Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
KatariFIRE
<Member>
KatariFIRE's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2014 5:37pm | Report
iambatman wrote:
Hi

Can someone tell me their opinions and straight facts that should i buy gangplank?

Ive been interested in gangplank for awhile, but his kit seems pretty odd and hard. Is there some aspect i havent considered or is he unplayable? The idea of a ranged/melee AP/AD hybrid seems pretty "flimsy" and unreliable. His theme and looks just please my eye, and ive seem some insanely fed gangplank dominating in my and the enemy team (of course ive seen my fair share of bad gangs). But the question is: Would you recommend gangplank and how fun is he in scale of 1-10, and how good ingame he is from scale 1-10?

Thank you in advance :)

YOU SHOULD BUY HIM, HE IS PLAYABLE AND STRONG AND FUN!

First of ALL, I recommended play him as pure AD or Pure AP.... DO NOT EVER BUILD HIM HYBRID!!!
Which I like AD more cause it is reliable.

Gangplank is a medicore champion, I would give him 7/10.
"How fun he is" is really depend on your feeling.

I play him as a skill-shot champion.
Always level up your Q first because you need it most of all.
Gangplank can farm very easy and faster than most of other top laner, his Q get grant him bonus gold and half of mana cost if you last-hit on minion.

I always buy him Avarice Blade as fast as I can to speed up his gold income.
Once you have Sheen and Statikk Shiv you will hit very hard.

Just don't play too aggressive, last hit and poke.
"There is the Hunter and the Hunted"
Zyad
<Member>
Zyad's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2014 7:19pm | Report
Hey guys. Recently i discovered that my best role is the jungle... That's a pretty sad 'cuz i love play mid.
But now, let's go to my question. My champ pool in the jungle it's extremely limited, i'm playing Xin Zhao and Vi. I was thinking on buying a few more junglers, i don't know if i should buy Rengar or Lee Sin

I know that rengar is an easyer champion than lee sin, lee it's prolly the highest skill cap champion in the game. But my greatest fear of buying Rengar it's he's going to get nerfed soon(tm) and he prolly get useless. And lee prolly still strong forever.
halp me pls

PS: sorry for my englando

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2014 8:31am | Report
Lee Sin. I think lee sin is one of the most fun champs to play in the game; his high damage and high mobility kit allows you to make dynamic plays wgat simply wouldn't be possible on most other champions

For my question:
Do i buy the headhunter caitlyn skin,or the sheriff cait?
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
youbleedred
<Member>
youbleedred's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2014 2:58pm | Report
id say personal preference

Should i get yasuo and a string bot lame champ(e.g. Lucian, who i own) or should i get two strong bot lane champs, or should i get someone else and a strong bot
Ghost Pants
<Member>
Ghost Pants's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 2:35am | Report
Shyvana, or Jarvan?
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2014 1:18am | Report
Hey guys I'm Kadius, a brand new League player. I came from dota so I'm not a noob at mobas and Ive played my fair share of ranked but league is a new experience for me. Currently I'm level 13 in League and am loving it. Really fun game, very casual and laid back. I think it's awesome. Anyway I know about Mobafire through Dotafire and Smitefire which I used to use and post in a LOT when I played the corresponding games. ANyways this is a little off topic but, meh, it's my first post. Now my pool currently sits with:
Tristana
Shaco
Warwick
Master Yi
Teemo (I use him just to farm IP and win mid lane really easily)
probably others, but I can't remember. Anyways my best character and the one I <3 so dearly is my brother Shaco. Jungle is definitely my second fav lane other than mid but I find I make some sweet plays in jg but I DO need to learn to farm and not gank so much as I fall behind in jg. Now I'm saving up for Talon because he seems to be the most bursty champion that is closest to my playstyle. After this I want to get Yorick or LeBlanc. But after this I'm really open tbh. I want another really good jungler. Someone with decent clear speeds, good burst, good chasing potential/gapclosing and some kind of sustain. I find myself dying to Jungle creeps quite a bit as shaco early game. I have played on rotation Kha'Zix, Lee Sin and Vi. Out of these I hates Vi, dominated with Lee Sin and really appreciated Kha'Zix's kit but just couldn't play him and had a bad understanding of trhe character itself. FOr the record I lioke characters with the following:
A good gapcloser

stealth like Deceive

Massive burst

If not stealth then definitely a juking mechanic. In fact a juking mechanic like Warrior Trickster that mixes both would be amazing

some kind of sustain is always nice

a soft/hard cc

SO YEAH GUYS if you can help me out then great! Love you all and hope to play this game more in the future :) Baiiiiii
Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Credits to the lovely and talented Amanda for the sig, be sure to check out her workshop!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2014 9:03am | Report
Kha'Zix, Rengar, Lee Sin all fit your interests quite well - Also, these champions have some sort of outplay potential.

I've recently fallen in love with Jarvan IV. I almost always build him tank so idk what bruiser jarvan does in terms of damage, but his early game damage is quite strong if you land a good EQR combo on someone
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Sirnikolai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2014 2:26pm | Report
For the Champion skins should I buy the Mafia Jinx 1 or the Akali Nurse 1?

I think I'm best with support even tho on rank I'm terrible just too many long time players.

So should i save up to buy (with IP/RP) Jenna, Riven, Katarina, or Fiora.
Uuskilu
<Member>
Uuskilu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2014 8:46pm | Report
So I know I want all of these champs in this order generally
Kalista, Rengar, Jinx, Akali, Irelia, Shen, Nami, Vi, Aatrox, Kog'maw, Caitlyn, Elise
but the issue is after Akali I generally want the rest of the champs equally and I cannot seem to decide an order. I've played all of the champs and I enjoy them all but if someone could give me their opinions on some of these champs and how fun they are to play and how viable they are in the meta and maybe give me a general order or what they would do in my situation that'd be sweet
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the epic sigpic

Also, check out my Soundcloud, I make music..kinda
https://soundcloud.com/agentagent/tracks
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2014 10:23pm | Report
I like bursty all inners. Highest burst in the game?
Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Credits to the lovely and talented Amanda for the sig, be sure to check out her workshop!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide