Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why Thresh is OP

Creator: Xander756 February 5, 2013 1:55pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

147 posts - page 8 of 15
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2013 12:53pm | Report
guys.. hey guys.. hey guys lis.. hey guys LISTEN.. Annie OP, crushes everyone every single match she has ever been in i never ever ever lose as annie period ever in the history of forever.. look at my last match http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/27675997#history.. Im the best annie NA no doubt, i winn all the times.. Ok jax tho, just learning him, but im still best NA, K? K.

All jokes aside though, that match was hilarious, they just kept feeding and feeding like i were a hungry hungry hippo and none of the dipsticks built a shred of MRES, so i guess I can count that off as having a ******ed opposing team.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
TheBlueReaper
<Member>
TheBlueReaper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2013 1:48pm | Report
You build berserkers on Jax :C
Thanks to jhoijhoi , TinyStar , Minho, Hogopogo , TheNamelessBard and GMD for the sigs!
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2013 7:45pm | Report
Meh. Im just goofing around on him anyway lol im not a serious top player
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2013 9:12pm | Report

guys.. hey guys.. hey guys lis.. hey guys LISTEN.. Annie OP, crushes everyone every single match she has ever been in i never ever ever lose as annie period ever in the history of forever.. look at my last match http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/27675997#history.. Im the best annie NA no doubt, i winn all the times.. Ok jax tho, just learning him, but im still best NA, K? K.

All jokes aside though, that match was hilarious, they just kept feeding and feeding like i were a hungry hungry hippo and none of the dipsticks built a shred of MRES, so i guess I can count that off as having a ******ed opposing team.

Sounds like 99% of my ranked teams
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
DarkAkumaLord
<Member>
DarkAkumaLord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2013 5:48pm | Report
Lollllllll I won so easier as Annie this one time. Ri-di-cu-lous since it was my first time too.
+1 Rep me if you think I help you or others or don't Pick A Card.

... Man I used to say that stuff. It's been years.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2013 8:21pm | Report
OK, so back to the matter at hand. Thresh OPness... I've heard tell of a hidden passive called Soul Glutton. From what I understand, upon consuming 250 souls, the stacks reset. Meaning, each soul will give you 1 ap and 1 armor again, and I think that after achieving Soul Glutton, they don't reduce in value any more. I have no clue of the validity of this claim, but I plan on testing it in the next few days.
Foo18
<Member>
Foo18's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2013 8:48pm | Report

OK, so back to the matter at hand. Thresh OPness... I've heard tell of a hidden passive called Soul Glutton. From what I understand, upon consuming 250 souls, the stacks reset. Meaning, each soul will give you 1 ap and 1 armor again, and I think that after achieving Soul Glutton, they don't reduce in value any more. I have no clue of the validity of this claim, but I plan on testing it in the next few days.

I highly doubt that is the case.

I haven't read much of the thread, but I really think thresh is OP. I played him a bit and he just felt broken. He does way too much damage and has way too much utility. His W is broken as **** if used correctly, his E is really strong. His ult is hit or miss, but super strong if used correctly. I would say his Q is meh, but the passive on it is ****ing broken.

I have played thresh about 6 times, and played against/with him about 25 times as ADC, and unless the thresh was god awful, he won lane. His kit is balanced if you are bad with him, but if you know what you are doing he is the best support in the game. There is very little counterplay to him, too. He is a tank with really high damage (for a support), really good utility, and good range.

He has almost zero weaknesses, and is above average in almost every category for support.

I think he's stronger than pre-nerf Zyra. (Pre SECOND nerf that is. You know, the nerf after people started playing her as a support)
__________________________________Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance of your ignorance is bliss._________________________________
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2013 9:23pm | Report

That's both true and not.

There's a stack limit of 255 because of data limits. Once you hit 255, you get soul glutton. It does stop reducing at a point though. However, that point is around .5 AP/Armor per soul.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
DarkAkumaLord
<Member>
DarkAkumaLord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2013 1:28am | Report
For some reason, I rarely see a good Thresh
+1 Rep me if you think I help you or others or don't Pick A Card.

... Man I used to say that stuff. It's been years.
CounterSnipe
<Member>
CounterSnipe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2013 6:44pm | Report
Thresh is easily countered in early game by poke lane compositions. His CC is OK in that he can pull you and slow you, but it takes skill to really play him well. It's like saying Lee Sin is op, when in reality it's not the champion, but the person who plays him, that makes the champion appear to be OP

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide