Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why isn't Rammus viable?

Creator: I post stuff February 27, 2013 1:30pm
1 2 3
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 12:53pm | Report
riot killed rammus when they decided to nerf his base armor and AD with no shred of compensation for his only role ingame, which is jungling. a base AS buff could be ok. the only thing i wanted for him was to be able to lane again, but it's like wishfull thinking.

As requested to GMD himself.
SpawnOfHell
<Member>
SpawnOfHell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 4:53pm | Report

It is horribly annoying to gank Malzahar with Rammus. Voidlings, voidlings everywhere.

You think that's bad? Try ganking Yorick. He presses one button and your gank fails right there.

I think that's one of the biggest problems with Rammus. His ganks can be stupid strong but there's just so many things that can screw things up for him as opposed to Maokai's 'click to kill' ganks. He's just too grossly outclassed and not really worth picking over other ganking junglers.
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 9:08pm | Report
The problem with Rammus in my opinion is he's not a safe enough pick, sure sometimes all your ganks will land and you'll cruise to a win cigar-in-mouth with your now fed lanes, however.. If your ganks fail then you're gimped, he clears so slow and is incredibly vulnerable to being counterjungled, you'll come out of the jungle so underfed and practically useless because no team worth its weight in salt will let you spin all the way through them and engage their carrys.

If you compare this to say Vi (amoungst others) who has tidy clear times, excellent dueling, decent ganks pre-6 and better than Rammus ganks at 6 (imo due to there reliability) and can come out of the jungle as a strong anti-carry/tank due to her impressive kit then he doesn't fair too well..
Thanks Xiaowiriamu for the awesome signature!
Chinoshu
<Member>
Chinoshu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2013 6:24am | Report

If Riot made it so that when he was in his Q duration, he ignores minion collison, that would solve the problem :D.

This unfortunately (even though I absolutely love Rammus and why am I saying that a buff is a bad idea) is in just that a bad idea, I have played hundreds of games as Rammus and have been able to do just fine using flash to insure I slam the target I so please. Ignoring minion collision would slow down his jungle time even more. Also, I wonder if annoying is considering his power in TT? His clear times are slow, but you can pretty much insure a gank if you know when to use flash and exhaust (or ghost if you have enough people with exhaust on your team). Ghost is great for its low cooldown, and removes the unit collision worry as well. I think the major worry of players using Rammus is not that he has slow clear times, it is more their worry of failing a gank. You will get better at ganking if you work together and constantly play as him, I promise.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide