efficient yet complete **** in actual practice.

It's like economics. What appears to be logical and ideal often ends up with results the complete opposite.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 7:23am | Report
Embracing wrote:

Searz you really have to consider positioning, enemy sustain, and resistances in your math.

Try doing calculations for two or three autoattacks.

Theoretical math is a good start but to reach a plausible conclusion you need to add in EVERY SINGLE FACTOR.

Enemy resistances and sustain are irrelevant because both builds have the same penetration and don't affect enemy sustain in any way (i.e: if one factor is the same for both then it can be ignored).

While positioning is of utmost importance, it CANNOT be translated into damage. That should be blatantly obvious. It can however be mentioned as one of the several points of each build.

The only thing that can really be calculated is the damage(DPS). And while damage is a very important statistic, it's certainly not everything. As such any conclusion on my part has been a combination of all the factors; cost, damage and extra stats(such as Life Steal, Movement Speed and CDR).
I suggest you go read my long post with the math at page 16 again(or for the first time) if that didn't sink in.

searz, i have to thank you so much! you enlightened me, from now on i will play caitlyn with hurricane. its simply way better than stattikk shiv or phantom dancer. dont listen to everyone in the world, they really dont know what they are talking about. you are right and they are wrong and hurricane is simply the best option there is. i really dont know why you guys think you know better than searz when he is silver and you are diamond. just l2p guys, hurricane best item euw na eune.

Hah.
I feel sad for whomever actually thinks this is funny..
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 9:10am | Report
Just went through the thread. Even though almost everything has been said, I just want to insist on the fact of abusing tier 1 champs you're comfortable with.

I was Silver III when I started playing ranked again, and by abusing Zed(pre-change) I got to gold V in a little less than a week, with 4 to 5 ranked games per day.

More importantly, don't give up. 6 days is more than enough, and assuming you were Gold back in season 2 (which is around plat in S3), I'm sure you're talented enough to pull it off.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide