Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
Nocturne_Saint
<Member>
Nocturne_Saint's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2014 8:07am | Report
Looking for a list of champions that go top lane, without extreme skill celing.
As I'm trying to have a few for each lane so i am prepared if someone picks my favorite lane and champion.

also a list of decent ADC for bottom, as i have a good idea of what goes for support and mid lane so far.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2014 11:32am | Report
Nothing in LoL requires extreme skill to be effective. Especially for anything below Diamond 1.

That being said, bruisers tend to be easier, while ranged champions usually win lane against them, so I'd recommend learning a bit of both. Jax is banned a lot but is a monster right now. Renekton and Shyvana, always safe picks. Jayce, Ryze, Kennen are nice ranged choices, even if Ryze's range is ****.

As for ADCs, Twitch, Graves and Lucian are really good, with Caitlyn the forever good and safe pick. But there are a lot of good choices, basically anything other than Urgot can work. The crab is usable but I don't think of him as an ADC.
Zyad
<Member>
Zyad's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2014 11:58am | Report
Hey, i've got 7955 IP, and i want to buy smt, i was looking and Yasuo Lucian and Fizz really like me.

My actual roster is :
mid:Orianna, leblanc and ahri
adc:Ez and Varus
Supp: morgana and lulu
top:ryze, liss and kayle
Jg: Fid and master yi

I dont know what buy and i would like to get an advice from you guys

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Thatdudeinthecotton's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 6:56am | Report
Zyad wrote:

Hey, i've got 7955 IP, and i want to buy smt, i was looking and Yasuo Lucian and Fizz really like me.

Ok, so looking at your roster, I would say that Lucian is your best buy right now.

Reasoning: In mid lane you have Ahri and LeBlanc, both of which (particularly the latter) fulfil the same role as Fizz, ie: Highly mobile ap assassin. So he's not the most optimal purchase right now.

Yasuo's a bit better, as he's an ad mid which you seem to lack. However hes got an extremely high skillcap and is also a pretty situational pick due to his limited range. He's not weak, just average and there are better ad mids to start off with, like Zed.

Finally my reasoning for choosing Lucian is that he is currently the strongest early game duelist out of all the adc's with a possible exception of Draven. He is very capable of crushing weaker adcs early on and scales well into late game. Now ofcourse Varus and Ezreal are strong picks aswell, Im simply reccomending Lucian for games where you want to crush your opponent in early trades.
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2014 11:26am | Report
got about 7600 ip, i don't like that much braum, and i need something to get skilled(at least have fun) with and that is viable atm in ranked. I'm playing a bit atm, still not sure if its gonna last, anyway i was a malph main in s3, kha main this season but looks like he got some nerfs(even if it dosent keep me away from him) and i need something less squishy to play. I play darius sometimes when i'm top but i dont do either great or too bad too often and i feel it too boring at some point when i have to build full tank and can't do much later in the game then see it ruined by my team cuz i can't do much either for being darius. Just dont feel that great with him.

This is the list of champions that i dont own:
Aatrox Quinn Thresh Vi Nami Syndra Rengar Zyra Jayce Fiora Ziggs Sejuani Viktor Ahri Leona Orianna Vayne Rumble Caitlyn Cassiopeia Trundle Mordekaiser Nidalee Miss Fortune Sona Anivia

tho i don't like much ADCing recently(neither liked that much supporting, except that i liked thresh when i played it on free weeks,but mostly was adc on mid or bot). I can play wherever needed, so feel free to choose among any role.
"Cross over."
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2014 11:57am | Report
If you liked thresh then why don't you pick him?
Nami, Zyra and Viktor are fun, I personally would pick one of those three.
Ryze seems like the perfect answer to your text at the top tbh. I might be a bit biased, but he is viable(viable=above trollpick level), not exactly squishy as soon as you have some items and he doesn't fall off.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2014 12:04pm | Report

If you liked thresh then why don't you pick him?

cuz i never really played him support, and since his hook is harder to land then blitz's one, and i dont play blitz since a lot, i guess that im too rusty and bad at it.

Nami, Zyra and Viktor are fun, I personally would pick one of those three.

I dont know how good is viktor atm, might think at him tho.

Ryze seems like the perfect answer to your text at the top tbh. I might be a bit biased, but he is viable(viable=above trollpick level), not exactly squishy as soon as you have some items and he doesn't fall off.

not really surprised by this answer.
"Yeah, I want you to be proud. I want you to be proud of me!"
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2014 12:08pm | Report
I'd ask otg or gmd about viktor.
Seriously, you pretty much asked for a tanky hypercarry in that text. Jax, Ryze and Nasus are the only ones that i can think off right now.
Octa-bit
<Member>
Octa-bit's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2014 8:45am | Report
Looking for some help in picking a new champ. So far I play anything besides mid with support also being a little under played for me. I love jungling but I've already got quite a few champs in my roster. I used to main top but I've only got about 3 or 4 champs for that lane. I've really been shoe-horned into adc since I've hit ranked, but I'm actually liking it so that's been alright.
I'm really looking for a champ that's fun to play but still competitive. I also like champs with a high skill cap. I like champs with a high degree of mobility if possible, but its not the biggest thing in the world if they don't.

Right now for lanes here are my champs:

Top: Darius, Jax, Renekton
Mid: Syndra, Nidalee
ADC: Lucian, Jinx, Sivir, Miss Fortune
Sup: Nami, Morgana, Leona, Soraka
Jungle: Vi, Nocturne, Xin Zhao, Warwick, Master Yi, Udyr
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2014 3:07pm | Report
Octa-bit wrote:

Looking for some help in picking a new champ. So far I play anything besides mid with support also being a little under played for me. I love jungling but I've already got quite a few champs in my roster. I used to main top but I've only got about 3 or 4 champs for that lane. I've really been shoe-horned into adc since I've hit ranked, but I'm actually liking it so that's been alright.
I'm really looking for a champ that's fun to play but still competitive. I also like champs with a high skill cap. I like champs with a high degree of mobility if possible, but its not the biggest thing in the world if they don't.

Right now for lanes here are my champs:

Top: Darius, Jax, Renekton
Mid: Syndra, Nidalee
ADC: Lucian, Jinx, Sivir, Miss Fortune
Sup: Nami, Morgana, Leona, Soraka
Jungle: Vi, Nocturne, Xin Zhao, Warwick, Master Yi, Udyr

Kha'Zix and Lee Sin are both high skill cap chapions and both are used in the higher elo's and rank fairly well in most tier lists Elise is another fun one in the jungle and is also ranked high in most tier lists

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide