Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why do ppl play maokai when they can play:

Creator: Pølsemanden February 11, 2012 7:40am
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 12:46pm | Report
I dun good?
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 3:03pm | Report
Quess my opinion's are flawed. I just don't seem to get how they're non comparable:
singed: damage;q cc;wc Ulty; OMG-UNSTOPPABLE
maokai: damage;e cc;qw Ulty; OMG well not really, but aoe-counter.

The OOOOONLY aspect of which i can see a big difference in their kit/role is: maokai counters aoe, singed doesn't
Singed has more damage, they're equally equipped with cc, and singed is more tanky due to his passive and ulty. Also singed can't be harrassed as much as mao in thar jungle, is less mana hungry, and clears big camps faster/easier, singed can efficiently build a WOTA. And i honestly believe their ganks are of equal standing. post-6 singed is better; DEM TOWERDIVES! U will have ghost up 2 times before 6 so u should at least be having 2'ish kills pre-6. Maokai will maybe have 2(mostly 1) flashes pre-6(don't say but maokai can run ghost too cuz we both now, he can't use ghost for anything really..... Singed can run past wards in the speed of light if it's top/bot bush warded. I just think that singed excels in every single aspect with the exception of two things(aoe-counter, small camp clears).
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 3:15pm | Report
Just to some it up for you
Maokai BRINGS MORE UTITLITY FOR THE TEAM. MORE UTITLITY.
This does not mean he does a lot of dmg or can't be counter jungled but he has very good EARLY ganks and is very usfull late game. Sure Singed is quite fast in the jungel and also has awsm ganks but only if he has ghost and/or his ulti up and they have a much longer CD then maokais snare.
I think you want to see something what is not there. They are both totaly diffrent picks and in and premade team a maokai can just shine more then a signed. He is strong but so is maokai so let ppl pick what they want and you pick him and own them.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 3:21pm | Report
LaronX wrote:

Just to some it up for you
Maokai BRINGS MORE UTITLITY FOR THE TEAM. MORE UTITLITY.
This does not mean he does a lot of dmg or can't be counter jungled but he has very good EARLY ganks and is very usfull late game. Sure Singed is quite fast in the jungel and also has awsm ganks but only if he has ghost and/or his ulti up and they have a much longer CD then maokais snare.
I think you want to see something what is not there. They are both totaly diffrent picks and in and premade team a maokai can just shine more then a signed. He is strong but so is maokai so let ppl pick what they want and you pick him and own them.

> implying EG is not premade.
> implying singed can't gank without ghost/ult.

I don't see how he brings more than only a bit lil bit more utility(through his ulty). Singed has a slow on "w" AND a slow on "q" after rylais. that **** is pretty affective dude...
Maokai is not gonna be able to kill anyone on a lane single handedly, that's just like almost impossible.

LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 3:33pm | Report
Ehm... you know when he did play jungel singed and also how parnoid lanes got after the aggassive gameplay of M5 that changed the meta? Singed is no rammus that just can run over a ward and gank with nothing then a short cd skill. He has to burn long cd to do so yes he can also gank without it but it won't be as effektiv by far. Udyr ganks also can be quite scary if he flash but still i would not call udyr a good ganker even though he can gank without flash. Singed is a pick where you have to have lanes without good escape moves. vs many mid he has quite a hard time to gank same for some bot lanes(sivir graves vayne). while maokai can do near tower ganks and still be good and don't the enemy even reach their tower a bit like ali.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 3:55pm | Report
Well, but I think, lategame Singed is actually more gamebraking. If he gets 1 Fling of the carry, he is dead and the teamfight is over before started. And if you get for example Rod of Ages+ Rylai's Crystal Scepter, your posion trail deals massive AoE dmg, even if the enemy is not dumb and chase you. The trick is, run around them all the time and poop into the escape ways.

And finally, the AoE slow. It could be on the same level like a ulti actually. If you get 2 or more people in it, at least 1 carry, you can completly crush the enemy team. Also it is nice if you Fling s.b. back into Mega Adhesive.

Because of that lategame which is as gamebraking as Amumu is, maybe even more, I think Singed is the better teamfighter.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 4:08pm | Report
ohh yeah.. singed is not as good against dash-mids, but no flash-mao can't do much against thoose either.

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 4:23pm | Report
The funniest thing with Singed, if you Fling s.b. while he tries to jump away, the spell is burned and he is still Flinged.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 4:30pm | Report
Who the **** is "s.b."?
Tri lane for life.
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 4:33pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Who the **** is "s.b."?

Somebody.

See, I'm down with the youth yoyo dude!
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide