Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Welcome back ELO hell >.> (Help meee :>)

Creator: Joxuu July 30, 2012 5:25am
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 8:10am | Report
No, unfortunately there is no Elo hell. Don't insult the players who are able to climb out time and time again by insinuating there is a "lucky breaking point range" where it suddenly becomes easier to win.

It is easier to gain elo where you are right now than it is later on when you climb up.
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 8:21am | Report
Get a better partner?
Use something like Riven/Jax/Darius(cuz ur sig) and dominate top?Seen maybe of these fed guys crushing team fights.
Nothing more I can offer.
Vira here owning 9 champs only after 460 normals never tried ranked :)
UltimateHavok
<Member>
UltimateHavok's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 9:34am | Report
Play Katarina npnp
My name is Havok.
And yes, your mother loves me.

Check out my Katarina guide!
+rep me because I am awesome.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 10:52am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

No, unfortunately there is no Elo hell. Don't insult the players who are able to climb out time and time again by insinuating there is a "lucky breaking point range" where it suddenly becomes easier to win.

It is easier to gain elo where you are right now than it is later on when you climb up.

I agree with Duff, Elo hell doesn't exist. Your mindset is your prison and your attitude the jailor. The argument for "my team always feeds" also doesn't hold much water. If your on a team with "baddies" your likely playing against the same caliber player.

That said, play "pubstomper" or "OP" champions to benefit on poorer players mistakes. Snowball champions usually run trains on entire teams, especially below 1200 elo. Invest in early runepages and take a early advantage champion, such as Tryndamere. You are ready to kill at level 2 and with strong aggression most players are going to be caught off guard.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 11:03am | Report
Well then Elo Hell exists, but it's in your mind. :P ^

When your team mates feeds there is 2 things you can do, either blame them and get 4 different player next game that will feed again and that you will blame again. Or you just grow up and think about what you, as a player, could've done better. Maybe my pick wasn't good against the ennemy team, wasn't working very well with your team synergy. It could be on the gameplay lvl too.

What I'm telling right here, is as soon as you're gonna stop looking at the others, at your elo gain/loss and start watching what you could do to become a better player and see losses as a "learning experience". This is where you're gonna see some improvement.

ty xaiolu for the sign :3
Turbo Punz
<Member>
Turbo Punz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 1:58pm | Report
Solution: Duo-queue

Me and my friend are **** it and it's fairly easy.

Sexy General Odd-Bro is Sexy

+Rep me if you found anything helpful from me

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the beautiful signaures

Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 3:38pm | Report
Thing is, solo queue isn't a test in mechanical but in creating team cooperation where there is none. That is one way of going at it and it works. I tend to pride myself on the fact that when my team does follow my lead we win fights and games.

The other is simply being way better than your opponents on a mechanical front and thus reduce their team to 4+fodder in lane and raping them in teamfights. If you are in this supposed "elo-hell" you are way beneath you and alternative 2 should be readily available. If you find yourself in games where you need that teamwork to go off well you are either in your own level mechanically and either need option 1 or improve your pure skill.

Oh and there is little to no difference between 1100 and 700. Same mistakes, god awful knowledge and greed. Above that I can't really say but from your sc I see that your elo might not differ that much from mine in terms of skills even though it is in numbers.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 4:37pm | Report
What I've learnt about carrying your Elo up: Always play Tristana.

Every. Single. Game.

Your team's feeding them? Who cares. Rocket Jump over a wall so the enemy team doesn't target you, and destroy them through the wall with your OP range while your team very kindly "distracts" them ( gets killed by them ). End of the teamfight, your team has won, and the enemy team has no ****ing idea what just happened.

An example of this was when in a recent match, we had a teamfight near the red buff closest to the purple team's base, to the left of the wraith's camp. I rocket jumped over the red buff's wall, and attacked the enemy team from there, safe and sound. Their Darius realized what was happening and tried but failed to pull me over with his E, as it didn't have enough range. So he had to walk all the way over from the team-fight towards me, but I'd seen him try to grab me and had been attacking him since then. He was a few steps away from me when he died. :P This tactic also works out of each base, near the jungle.

The only sort of counter I've had so far to this strategy was Irelia dashing onto me through the wall when she saw me attacking people from my hidey place. But my ult was up so I just knocked her back out again, then killed her, lul.

You should try and play her in a few matches, she really is OP when you know these tricks. Rapid Fire is just way too big a damage steroid, and once you have Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer and Last Whisper, it's GG as soon as you manage to get into a team-fight in a favourable location ( one with plenty of walls to jump over :P ).

I was stuck on 900 Elo for ages, occasionally reaching 1000, then just dropping down again because of bad team-mates. I tried Tristana, and in two days I went up by 200 Elo, and haven't dropped below it since. With her, it just doesn't matter that your team's feeding. With Tristana you just treat every single one of your team-members as a tank. It doesn't matter that they die, only that they distract the enemy long enough for you to crush them while taking no damage.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 4:59pm | Report

I agree with Duff, Elo hell doesn't exist. Your mindset is your prison and your attitude the jailor. The argument for "my team always feeds" also doesn't hold much water. If your on a team with "baddies" your likely playing against the same caliber player.

That said, play "pubstomper" or "OP" champions to benefit on poorer players mistakes. Snowball champions usually run trains on entire teams, especially below 1200 elo. Invest in early runepages and take a early advantage champion, such as Tryndamere. You are ready to kill at level 2 and with strong aggression most players are going to be caught off guard.

Here's the catch though. They aren't really wrong. The teams usually do feed, because everyone is so freakin' noobsauce.

It is your responsibility at those elo levels to PUT the feeder into the enemy team. You need to make them look so stupid and so bad that you just easily stomp their faces into the dirt. A lot of people don't realize that playing support Alistar at 1200 is a big mistake. You set up your useless unskilled team mates for the perfect fight... And they just watch it happen and go far wolves and you die.

You need to hard carry that elo range~! Play 1v1 capable champs and do it 5 times in a row for the pentakeeee!
KoteyMamak
<Member>
KoteyMamak's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 8:11pm | Report
It's like impossible to get out frum ELO hell, my solo queue ELO is already in ELO hell state, every time i play solo queue i will win some and lose some. so for a better future i stop play solo queue and premade ranked instead. :)
Shen - If light travel so fast, how come never caught a ninja?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide