Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Veteran player getting back into LoL S3, what...

Creator: Searz October 30, 2013 1:01pm
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 4:30pm | Report
less than that. 11/11/13 = end of season 3.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 4:34am | Report
Also I think Annie support is getting a lot of attention and IMO it's really strong

Also this is more of my own question but is Darius getting better? I've been able to dominate many top laners recently with him and do really good in teamfights, splitpushing and late game so is Darius starting to become a good pick? I was surprised when I did so good with him cause I've heard many people say he's bad or can't go up against the top tiers.
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 4:40am | Report
tehAsian wrote:

Support:
2x sight ward + 2x Vision Ward + 3x Health Potion start
Rush a Sightstone
Buy a Doran's Shield if you're winning lane
Mobility Boots or Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Shurelya's Battlesong
The rest of your inventory is dedicated to Pinks, Oracles, and Green wards.

nu

3x sw 1x vw 3x hp 2xp mp
2x sw 2x vw 3x hp (2x hp 1h mp)
4x sw 1x vw 2x hp
3x sw 1x vw 4x hp 1x mp

> sightstone > boots > mobs/ruby > ruby/mobs > oracles > kindle/chalice/philo/dorans > wards > 40 min in shurelyas/mikaels/if ahead/wealthy randuins or solari

good supports: thresh (counter: lulu), sona (c: thresh, blitz), lulu (c: sona), zyra (c: blitz)

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 4:44am | Report
I'd say just wait for S4, cause everything you're asking is likely to be entirely different in a few weeks.

Also, I realize you haven't played in forever but you're still on here a lot, and you haven't kept up with us even a little? :p
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 4:45am | Report
He's trying to get gold in season 3, not 4.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 4:49am | Report
Meh. I guess, it's gonna be a cram though. Searz you're coming into the end of the age of Assassins. They will be Riot's main nerf targets, and they've already taken a massive hit, but even so, Assassin mids and bruiser junglers that feed assassin mids is currently "the meta".

OP Mids: Zed, Fizz, Ahri (Not sure if still OP), TF, Gragas
OP Junglers: J4, Vi, Aatrox, Elise, Nocturne
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 5:24am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

the season is about to change so a lot of the information youre getting answered is gonna be useless in about a month or so

Don't care, go gold or go home(imalreadyhometho).
Quoted:

He's trying to get gold in season 3, not 4.

Somebody gets it.
Also, thanks.

Also, I realize you haven't played in forever but you're still on here a lot, and you haven't kept up with us even a little? :p

Nope.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 5:25am | Report
Omg, I just found out that TotalBiscuit got an item in the game:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Total_Biscuit_of_Rejuvenation
I think this was around even when I was playing. I just didn't notice it because I never play support.
tehAsian wrote:

Junglers normally start near bot, because a support + ADC can help you with your buff. You get a Smiteless leash here, then walk straight to the buff on top side. From there, you gank top or mid, or you clear the jungle normally.

EDIT: Ops, forgot to write here.
What kind of leash are you talking about?
Last I checked Leashing wasn't possible anymore..
Quoted:
???

Champions that counter the OP champions out there.

Quoted:
I expect Talon QQ since Zed got nerfed.
Jarvan IV
Zed maaayybe
Fizz still
Kassadin maybe still
Jax
Riven being qq'd about
Elise isn't OP unless she snowballs
Renekton is borderline OP

Renekton just seems like a flat out better version of Garen honestly. Better sustain, better mobility and better AOE.
Quoted:
Depends on champion, but I don't think there are any items that are broken.

Grail seems borderline OP.
So does the Golem and Lizard jungle items. But I guess junglers need some kind of advantage too.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 5:55am | Report
SotAG is okay, i guess. Most junglers usually won't have the resources to stay tanky, and also commit to the Lizard jungle item though. It used to be really good - but it got some nasty nerfs.

Oddly enough, Spirit of the Spectral Wraith is an incredibly good item for casters who like the spellvamp, like Vladimir, glass cannon Karthus, and Katarina - maybe.

Idk. When i play junglers and I can afford to get a purely offensive item, it's usually not one of the 'specialized jungle items'. It's usually a BoRK :P

Grail's gotten nerfed a lot. Can you believe it used to be a heck of a lot more overpowered than it is currently? It is usually a pretty safe pick for most AP mids though.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 6:01am | Report
Yeah, Grail used to have 90 AP, that was pretty insane :P

I'd say right now some of the stronger items out there are Spectre's Cowl / Spirit Visage, Trinity Force and Spirit of the Ancient Golem. Not sure why you mention most junglers going for the Lizard item, utopus, because I am pretty sure Ancient Golem is more popular and I personally feel the other Spirit Stone upgrades aren't all that great (except for Spirit of the Elder Lizard on Evelynn, that is)

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide