Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why Thresh is OP

Creator: Xander756 February 5, 2013 1:55pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

147 posts - page 3 of 15
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 2:27pm | Report
you wanna know whats op?

thresh can get 99.98% physical damage reduction by gaining max stacks of souls.

how many souls is that? 999999.

(and even with a last whisper, he'd still have 96%ish damage reduction.)
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 2:31pm | Report
It makes me sad that's theoretically impossible to achieve, ever. XD
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 2:38pm | Report
nah, just play a bot game of you only. dont even attack the minions, just wait around to get souls.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Xander756
<Member>
Xander756's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 2:41pm | Report
Quoted:
Author clearly has no idea how Damnation works if he didn't even BOTHER to notice that the value goes down per soul collected. The first step to explaining how something is OP is CLEARLY not understanding how it works.

Your reading comprehension skills are low so I will help you. The author clearly knows that the bonus per soul goes down otherwise the word "initially" would not be in that sentence. If he thought it stayed the same the word "initially" would be useless and redundant and would not be there. The fact it is shows that he knows you initially get that bonus and then it changes later.

Quoted:
Bonus BASIC ATTACK DAMAGE. Again, failure to even LEARN the champion's skills.

Um what? It clearly says that on the ability description.

Quoted:
This is the most laughable part of this paragraph. Why is Thresh being compared to Graves??? They are NOTHING ALIKE! Graves is designed to be an AD Carry, Thresh is designed to be a support! This shows failure to understand even the BASICS of the GAME.

They aren't? Did you see the embedded video of an ADC Thresh? Did you even read this article?

Quoted:
It's fair because Graves is a ranged AD Carry, and is meant to be squishy but deal a lot of sustained damage, but Thresh is designed as a support tank.

You do realize that Thresh's attack range is almost as far as Graves', right?

Quoted:
You forgot Taric has 60 free armor from his W, heals, and auras, Nami has heals and a gamechanging ultimate, and Soraka has a 100+ armor buff on a target of HER CHOICE plus infinite lane sustain.

No he didn't. Nobody was looking at those abilities. The article was comparing passives and base armor. Thresh's passive gives him that much armor. It wouldn't make sense to compare it to an actual ability that must be learned and leveled from other champions.

Quoted:
It's not even a suppress. Again, failure to understand the champion as a whole, and he just starts QQing about it.

Except that it is. You cannot take any action while being pulled, just like you can't take any action while Warwick ult's you. Do you know what the word "suppress" means?

Quoted:
Darius isn't overpowered. LOL.

Pretty sure the entire LoL forums disagree with you.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 3:06pm | Report
with armorpen so easy to get, i'm not sure how fair his clause for natural armor is. maybe just another reason to stack HP?

Sig made by Tamy
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 3:34pm | Report
Xander756 wrote:

Your reading comprehension skills are low so I will help you. The author clearly knows that the bonus per soul goes down otherwise the word "initially" would not be in that sentence. If he thought it stayed the same the word "initially" would be useless and redundant and would not be there. The fact it is shows that he knows you initially get that bonus and then it changes later.

If you want to be correct, you should have said "A soul initially grants Thresh 1 AP and Armor, and goes down with each successive soul." Initially means at the very beginning, not somewhere close to the beginning.

Quoted:
Um what? It clearly says that on the ability description.

Wrong. Bonus MAGIC ON-HIT DAMAGE based on a percentage of Attack Damage. I don't even have Thresh and I still know this.

Quoted:
They aren't? Did you see the embedded video of an ADC Thresh? Did you even read this article?

And you haven't read my reply. I stated Thresh was DESIGNED by RIOT to be a SUPPORT. I said nothing about the player base in my argument.

Quoted:
You do realize that Thresh's attack range is almost as far as Graves', right?

Almost is almost. The same is the same. Almost =/= the same. I don't get your point here.

Quoted:
No he didn't. Nobody was looking at those abilities. The article was comparing passives and base armor. Thresh's passive gives him that much armor. It wouldn't make sense to compare it to an actual ability that must be learned and leveled from other champions.

You haven't read the most important point I was making. Champions aren't balanced by ONE ABILITY. They are balanced by kits as a WHOLE. YOU are in the wrong, you're ignoring Taric, Soraka, and Nami's kits and saying Thresh is OP just because he gets armor from his passive. No one cares if Sona has as much health as a minion at level 1, she was nerfed to that state because of how strong the rest of her KIT was.

Quoted:
Except that it is. You cannot take any action while being pulled, just like you can't take any action while Warwick ult's you. Do you know what the word "suppress" means?

Again, almost/similar = almost/similar, and the same = the same. Almost =/= the same.

You cannot Cleanse out of suppressions. You can Cleanse out of Death Sentence.

If you are suppressed, it means you cannot take any actions until the suppression is over. You may not use abilities, you may not use summoner spells, etc. Because you can Cleanse out of Death Sentence, it breaks one of the rules for which an ability can be considered a 'suppression', and that is the capability of using a summoner spell during the duration.

Quoted:
Pretty sure the entire LoL forums disagree with you.

I could post a thread asking "Why is Darius OP?" and the replies would be 500 downvotes and people saying "he's not, Noxian Guillotine is."

On a similar topic, Noxian Guillotine is OP because the rest of Darius' kit doesn't have enough power put into it, and instead all that power got shifted into his ultimate.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 3:39pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

nah, just play a bot game of you only. dont even attack the minions, just wait around to get souls.

one side of minions will eventually win. Long before you get that many.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 4:08pm | Report
In my opinion, I would say that the OPness of Thresh is similar to that of Blitzcrank's - only as good as the player is.

Which means that if you're getting beat by a Thresh player, that either means that the Thresh player is good, or that you're ****.

I, too, think the author is far too heavily biased.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 4:43pm | Report
i like how this isnt the first rage fueled article by Alexander

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/general/does-riot-games-support-hacking-18462?page=1

if anyone remembers that the article was written by the same exact person and it was a rage fueled article about getting banned while in a game with a "hacker" in which is behavior was terrible

honestly the author of these articles needs to rethink writing before he tries to say a company is bad at creating champions and types biased rage about champions/games he had

but for real though thresh isnt OP, ive been grabbed by him so many times and it was like "meh i got grabbed just walk away" unlike a blitz grab that can kill you
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 4:59pm | Report
Xander756 wrote:

Biased does not mean opinionated. Here is the definition of biased: Show prejudice for or against (someone or something) unfairly: "the tests were biased against women"; "a biased view of the world".

Obviously this article is not "biased." The author does not display unfair prejudice against anything. He simply states his opinion and then lists supporting facts to back it up.

>the tests were "opinionated" against women
>a opinionated view of the world
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide