Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What will be the next sleeper strong champ?

Creator: Yukimaru April 4, 2012 12:21pm
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 2:05pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Yeah I know, I never call you out cause you're either a) right and I know it or b) probably right and i'll lose any arguments.

huehuehue

huehue :D <3
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 2:09pm | Report
me too moon. me too.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 2:12pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

Mundo's skillset is actually quite poor. His E Blunt Force Trauma scales off his % missing health

While this is true, this does not make him scale with HP. In fact, having more HP will tend to make Masochism less useful. This is because more HP means that any given amount of damage leaves you with a higher percentage of HP remaining. So, strictly, Masochism only really scales with AS to boost the effectiveness of the steroid, and survivability in general hurts its scaling.

This is not, of course, to say that survivability necessarily lowers the effectiveness of Masochism, but that Masochism doesn't scale with any form of survivability.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 2:30pm | Report
well if you say so
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 4:29pm | Report
There is no "One path" for Mundo, because none of his skills have any sort of centralized idea. They all function on independent concepts, lol.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 6:02pm | Report
lifebaka wrote:

While this is true, this does not make him scale with HP. In fact, having more HP will tend to make Masochism less useful. This is because more HP means that any given amount of damage leaves you with a higher percentage of HP remaining. So, strictly, Masochism only really scales with AS to boost the effectiveness of the steroid, and survivability in general hurts its scaling.

This is not, of course, to say that survivability necessarily lowers the effectiveness of Masochism, but that Masochism doesn't scale with any form of survivability.

yes, I'm not trying to argue that he scales better off health, I'm just saying the itemization that his ult and passive flourish on is in direct contrast to his E
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 7:20pm | Report
It scales with survivability primarily for the reason of less survivability = less time to use it (unless you get focused down to 10% then are left completely alone somehow).
Nasus says hi
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 7:53pm | Report
RCIX wrote:

It scales with survivability primarily for the reason of less survivability = less time to use it (unless you get focused down to 10% then are left completely alone somehow).

No, that's not ability scaling. If it were, literally every ability in the game would scale with survivability, because living longer means that you can use it more. And virtually all abilities would also scale with mana, because you'd be able to use them more. But that isn't what ability scaling is about. Ability scaling is about how to get the most out of a single activation of the ability, not necessarily how to get the most out of an ability over time.

Now, I'm not arguing that one shouldn't build survivability on Mundo. It's pretty obvious that one should. But there are a lot of people who build survivability even though they don't actually scale with it (pretty much every single off-tank).
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 8:01pm | Report
Blunt Force Trauma has the highest AD buff of any ability in the game, even without the percent health missing.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 8:07pm | Report
^If you have an atma, Enrage totally buffs you for more :P

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide