Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vynertje's Support AMA and advice thread

Creator: Vynertje December 30, 2014 5:15am
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2016 10:33pm | Report
Also, under things to not do: ignore Sightstone and buy **** like Tear of the Goddess instead, buy Ardent Censer
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2016 12:51am | Report
ignore Sightstone and buy **** like Tear of the Goddess instead

Why the **** some should buy Tear of the Goddess!? I mean she got a nearly spammable ability ( Inner Flame), but that item is mediocre for her!
Thanks to MissMaw for the sig!
Sticks and stones may break my bones, b*tch you can't phase me.
Ranked Misadventures
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2016 2:23am | Report
I don't know either, but I've seen a lot of people pulling **** like that on mage supports this season. Honestly, just Frost Queen's Claim leaves Karma pretty able to spam Inner Flame and Inspire. I like to get Morellonomicon too, but that's definitely not required.
Sarixis
<Member>
Sarixis's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2016 9:50am | Report

Why the **** some should buy Tear of the Goddess!? I mean she got a nearly spammable ability ( Inner Flame), but that item is mediocre for her!

MANY people buy Tear of the Goddess, even a few in high ELO at times and idk why. I'm guessing they assume low CD poke means easy stacking but it makes you about as useful as nipples on a man mid game. It's also unnecessary since Karma has some of the best defensive options for a mage.

Another thing Nameless forgot to mention (we were discussing this last night) is that Liandry's Torment is another one of your best options for a damage item, albeit very expensive for a support.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2016 9:57am | Report
You can basically just buy primarily AP items and end up with a really strong shield, especially with Defiance having 110% AP scaling, so Seraph's Embrace ends up being pretty redundant. It's even worse for support Karma, since it just gimps your damage for most of the lane if you buy Tear of the Goddess early.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2016 10:09am | Report
I honestly don't understand why people think it's good because it's not. Tear is the most cost-efficient mana item for a support, especially going later into the game. However, scaling items in general for a support are meh and you have to get it early, delaying your core items.
Sarixis
<Member>
Sarixis's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2016 10:19am | Report
Well especially in low ELO, players on average love to be selfish little pricks so I can see that as a reason they would buy Tear.

Some people's kids man.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2016 10:29am | Report
"I need to carry my team, better buy Tear of the Goddess instead of an item that actually gives me a noticeable power spike"
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2016 11:32am | Report
Lots of people are ignorant of the fact that even for champions that scale well with AP (except perhaps Janna), utility items are superior to AP builds. Even if you have a bad team and you need to carry hard, you're better off getting utility because otherwise:

1. Your team comp will be out of balance (5 damage dealers but no one to provide utility to allow damage dealers free hits)
2. Items like Locket are actually ridiculously good in terms of value, and no AP scaling can match that
3. You can easily cover your team's weaknesses by being a good support (i.e. un****ing ****ed up situations like AD carries getting caught by stuns with Mikael's Blessing).

On my smurf account I'm building utility only (eye of the watchers -> ionians/swifties -> locket/mikaels) and I think it is the most effective way of influencing the game positively as support.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2016 11:47am | Report
idk if this has been asked already but why are we seeing more eye of the watchers / equinox over fqc and fotm?

is it because most people want the quick aegis now in the meta?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide