Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Would it be more optimal if I mix AD runes with...

Creator: YayaFTW August 5, 2012 12:04pm
1 2 3
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2012 1:08am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Armor Penetration is better
If your having trouble last hitting than you need to practice more

Not neccesarily if you play someone whose every skill scales with ad. You start lvl 1 with +15 or so, you get HUGE damage and on each aa between skilling like Riven should do... that is burst lvl 1 if going broken wings.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2012 1:55am | Report
I tend to favor full AD runesets for laning now. Assuming it's draft mode, your lane opponent(s) probably have runed armor to counter you already. That's going to make your flat pen less effective (it's more effective against low-armor targets). Lots of top laners can build a ton of armor quite quickly without sacrificing much in terms of damage as well. I don't see how a few points of flat pen is going to help that much late game. Rune for your early game, it's usually going to have the biggest impact then.

I would probably only run arpen runes in lane against champions that have difficulty building armor. Also if you're surprising your opponent (like if you picked Panth and laned mid with your AP going top or something), armor pen might be a little better. AD mids versus squishy APs can usually rune for armor pen and even build some flat pen like The Brutalizer. AP carries generally have a tough time counter-building so early in the game without throwing all their damage out the window.

Full AD is superior for bot lane imo considering the amount of armor buffs down there and the fact that almost every bot laner will have armor seals. Supports often take armor marks as well.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2012 2:30am | Report
mhm I am actually trying to use ArP way more atm combined with a brutaliser or bc it's really strong.

The lane Corki + Taric + ArPrunes is ridiculus.

Other than that I stick to AD runes

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide