Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Veteran player getting back into LoL S3, what...

Creator: Searz October 30, 2013 1:01pm
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 12:16pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Is the damage from Liandry's Torment applied anew every tick?

Yes it is, and it's also amplified by Torment.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 12:19pm | Report
Oh damn, then it's really good.

(doesn't seem like a great item in general tho)

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 12:40pm | Report
Searz wrote:

I know. I'm just not sure it's significant enough. The bonus penetration is only 40% over MrP/ArP marks after all.

You miss out on 2 magic penetration in exchange for 8 armor penetration. Heck I run them on every AP caster because even if I don't auto-attack champions with them, 2 magic pen is nothing, but the armor penetration helps your last-hitting, because minions have armor.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 1:18pm | Report

You miss out on 2 magic penetration in exchange for 8 armor penetration. Heck I run them on every AP caster because even if I don't auto-attack champions with them, 2 magic pen is nothing, but the armor penetration helps your last-hitting, because minions have armor.

True about the lasthitting, but those numbers do not tell the whole story. Looking at percentages gives an easier view of the picture. The hybrid marks give 40% more than any specific penetration rune.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 5:15am | Report
Oh my god..
I'm starting to notice this meta of assassins now.
Kha'Zix has been dominating game after game in my trial games.
One game I even had 3 enemy assassins.
It's pretty much almost instant loss against a good fed assassin. Teammates at this level can't deal with such things.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 5:35am | Report
It's not that bad >.>

Assassins are just more snowbally.

Honestly speaking unless you're in high diamonds FOTM roles and stuff won't fully impact a game. Just play what you like.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 6:21am | Report
Embracing wrote:

It's not that bad >.>

Assassins are just more snowbally.

Honestly speaking unless you're in high diamonds FOTM roles and stuff won't fully impact a game. Just play what you like.

Nope. ********. It will.

And yes, that is exactly what I said: they are extremely snowball-y.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 12:31pm | Report
learn to assassin, or just ban them like everyone else that doesnt know how to use them, or even better play Vi if shes not banned her ult+any assassin is a kill
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 1:21pm | Report
Searz wrote:

What kind of leash are you talking about?
Last I checked Leashing wasn't possible anymore..

Leashing in this meta is not the same, now the jungler tanks the buff while either top or bot attacks the buff until it gets to a certain health then go back to their lanes. Most of the time the junlger will not use smite on his first buff. I find in this meta a ton of people try to take the enemy's 2nd buff as the jungler so I'd recommend getting your team to ward/trap around the jungle at lvl 1 or for you to start the same side as their jungler. Also don't take wolves and wraiths and doubles after your first buff, go straight to the second and depending who you are either start clearing the small camps or gank.
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 1:22pm | Report
Also I'm pretty sure Zhonya's is OP, Grail is really strong too, also Trinity Force on certain champions can be really really strong. It got really buffed a while ago.
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide