Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vynertje's Support AMA and advice thread

Creator: Vynertje December 30, 2014 5:15am
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2016 9:22am | Report
I think most of us take flat ad marks on supports like Thresh, Alistar or Braum. However I've just checked recently some of the best supports on the world and they all run armor marks, flat hp seals and armor quints (glyphs are obviously vary).

Is it better now or what?
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2016 9:25am | Report
Umm, what support should I get in case someone picked Twitch?

All-round supports like Braum and Thresh do very well, he needs some kind of protection but can be played aggressively if he has the proper tools.

Blian wrote:
I think most of us take flat ad marks on supports like Thresh, Alistar or Braum. However I've just checked recently some of the best supports on the world and they all run armor marks, flat hp seals and armor quints (glyphs are obviously vary).

Is it better now or what?

I don't know what you're basing the highlighted part on but I've always recommended that setup (armour marks, hp seals, armour quints) for Braum/Alistar.
sanyona
<Member>
sanyona's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2016 9:34am | Report
What supports do you pick to counter blitzcrank and morgana?
I'm having a hard time against a good Morgana as both adc and supp :/
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2016 10:03am | Report
sanyona wrote:
What supports do you pick to counter blitzcrank and morgana?

Blitzcrank: Morg does pretty well if you're good with your spellshields, but other champions that do fine in general are tanky champions like Braum, Alistar. Janna can work as well because she's super hard to hook and she provides a lot of defense for her ADC if he/she gets hooked.

Morgana: any champion that can pressure her in lane and doesn't really get bothered too much can do fine. I personally like Lulu a lot but she isn't in the best state as support. Janna/Nami do fine (although the latter is very hard to play and the matchup is VERY skill dependent) as well. Finally, you can play Thresh if you are very aware of the cooldowns (i.e. bait spellshield with Q, back off, go when your Q is off cooldown again and her E is still down) but it is difficult and generally that lane will result in a stalemate unless one side outplays the other.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2016 11:33am | Report
Lanes that shove Morgana into tower make it difficult for her to really exert pressure. Additionally, champions that can poke through the minion wave give Morgana a hard time.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2016 12:59pm | Report
Personally, I like Karma into Morgana, but post-six Morgana actually has an ultimate and Karma really doesn't (which often shifts the advantage unless you play it carefully).
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2016 2:25pm | Report
sanyona wrote:
A Sivir with decent shields has a good lane against both Morgana and Blitzcrank. She can also deal damage through the minion wave with her boomerang. IDK if there are other good adcs for the matchup (and this is a supp thread), but she's like the most clear counter so I figured I should mention her.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2016 2:44pm | Report
utopus wrote:
Lanes that shove Morgana into tower make it difficult for her to really exert pressure. Additionally, champions that can poke through the minion wave give Morgana a hard time.

Yes, I should've written shove instead of pressure. Morg is useless if she can't push out her lane. The champions mentioned excel at this though.

Personally, I like Karma into Morgana, but post-six Morgana actually has an ultimate and Karma really doesn't (which often shifts the advantage unless you play it carefully).

Karma is super good in lane vs morg indeed (even at 6 because she's so hard to catch with shields) but her late game may still be meh, therefore requires you to snowball lane

Ekki wrote:
A Sivir with decent shields has a good lane against both Morgana and Blitzcrank. She can also deal damage through the minion wave with her boomerang. IDK if there are other good adcs for the matchup (and this is a supp thread), but she's like the most clear counter so I figured I should mention her.

Sivir is good indeed but you really rely on that spell shield (it is outplayable). Lucian does fine as well because he can push the wave at all times and has a low cost escape (although of course an outplayable one).
Dune0z
<Member>
Dune0z's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2016 5:50pm | Report
I have been testing a experimental build in Normals and anted to hear your thoughts, The build consists of getting a tear on your first back, then The Dark Seal right after, Rushing into a Mejais and then finishing support item and sightstone, Then depending on the game getting a Frozen Heart/Locket/Rabadons, With the goal to bring lots of utility and raw AP into the late game, And snowballing the early game. is it worth the trouble?
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2016 6:04pm | Report
Dune0z wrote:
I have been testing a experimental build in Normals and anted to hear your thoughts, The build consists of getting a tear on your first back, then The Dark Seal right after, Rushing into a Mejais and then finishing support item and sightstone, Then depending on the game getting a Frozen Heart/Locket/Rabadons, With the goal to bring lots of utility and raw AP into the late game, And snowballing the early game. is it worth the trouble?

I swear, this whole site is on drugs.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide