Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

When will Riot make a new support?

Creator: Keels December 7, 2011 2:56pm
1 2 3 4 5
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 4:40pm | Report
@Duff: There is no way we should have won that lane.
The fact that we had a lot more aggression, and a way to heal, won us the game early. You had virtually no aggression which kills a "Karma+anyone" lane because she doesn't have the mantra charges to heal off all the damage.
True love is found only in yourself.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 4:42pm | Report
I must be tired because I didn't understand that at all :P

The only thing I got is force karma to mantra for heals.
JMastiff
<Member>
JMastiff's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 4:44pm | Report
BTW It's quite easy to build a suuport not according to current meta, all you need is to forget about the damage and evaluate cc and utility while not being dependent on items - the rest goes into post gp10 ,"aura" stuff and wards.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 4:49pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

The only thing I got is force karma to mantra for heals.

Bingo.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 4:56pm | Report
We couldn't do that in that lane early on because Graves burst + Karma shields. We got put too far behind in trades.

So we just farm carefully.
Spaceycoww
<Member>
Spaceycoww's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 5:00pm | Report
Hopefully they will make a new support. I have recently started playing support and it will be fun to try another one :)
+Rep me Plz!!/Thanks to the GrandMasterD, Xiaowiriamu, Missmaw, LaCorpse, The_Nameless_Bard, Spooon and Myself for the Sigs!!
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 7:13pm | Report
Once again, while I try to remember why I don't just insult you people when you ****ing pretend to know the game better than I do (and considering I played it for longer than 99% of people around here and my IQ I should actually be allowed to insult people in here sometimes)

Let's see, can karma support?
yeah she can
Can she do it like true supports?
oh god no

Seriusly do you peopel go around and play nida as support? if you do you prolly ain't in a ranked game.
Breaking news, I used to play Karma a lot, I don't anymore because if game is lost is suddently Karma's fault foe being an usless champ according to team, disregard my score, and after being banned once for making ******s cry in game and calling them ******s I took an oath of not playing champs comunity lacks understanding of in ranked, so that I'm not going to face stupidity of people too much, thus reducing my will to rage by a fair amount.
That said I used nidalee example for a reason.
Just like Nida, Karma is one hell of a solo top tanky caster, and that's where she should be, farming, being ungankable killing idiots that make even the slight mistake.
Just this statement plus the fact I actually DO ****ING PLAY SUPPORTS ON A REGULAR BASIS AND MAKE TEAM WIN WHEN I DO should make you take my word for granted, but let's go a lil more in depth.
Afterall lower minds are always skeptical of greater minds.

Let's compare her kit, used as support to other support chars:

HEAL:
Karma's heal has a lot of amazing upsides, it's AoE and it's autoclutch since, despite healing for low base amounts it also heals for 5% of target missing health plus a 0.2 AP % ratio.
This makes her heal still not as good as soraka's and Sona's, wich, despite being single target, give the target defensive bonus stats; alistar heal is AoE aswell, but on a better overall CD (between karma needing mantra charges to heal and alistar having CD reduced if friendly unit dies nearby dies) and with no hard targetting, as karmas heal has a 90° cone area with short range all considered, thus meaning targeting can be a ***** in a caotic situation.
Taric heal is overall worst
Janna heal is in her ult, wich makes it very controvertial

CROWD CONTROL:
She has a slow (that with right amount of CD can be close to perma) and a speed boots but no iterrupt.
Alistar has 2 interrupts 1 being an AoE stun other being a deposition skill.
Sona has slow, speed boost, AoE stun, anticarry debuff
Soraka has a silence and a MRes shred
Taric has a stun (point & click is an advantage)
Janna has an AoE knockup, a team speed boost always active (tho the amount of speed is not that high), a single target slow and a deposition

TEAM STEROIDS
Karma has none
Soraka passively gives mres and gives armor on heal
Taric has armor aura and AP+AD bonus aura
Sona has an aura giving AP+AD and an aura giving armor+mres
Alistar only has a self steroid
Janna has a huge and spammable AD steroid

DAT SHIELD
Karma has a damage absorbing shield
alistar-sona-soraka-taric have no damage absorbing shield
Janna has a damage absorbing shield that also gives increased starts to the wearer

So well what do we have here as a support?
An heal that is only better than taric's wich is the worst heal between all supports
worst CC
No team steroids
A shield that is less usefull than the only other shield around.

TL;DR (and resume)
1. Karma is a way better tanky caster than support
2. I hate some of you deeply
3. Karma is still a better support than Kayle (but so is evelyn)

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 10:25pm | Report
ZioSerpe wrote:

Once again, while I try to remember why I don't just insult you people when you ****ing pretend to know the game better than I do (and considering I played it for longer than 99% of people around here and my IQ I should actually be allowed to insult people in here sometimes)

No, you shouldn't. I'm pretty sure I agree with you (too tired to read whole post), but you don't have to lord your skill or knowledge of LoL over anyone else. There's no reason to hate on the people that disagree with you just because you have different views, whether they're more correct or not.

Chillax, bro.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 11:14pm | Report
Give us a furry Yordle supporty ftw? :D

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide