Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Xerath and Skarner Reworks: Better or worse?

Creator: OTGBionicArm February 11, 2014 7:47pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Do you think these reworks made the champions better or worse?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2014 7:47pm | Report
So, this patch rolled the two reworks for some of the most underplayed champions.

Xerath was completely overhauled and Skarner mostly got things moved around in his kit.
I thought I'd make a thread to discuss the changes and general things about their new kits like itemization and skilling orders.

I'll start with my thoughts;

Xerath; Possible improvement. I'm not sure if the kit is actually any better than his old one, but it's sure a hell of a lot more fun to play then the old kit's "drop everything and that person dies" kit. He really felt like a living artillery. His waveclear is still ******ed, if not even more so, and his mana sustain is now very high with his new passive.
Build I tested: Max Q then W then E, 21/0/9 masteries and Sorc shoes, Dcap, Athenes, void, Zhonyas, Abyssal scepter. Runes were Hpen, Armor, MR and AP Quints

Skarner; I'm actually a bit sad on this one. It feels and looks like nerfs across the board, and I'm nott he only one who's said this. He feels sluggish now, and he can't even lock targets down with his Q anymore. His mana costs still blow and overall he looks to be in an even worse state than he was previously.
Build I tested: used Ghost instead of Flash, Maxed Q then W then E, 9/21/0 masteries, Ninja Tabi, Golem, iceborn Gauntlet, Randuin's, Spirit Visage, Blade of the Ruined King.
Runes were Hpen, Armor, MR, and AD Quints
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2014 7:56pm | Report
When i saw you play as Xerath, his kit kind of felt like AP kog'maw. You stay WAAAAY back, and pick people off. It seems like now, he's much more susceptible to assassins, since they have an easier time sneaking past a front line, and getting up close and personal to people.

I think riot just kinda deleted skarner. Not gonna lie - in that game we played, the skarner contributed nothing. I'm not even sure why riot decided to nerf him. His kit wasn't particularly powerful to begin with
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2014 8:06pm | Report
Skarner: Olaf'd. I complained about this on the PBE forums multiple times and Riot has never responded despite my post being upvoted significantly every time.

Xerath: OP burst and roam because of his numbers and the fact that W has a ******** 80% slow. Got a lot of utter **** matchups against popular mids though ( Katarina, Yasuo, Riven, Zed, LeBlanc), so I'm not too concerned.

Rework made him generally more viable but less unique and fun to play as a champion IMO. But I guess I enjoyed tossing E on people and have them act like headless chickens trying to predict my Q while I auto them.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2014 8:14pm | Report
@Utopus, Riot has recently said something like "we didnt intend to nerf Skarner, only to fix his gameplay issues" or something silly.

@Satella true but aside from Kat, those champions generally give mages a hard time. :p
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2014 8:21pm | Report
Riot? Making a statement like that? Why am i not surprised. at all.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2014 8:21pm | Report
E change is good, it makes more sense to stun someone before you unload your combo on them rather than point and click one skill then having to hit a skill shot for a stun(brand is still weird for me for that reason)

i miss the spell pen he got from his old W but i guess having another real damage skill makes up for it, plus him getting all of his range without it is good too

i feel like his Q is too strong though, he should have to charge it up for more damage instead of just getting full damage with it no matter how long he charges it
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2014 8:26pm | Report
But Dill, if he didnt just get the full damage, any melee would **** him up harder cause they know he'd have to WoW Blood elf animation cast that **** for 2 seconds to do any damage to them.
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2014 8:42pm | Report
doesnt that add counterplay? you get close to the long range artillery to kill him and in return if he can stay away from you he gets extra damage

ALSO doesnt Varus have a similar skill that does more damage the longer you charge it? idk if it does more damage the longer you charge it im not a varus player so i might be wrong
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2014 8:43pm | Report
varus is an entirely different role, so I think it's still unfair to compare them even if the abilities are similar in function.
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2014 8:49pm | Report
long range damage dealer kind of applies to both of them regardless of what kind of damage they apply and what lane they go to, you get in the face of a ranged adc and it dies, you get in the face of a long range artillery mage and it dies

why should it be ok for one to be at a disadvantage for damage when someone is close range when another can still do full damage on an uncharged skill when someone is beating on him at melee range when the fantasy of him is "long range artillery mage"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide