Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

WTF Guys? Where's TEAM MOBAFIRE?

Creator: AncientNecro February 12, 2012 1:15pm
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 2:30pm | Report
Hmmm..

Zell, I've never wanted to look anyone in they eye and tell them **** You more than I do now.

That said, this is just an idea and my beliefs. Imho any person / persons who want to be taken seriously need to step up.

People who want to remain casual gamers, waxing their member under the desk for another +rep, can remain casual gamers, AND YOU KNOW WHAT, THAT DOESN'T BOTHER ME A BIT.

Sorry my idea sent you into a ****frenzy bro.

Neurotic whining? Rambling Adolescent mood swing? Remind me how old you are again, son?

BRO I'M SORRY THAT I WANT US TO GET BETTER, TO HAVE SOMETHING TO STRIVE FOR, AND I'M SORRY I WANT TO HELP THE COMMUNITY GROW.

AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 2:36pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I won't participate in a team that doesn't practice regularly personally.

Good man, Duff. How regular is regular to you though? If a team was able to do 4-5 games a day / night, and have contact before / after / between the games (theorycrafting and team critiquing) I realize they would probably not be practiced enough for teams such as TSM and whatnot... but whoever said that was off their rocker, because starting a team and getting to the top of the charts are two completely different stories. I just want a MobaFire team that I can watch scrim occasionally, and look on them with pride in a "dem's mah ppl" kinda way ^_^

Plus, I'd donate to a MobaFire team, whereas I would never donate to just a forum.

Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 3:50pm | Report
I gather you don't know that many people then if you haven't had such an urge as potent as before (note how I say "know" and not "met"). As amusing as I find idle threats over the internet *yawn*.

It hasn't sent me to any "****frenzy" (evidently I can't say the same about you). People have responded in a generally well-mannered tone thus far but if you really excepted to go ahead and pragmatically trash talk the community without getting a single ill-mannered response then.. get real.

I do find it funny though that instead of actually addressing the important parts of my post (and on that note other excellent posts in this thread) you get hung over about the trivial parts.

Rest assured that if we have the group of members with the initiative and time to undergo such a project it will happen, if not then it won't and it won't be the "end" of Mobafire as you foretold it to be.

By the way I seriously doubt that you would ever say "**** you" to me straight in the eye in person and not because I'm a "badass" or some Wesley Snipes figure. Oh, and your neither black nor in a West/East coast gang so stop overusing the term "bro" as if you're.

DuffTime wrote:

Was that really necessary?

No it wasn't necessary, I'll remove it to prevent any further harm.
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 4:00pm | Report
I can probably do between 1-5 games a day after work.

I theorycraft my ****ing *** off and have a bajillion ideas ready and waiting for entire team comps already.

Also open to ideas and input from the whole world.
AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 4:02pm | Report
I apologize fully Zell.

Know that I wasn't "bashing the community".

Sometimes tough love is needed for something to continue to move forward. If they don't want to, that's fine. I choose to be progressive in life and in all things (except insurance).

The MobaFire community as a whole is monstrously excellent man. Nearly every damn person on this site is a better LoL player than I am, and I'd argue that I have the lowest ELO, but am not quite sure.

Do I know the answer to every question? no. Do I know who would manage such a thing? no. All I know is that if the community gets the ball rolling, someone will step up and take initiative. Who knows where it could go from there?
-My point was to encourage growth. A new idea. Team Mobafire?! how can anyone in the community not give a big "Hell yeah!" just at the thought of it?

Again, I apologize for previous ****ery, Zell.

@Duff: I've seen your looking for team post forever now. When I was brand-new to Moba you told me to send stats when I hit lvl 30. Let me question you this, and know that regardless of the answer, I still doubt I'd ever a team:

Do stats really matter that much? If you gave someone with horrible stats / elo a shot and they amazed you and worked exceptionally well with your team, you wouldn't DQ for stats, would ye?

That being said, I'm not stating that anything can actually amaze such a mighty, bold warrior. :P

Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 4:09pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I can probably do between 1-5 games a day after work.

I theorycraft my ****ing *** off and have a bajillion ideas ready and waiting for entire team comps already.

Also open to ideas and input from the whole world.

Ok.. so the team duff is forming seems to be a possibility for "Team-Mobafire NA" or something. If they signed up for Go4Lol. And got in a good spot? That could be awesome(i would watch it)
U have 3 members so far, right?
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 4:11pm | Report
I have an Idea.

Make everyone pick their favorite role.

Then make everyone from each role fight to the death til we can see who's fitting more.

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 4:11pm | Report
animorte wrote:

He is well known for one specific thing, dominating top lane. I'm sure other people can be well known for plenty of different things. DEWO was once considered the party crasher (thread ender) and mid Yi. That was until he got admin and been busy every since. :P

Maybe, as it was already stated, we could put together multiple different teams and play customs against each other, paying attention to how well people played their roles and such.

QQ. My only claim to fame is my drunken Corki skills :/

AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 4:14pm | Report
Easy idea.

Vote team captain. Week-long vote in mobafire.

Team captain chooses from there.

What team captain says, goes.

Should there be clear and concise ****ery on behalf of the team captain, we roll another vote.

I dunno men. Just an idea. I haven't trimmed and polished this **** yet, nor is it my place to, really. Regardless, plenty of people have read the words "Team MobaFire" while coming into this thread to chat. That alone will insure its formation i think, no matter how long it takes.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 4:15pm | Report
I just want good players, but the lack of experience from players with less wins is -always- a factor.

Polse, no I don't have 3. I don't -really- have anybody yet :P

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide