Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Yes to KS?

Creator: braindead004 June 28, 2013 11:12am
14 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
braindead004
<Member>
braindead004's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 11:12am | Report
I am very new to LOL and I am very curious, what is the big deal about KS? I can understand during certain situations where a champ needs the kill to add to his/her special ability but during a game against bots? What difference does it make to steal a kill when the object of the game is to destroy the enemy base? I think I may be missing something here and any light shed on this will definitely be a great help in understanding the game. Thanks for any feedback.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 11:20am | Report
secure kills when necessary, try and get them to the appropriate person (such as if your a support) but if you're a jungle, adc, mid, or top laner just try and secure the kill
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 11:26am | Report

I am very new to LOL and I am very curious, what is the big deal about KS? I can understand during certain situations where a champ needs the kill to add to his/her special ability but during a game against bots? What difference does it make to steal a kill when the object of the game is to destroy the enemy base? I think I may be missing something here and any light shed on this will definitely be a great help in understanding the game. Thanks for any feedback.

For someone who is new, you actually understand the principle well :P

You should destroy the enemy base, *****ing about KS wont get you anywhere. Besides, sometimes killsteals allow to have an assist + kill in a team, instead of just having a kill, which benefits the team more. Also, sometimes a last hit is necessary to confirm a kill. It happends that people are so afraid of killstealing, that the enemy escapes. Which is quite a waste :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
bcican
<Member>
bcican's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 11:34am | Report
This also goes away quite quickly once you begin normals, just be carefull, if you can give your carry kills than do it, it will be much better for the team in the long run, unless it's really questionable that they will actually get the kill (i.e. enemy flashed but you are still in range), in that case fire away, better you get a kill than no kill it all. Ranked is a different scenario however you have a ways to go before that I assume.
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 4:49pm | Report
Vs bots = nobody gives a ****

Taking others kill doesn't make much difference unless they are behind and did a lot to almost get the kill but you appeared and scumbag took it...

If you are REALLY fed try to let others take kills so your team is balanced, you cant 1 v 5 carry
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 9:31pm | Report
In a real game ''stealing a kill'' is actually good for your team in most cases because you get an assist + a kill which is more gold than only a kill.

In bot games people don't really play to win and just look forward to destroying bots as quickly and as easily as possible. People take pride in their kills and may get pissed off if you ''steal'' it even though it actually probably will make your team have more chances of winning.

However, if you're playing a champion that is meant to support the team, you might want to let your big damage dealer get the kill so he can get more gold and make you win.

Made by -NA- Veng Lmfao
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 10:28pm | Report
KS = kill secured.

That's all you need to know :)
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2013 1:14am | Report
IAmByakuya wrote:

you cant 1 v 5 carry

;)
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
FancifulDoll
<Member>
FancifulDoll's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2013 5:44am | Report
There is no such thing as kill steal. Everyone needs to calm down :/

Kill Secured is definitely correct in my book!
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2013 12:45pm | Report
Right people who get mad about KS piss me off, I was playing Draven the other day on my smurf account, and I got the last hit on two champs "ADC", and two of my teammates were complaining about me taking the kills, like Meiyjhe said it generates more assist gold for your team, more gold for your team = winning objectives, as a new player questioning Kill stealing because it gets in the way of of securing objectives you already know more about winning then 99% of the lol community.

the only time you don't want kills is when you are playing support and your ADC has a easy kill, then give it to the ADC, but it's still better for the support to get the kill then letting someone get away.

Objectives win the game, not kills.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide