Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vynertje's Support AMA and advice thread

Creator: Vynertje December 30, 2014 5:15am
Firehusary
<Member>
Firehusary's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2015 7:35am | Report
Well, that's bad... Wish you best luck, then.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2015 7:47am | Report
Firehusary wrote:
Well, that's bad... Wish you best luck, then.

Thanks, I just got back home now though but still exhausted.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2015 8:21am | Report
Ahh, it was a regular surgery, my appendix has been cut as well :^)
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2015 8:30am | Report
Janitsu wrote:
Ahh, it was a regular surgery, my appendix has been cut as well :^)

Hurt as fk though
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2015 10:56am | Report
Its been a while since his release. How do you feel about Bard? Do you feel his kit is in a cozy position for what he is or that it can still use some work?

Personally, I still have slight issues regarding he insignificance of his W, but I wanna hear your take on it.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2015 11:08am | Report
Toshabi wrote:
Its been a while since his release. How do you feel about Bard? Do you feel his kit is in a cozy position for what he is or that it can still use some work?

Personally, I still have slight issues regarding he insignificance of his W, but I wanna hear your take on it.

As a quick disclaimer: I haven't played him at all so I'm only judging based on what I've seen from streams. I've been burnt out from league so I haven't had the chance to put him to the test.

His skill set is very unique in the sense that it's super hard to balance correctly. Either the mechanics are going to be too broken to deal with or the numbers too underwhelming to be able to survive. Therefore I think he's in a pretty decent spot right now.

My general impression is that his Q and R are great skills (especially during mid/late game skirmishes and teamfights) but I haven't really found a situation in which his Magical Journey seemed like a game changing tool or when his W heal proved valuable.

It'll be very hard to implement him in some kind of meta which is why he may feel kinda awkward but he definitely has the tools to be a really strong pick.
MrMad2000
<Member>
MrMad2000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2015 8:58am | Report
Who do you think is the stronger pick for solo queue above platinum elo? Janna or Lulu and why? What strengths of each champ outshine one another?
I am currently known as Sejwoonapiggle on EUW.
Add me for any queries or questions you have for me!
Check out my stream! I could use the support.
Click here to view my stream!
Ixtellor
<Member>
Ixtellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2015 9:33am | Report
How is Bard not considered the worst champion in the game?
To me the fundamental flaw with this champ is that he is going to wander off to collect Meeps (or whatever they are called). During that time the ADC is going to get bullied and denied.

When I support versus a bard, I just tell my ADC that when ever bard leaves, we are going to kill or shut the enemy adc down. Last time I went Leona bottom we DOMINATED the enemy even though their ADC was much better than ours in terms of positioning and last hitting, etc.
I used to care about KDA, now I care about CS and Objectives.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2015 9:53am | Report
MrMad2000 wrote:
Who do you think is the stronger pick for solo queue above platinum elo? Janna or Lulu and why? What strengths of each champ outshine one another?

Both have their own strengths and weaknesses and it completely depends on what you're looking for.

• A good Lulu player has no counters in lane. Janna does have some 'counters' (Lulu is one of them), but she remains almost impossible to kill regardless while Lulu can be snowballed upon if you do **** up.
  • Lulu has more potential to make or break a lane alone, whereas Janna relies a lot more on the ADC to initiate trades. Janna's trades can be stronger if your ADC cooperates.
  • Lulu has very distinct power spikes and moments where she falls off (she isn't necessarily bad late game, but not as strong as Janna), whereas Janna becomes progressively stronger the longer the game goes on.
  • Lulu has a more rounded kit (she's got a bit of everything) while Janna excels at one thing (mostly disengage/counterengage). In this current meta Janna's tools are somewhat unnecessary (who needs THAT much peel when there aren't any assassins being played) thus I prefer Lulu right now.
  • Lulu is generally more mana hungry than Janna.

TLDR: Janna is a peel bot, Lulu has a more rounded kit but that also means she doesn't excel at anything specifically.

Ixtellor wrote:
How is Bard not considered the worst champion in the game?
To me the fundamental flaw with this champ is that he is going to wander off to collect Meeps (or whatever they are called). During that time the ADC is going to get bullied and denied.

When I support versus a bard, I just tell my ADC that when ever bard leaves, we are going to kill or shut the enemy adc down. Last time I went Leona bottom we DOMINATED the enemy even though their ADC was much better than ours in terms of positioning and last hitting, etc.

A good bard will pick his moments to roam more wisely where your ADC can't get bullied much.

As stupid as it may sound that's the answer to your question. There isn't anything more in depth to that.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2015 4:01pm | Report
A good ADC will also choose his moments to play more passively when his support roams

There are times when it's really easy for a support to roam without much repercussion to his ADC. The most common situation where this is possible is when the bards lane just clears their opponents minion wave and his own minion wave is walking towards his opponents tower. All in attempts on the bards ADC are very easily telegraphed, and the bards adc will miss minimal CS.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide