Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 5:58pm | Report
Darius tends to get tanky but he's also incredibly broken at the moment so you'll be stomping everyone into the ground. The only problem you'll have with him is if you get in a match where someone can poke you for more damage or has ranged attacks.

Olaf is more run in past their tanks and smack the hell out of their low health champions. He can stay in lane for a long time and he's pretty good 1v1.

Nautilus is definitely not your playstyle. He is more of a tank/disabler than anything else. You play him in the jungle (mostly) and he ganks by pulling enemies towards him and slowing/stunning them.

Lee Sin is a great 1v1 champion who has great mobility and ganking potential. He's another great jungler but he is not bad at top lane either. Good sustain/shield and some good damage, but not too squishy either.

LeBlanc is completely squishy. She's great 1v1 for a while but she falls off late game hard. I wouldn't recommend her.

Pantheon isn't the best 1v1 but he does have a stun and a ranged attack. He's not the best top lane/jungle but he's not the worst either. He's a good champion for his price.

Gangplank is currently... Out of place, in my opinion. He's like Pantheon but he has more damage. He's got a strong ranged attack ( Parrrley) and a built-in heal Remove Scurvy. The only problem is if you build him all damage you'll get torn apart, if you build him all health you'll do no damage. You need to get items like Phage, Warmog's Armor and Atma's Impaler for a nice mix of health and damage.

With that being said you said you like champions that can pick off low health targets and good at ganking. I suggest Jax. He's only 1350, has incredible 1v1 abilities and he's good at ganking too. He's easy to learn and pick up, and if you master him you won't regret it. He's my favorite and best champion and most of the time I win over my lane. He's also a decent jungler too, if that's more your pace. Hope I helped.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 6:37pm | Report
BluAnimal wrote:

Can't decide which mid champ I want. I already own Ziggs, Karthus, Kassadin and Annie.

I'm trying to decide between Anivia or Xerath. I already have about 20 games worth of experience with Xerath. If you have a suggestion for a champion I'm open to it. Thanks

Anivia all the way. Xerath is getting nerfed, and Anivia is just godlike anyways, she has really high burst. And more utility then Xerath.

@Coolstranger

Lee and Jax are probably 2 of the best 1v1 champions in the game atm, and they are both extremely good junglers as well :)

Olaf is also good, but he isn't really 1v1, and you need to build him tanky. I would def go with Lee or Jax if you want :)

Pantheon is cool too, if you're into spartans and all.

Also lol, Taking advice and giving advice, eh Blue?

Well that's good :)

BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 7:28pm | Report
Haha yeah, wanna give back to the community just as much. ;D

Man, I'm gonna pick Xerath up sometime this year, I really do love playing as him, but I did buy Anivia a few moments after that post. Just went 18/4 as her. Such an amazingly fun champion. Cheers. :3
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 8:19pm | Report
BluAnimal wrote:

Haha yeah, wanna give back to the community just as much. ;D

Man, I'm gonna pick Xerath up sometime this year, I really do love playing as him, but I did buy Anivia a few moments after that post. Just went 18/4 as her. Such an amazingly fun champion. Cheers. :3

Awesome, Birds are definitely pretty good.

Glad you're having fun, and also glad you're posting cause we need more members like you :P

Nice avi btw :D

LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2012 3:37am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Anivia all the way. Xerath is getting nerfed, and Anivia is just godlike anyways, she has really high burst. And more utility then Xerath.

Dude I don't even want to know where you get your infromation. He gets in the next patchs a change so he has sige power pretty much the reasone you picke him for that is a buff .
Thanks lgnition for the Sig.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2012 3:42am | Report
anivia is way too underestimated, so aniv it is.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2012 4:29am | Report
Both good champs

Anivia is seeing more play in the competitive scene

Xerath is just underplayed
jinlee
<Member>
jinlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2012 1:26pm | Report
i almost got 3150 again so should i get olaf or kassadin i currently use ezreal vladimir and gangplank and sometimes shaco jungle.

all credit for this amazing sig goes to the nameless bard

if you thought what i said was worth it a rep would be rainbow pony awesome
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2012 3:54pm | Report
jinlee wrote:

i almost got 3150 again so should i get olaf or kassadin i currently use ezreal vladimir and gangplank and sometimes shaco jungle.

What level are you? And the only way you'll get to play Kassadin is Blind Pick. But don't get me wrong, he's an incredibly fun champion to play.

Olaf is one of the better top lane champions at the moment and he's got great damage output even if you build him tanky.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2012 6:53pm | Report
LaronX wrote:

Dude I don't even want to know where you get your infromation. He gets in the next patchs a change so he has sige power pretty much the reasone you picke him for that is a buff .

meant that he was already nerfed lol :P

jinlee wrote:

kassadin or vlad

Nighthawk wrote:

kassadin if you enjoy being aggressive in lane and like shutting them down, vlad if you like never getting forced out lane and escaping 3 man ganks and then snowballing into lategame. Kass kinda tends to fall of lategame a lil bit, whereas vlad excels in lategame.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide