Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why isn't Rammus viable?

Creator: I post stuff February 27, 2013 1:30pm
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2013 5:05pm | Report
He is viable. He's just not one of the strongest picks right now because a lot of junglers are more well-rounded. He's definitely viable in soloqueue. I think in competitive play he isn't played as often since his very early game is pretty poor while the current meta favors a lot of early game pressure and a short laning phase. He also doesn't synergize with many team comps as well as champions like Jarvan IV and Xin Zhao can.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2013 8:43pm | Report
Rammus isn't viable?

That's ********. Noone laneganks like a ****ing rammus. It literally forces the enemy to pick cleanse and even then he can just taunt the enemy ap-carry into death.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
jinlee
<Member>
jinlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2013 9:18pm | Report
truthfully in what the metas becoming the only things that aernt viable are troll builds and champs that got a hard nerf in the butt, as long as you have the skill to do it its viable in a sense. least thats my opinion onto were the meta going

all credit for this amazing sig goes to the nameless bard

if you thought what i said was worth it a rep would be rainbow pony awesome
SpawnOfHell
<Member>
SpawnOfHell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2013 10:54pm | Report
He's not unviable. But he's a risky pick that's situational at best and he's being outclassed by a lot of champions. He pretty much only does well at ganking as a jungler and there are junglers who gank better or just as well as he does such as Maokai or Hecarim and bring more damage/team utility to the table. That and he's been nerfed to all hell and doesn't really fit the role of a tank (surprisingly squishy without items, bad initiating, only has one hard CC, etc.) and has some of the weirdest scalings and itemizations in the game (gets AD from armor with no use for AD and has random AP ratios, wtf?) He can still do well in solo queue but he feels almost completely dependent on how hard he can feed his lanes and doesn't really contribute as much as other junglers on his own.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 1:16am | Report
If Riot made it so that when he was in his Q duration, he ignores minion collison, that would solve the problem :D.
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 10:06am | Report
It is horribly annoying to gank Malzahar with Rammus. Voidlings, voidlings everywhere.
I don't play LoL anymore.
For Demacia
<Member>
For Demacia's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 11:07am | Report
I have tried rammus jungle tonight, and i must say he is really fun to jungle with, but you need to have luck that the enemy is abit more overextending and pushing.
League of Legends merchandise, tips, hits, news and tricks and many more on www.Fordemacia.com
ZeroSoulreaver
<Member>
ZeroSoulreaver's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 11:17am | Report
jinlee wrote:

truthfully in what the metas becoming the only things that aernt viable are troll builds and champs that got a hard nerf in the butt, as long as you have the skill to do it its viable in a sense. least thats my opinion onto were the meta going

This pretty much sums it up nicely.

-I'll ADC you l8er-
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 12:45pm | Report

If Riot made it so that when he was in his Q duration, he ignores minion collison, that would solve the problem :D.

Well, RIP jungle rammus then. His clears are already slow enough WITH damage on his Q.
Valkenhyn
<Member>
Valkenhyn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 12:52pm | Report

what if they did this and made his W deal amplified or true damage to minions and monsters?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide