Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

When will Riot make a new support?

Creator: Keels December 7, 2011 2:56pm
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 4:05pm | Report
Fox Rage wrote:

Also, I've never said she was better than all the others because she was underrated. I said that she was better than most of the popular support but since she requires such a high skill cap to play, she is underrated and underestimated like hell.

All of your arguments have proven that she's underrated. That means she's both unpopular and stronger than most people think. You have not proven that Karma is better than the more popular choices, only that she's better than most people give her credit for.

Fox Rage wrote:
I do understand your point of view, I must say. And it is true that Soraka, Sona and Cait, in exemple, are very good champions, but I do feel some underrated champion are better than them. Brand, Annie, Caitlyn, Sona, Soraka, Morgana, etc. is but a small list of the popular champions, being EXTREMELY overrated by the community, mainly because they are so easy to play.

Some of those may be true, but you're generalizing again. The fact that these champions are popular and easy to play DOES NOT make them overrated. To be overrated, they must be worse than most people think. I don't believe Caitlyn is an overrated champion in the slightest. She may be easy and very popular, but that doesn't make her any weaker. You could make arguments that someone like Annie is overrated, but I hardly ever see her played anymore. At least in the games I'm playing. I haven't heard her called OP in a very long time. Not since she had that double-nuke glitch.

Fox Rage wrote:
Karma's more useful than most popular/mainstream supports, but playins these supports is much safer since they're easier.

Again, you haven't proven this, and I don't believe it's true. I can accept that Karma is more useful than most people think. I am not convinced that she is superior to the "mainstream" supports. Have you considered that one of the reasons for a champion being "mainstream" is that they're simply the most viable pick?

If the learning curve is Karma's only problem, why isn't she seen in every pro game? If the pros aren't good enough to make use of her potential (assuming she has more potential than mainstream champions), then there's something seriously wrong with the champion.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 4:10pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

I play her bot VS Duff(vayne) and Mowen(Janna) in an inhouse. We proceed to wipe the floor with them because of Karma's strong counter-gank potential. We didn't care about ganks because W is such a strong escape move, when used correctly. We dived with little to no care, because her shields are strong as hell.

It helps when Duff isn't an AD player, was drunk as ****, and gave a literally free kill because he'd NEVER laned against Karma OR Graves before LOL.

The only reason we got shat on was because right when we peaked, Sion with like 6 kills from mid came down and killed us almost by himself, he legit 2 shotted me.

If me and Mowen ran that lane 5-6 times with you, eventually we would find the groove.

I think it's just wait out the early storm of heavy burst skills between those two and then attack when stronger, personally.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 4:12pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

It helps when Duff isn't an AD player, was drunk as ****, and gave a literally free kill because he'd NEVER laned against Karma OR Graves before LOL.

The only reason we got shat on was because right when we peaked, Sion with like 6 kills from mid came down and killed us almost by himself, he legit 2 shotted me.

If me and Mowen ran that lane 5-6 times with you, eventually we would find the groove.

I think it's just wait out the early storm of heavy burst skills between those two and then attack when stronger, personally.

lol way to get wrecked in a lane duff...tisk tisk.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 4:13pm | Report
P.S; I agree with Psi's analysis.

I think Karma is like a hybrid of Janna and Soraka almost in terms of support.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 4:16pm | Report
Quoted:

Pffft. First off, we didn't even get wrecked.

Also, again, I was 6 beers in.

We had more CS than they did, and I only gave up one kill due to herpaderp graves and karma shield burst. Didn't make that mistake twice. The lane was stronger than I'm used to though, it's a good combo.

The real issue though was our mid lane who got ****ED in the *** so hard.

Sion started roaming and there was no hope, our top fed like a monster too so jungle never came bot to punish the Karma and Graves on our tower.

Me and Mowen didn't get wrecked by Karma and Graves, we got pushed to tower and farmed under it, and we farmed better than KArma and graves did.

What we got wrecked by was fed freight train Sion.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 4:16pm | Report
Quoted:

Yeah, now I know that Duff has lost a lane in his life I no longer respect and value his opinion.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 4:19pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Yeah, now I know that Duff has lost a lane in his life I no longer respect and value his opinion.

Have to agree.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 4:19pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Never fear, see above post and put your fears to rest! :D
JMastiff
<Member>
JMastiff's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 4:31pm | Report
I got flamed horribly when did Ashe support (tho i won 3 of 4 games that way - normal, not ranked), same happened with Heimerdinger. Zilean seems still somewhat viable, noone mentions him since in last finals he got picked as mid AP.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 4:33pm | Report
Well of course you got flamed, lol.

You can't do anything that a pro did in this game without getting flamed.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide