Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 5:13pm | Report

Im trying to decide which mid to buy, Katarina or Talon. Anybody want to give me some pros/cons about each?

Katarina is a very good AP mid, being manaless is really good for her and for your team (especially with a jungler like Amumu) however unlike most ap mids she has zero cc and not a whole lot of built in sustain, so it's semi risky to pick her and you want a team comp built around her, she generally can't just be stuffed in as a 5th pick.

Talon is a very good counter to most AP mids, his harass is great and his entire kit is great towards countering a lot of ap champions like Ziggs, Xerath etc. His ult is also a great escape tool and pretty well makes him ungankable especially since it's on a low cooldown. Lategame he isn't super great in teamfights but can serve as an Assassin well.

Ultimately they are fairly similar in their roles and it's up to you on who to choose, however I would say that atm Kat is probably stronger then Talon, his high cd on W kinda hurts him.

Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 5:17pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Absolutely, she is way better then she was previously and can easily roflstomp in a lane and when she gets to lategame it's pretty ridiculous. Def going to get nerfed soon :P

Kata is actually weaker in lane since going offensive is way riskier with higher cd on shunpo. Yes she deas more damage but the risks are WAY higher and as such often not worth it and her poke is worse so being passive is also bad.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 11:38am | Report
Crows foot wrote:

Kata is actually weaker in lane since going offensive is way riskier with higher cd on shunpo. Yes she deas more damage but the risks are WAY higher and as such often not worth it and her poke is worse so being passive is also bad.

level 1-5 yes. level 6-9 = no.

She should really still only be picked as a counter pick though, imo.

Phil15
<Member>
Phil15's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 1:20pm | Report
Should I buy Vladimir or Ahri? I want to know which is more fun I dont really care about whos the best in your opinion I just want to know whos more fun to play in your opinions
XLR8 I vanilla
<Member>
XLR8 I vanilla's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 2:32pm | Report
@ Phil15

Ahri all the way man. Ahri is a lot more fun to play but also requires a lot more skill and practice to do good. Ahri also has a lot more damage than Vlad because she's an assassin. She simply IS better. Better damage, more fun, truckloads of mobility, true dmg on her q, an awesome ult, the best CC in the game on her E and she's hawt. Also i've never lost to a Vlad. The best thing about her? Everyone keeps telling you youre OP once you get like 4 kills or so.

To tell you a little about Vlad, well he really doesnt have much other than sustain. His dmg is garbage, hes got no mobility, he has decent sustain with Q, an escape method with his pool (not the best to be honest due to it's short duration) and his ult fails. a lot.

now to finally get to your main point: Ahri is definitely more fun to play. Once you start you cant stop. With Vlad you wont be doing much other than spamming your Q.
+Rep if I was of any assistance or just for hugs :3 <3
Thank you LaCorpse for the beautiful sig!
Machineae
<Member>
Machineae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 5:03pm | Report
Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad^

Vlad is a great farmer and absolute monster late game. He's not very strong until level seven but surviving until then isn't much of a challenge.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 5:58pm | Report
^^ Agreed that the opinion is bad. I picked up ahri, played her a few games, and am just not that into her. Vlad, on the other hand, holy balls. Mid game he is scary as ****, late game he is the nightmare that comes crawling out of the closet to eat your face. Amazing sustain, his Sanguine Pool makes people rip their hair out. Its impossible to land a full combo against him in lane because of it, and its really REALLY hard to successfully gank him. AOE damage in teamfights, and a serious team helping ult. It basically gives the enemy team AIDS by killing their resistances, THEN does stupid damage after 5 seconds, leading to alot of easy multi kills. Get vlad, he is more fun, and scarier late game.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Phil15
<Member>
Phil15's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2012 7:33am | Report
Just looked azubu blaze game vs tsm... Now im going to buy vlad for sure thanks guys
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2012 7:40am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Ziggs is good in ranked, however he is REALLY squishy, and has no escapes so against ganking junglers like Ali, Naut etc it's better to use others. His ultimate is one of the best in the game, and he can do really well, but his skill cap is higher then a lot of other ap mids and Q can be fairly unreliable in some matchups etc. Still, if you like him, go for it ^^

Thanks for the opinion I think I'm gonna get him because he's too fun to play.
And maybe I'll get gragas too for the long run, too stronk.
Buranri
<Member>
Buranri's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2012 2:36pm | Report
I'm looking for a character that's really fun to play, but also is a bit more survivable early game.

I love playing Fizz right now, but I also struggle with the randomness of normals (not level 30) and trying to survive to level 6 or so. Solo tops don't really work either, since no one jungles. I play Udyr a lot when I'm in the jungle, but I'm looking to expand my range of characters a bit. Currently the only ones I can play well are Udyr and to some extent Ziggs. I'm mediocre with Fizz and Taric. I used to be decent with Riven, Fiora, and a few others, but I haven't played them in a while. Any ideas?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide