Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why is Akali's Ult range so big?

Creator: Pwnzor1130 October 3, 2011 9:38pm
1 2 3 4
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 6:51pm | Report
Akali WILL counter every team comp with a squishy inside it. But it's so easy to counter pick an Akali. Just go with an hp or tanky team, and she'll be useless.
I don't like Kass's Riftwalk kit because it's so. SO. SOOO FCKIN MANA COSTLY.
But, Kass is still one of my fav champs so yeah. :P Don't like how Akali needs to juke her way out when Kass can just R2win.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 7:01pm | Report
Quoted:

Akali WILL counter every team comp with a squishy inside it.

Chances are your Ranged DPS is going to be squishy. Morgana would be a good counter pick, as her Black Shield can stop Akali's initial burst and a CC heavy team can shut her down long enough that she can't kill your carry. Takes some coordination of course, but there are ways to save your carry from Akali.

Black Shield
Guardian Angel
Chronoshift
Any sort of CC, especially immobilizations, stuns and silences (slows aren't as great).

Not saying what you said is wrong; a tanky team comp is a good way to cope with Akali. But you shouldn't feel forced into playing Urgot if you really want to play Vayne and have a good team to protect you.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 7:17pm | Report
Oops, forgot about some exceptions. CC also ruins Akali. Lee sin is the gayest counter. Alistar, Kass, pretty much any hard CC ruins her hard.

Akali is a great pick if you see the enemy pick a squishy team with no CC. And since in low elo no one counterpicks, Akali = free elo. :P
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 7:28pm | Report
Counter to Akali?

Push, then don't get raped too hard when she ults to chase you down your lane.

Edit: If she doesn't want to lose her tower, she will need a gank or she will need to spam E and be out of energy all the time, not able to harass with Q's.

Some sort of CC+some sort of life steal or spell vamp is always nice.

I use Yorick and she can't do much, she loses Q trades when i w+e, and i just push the lane down her throat and she loses on CS.
Tri lane for life.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide