Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What needs to be done about Renekton

Creator: Syther Blade July 3, 2012 5:59am
1 2
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 7:45am | Report
-_- Ren's fine imo
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 8:08am | Report
Wintermond wrote:

Renekton is in a great spot right now. His lane is a bit above average, because many players know how to lane against him now, but he's still a stronky offtank in midgame.

It is absolute ******** to nerf Renektons early game and buff his lategame. He's an early-midgame champ, that's how he's designed. Same with champs like LeBlanc or Panth. Having only champions who are equally strong at all stages at the game is 1) Boring and 2) counteracts strategic depth.

Pretty much agree with this - only factual post within the first page, he has pretty strong skill-set for lane dominance and doesn't need to be incredibly fed to contribute in later on team-fights. Having champions which differ from strength in certain time phases of the game is part of its charm which adds diversity, without so it would lack enthusiasm. His passive is vastly underestimated particularly outside the laning phase and doesn't need to be altered to some brain-dead passive such s these of Shyvana or Tryndamere.

Also, how exactly do you plan to increase his scaling? His Cull the Meek when Fury empowered is +1.2 bonus attack damage and +0.8 bonus attack damage without fury (his lowest scaling) - do you wish to alter it to flat attack damage scaling...?
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 8:12am | Report
nothing needs to be done.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 9:33am | Report
Wintermond wrote:

Renekton is in a great spot right now. His lane is a bit above average, because many players know how to lane against him now, but he's still a stronky offtank in midgame.

It is absolute ******** to nerf Renektons early game and buff his lategame. He's an early-midgame champ, that's how he's designed. Same with champs like LeBlanc or Panth. Having only champions who are equally strong at all stages at the game is 1) Boring and 2) counteracts strategic depth.

^
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 1:13pm | Report
Renekton is one of my favourite champs
Hes in a great spot, and is still a lot more useful lategame then champions like Garen or Pantheon for example
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 1:21pm | Report
The thing about Renek is that he gets kited to death lategame because his only gapcloser is his dashes, he is much less useful then garen lategame as well. Even though they are both AD casters with great scalings, those seconds of downtime between abilities kills their dps. The thing with Garen though is that his spin keeps him moving and does a lot of damage during its duration whereas renekton has to dash in do his burst combo, and guess what, nobody is going to die. Ever. At least with garen he scales with crit (somewhat) and his cooldowns arent bad, and he has an execute to go with it. Renekton has a stun, but it stuns him as well, and if he ever stuns the AD, hes getting peeled off during his stun animation.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 6:44pm | Report
Like a couple have said before, I think hes in a great place. Dominate your lane and lategame shouldn't matter much, but honestly he doesn't really fall off for me. He initiates really well and can take the role of anti-carry if need be. I don't know how popular it is, but Youmuu's Ghostblade is core on him for me. The active is like Shurelya's Battlesong for non mana users. Think skarner and rene falls into place nicely.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide